PDA

View Full Version : Loudon

Magicshoes12
07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
With Ryan Newman taking the pole by .251 seconds [roughly a mile an hour] faster than Ronnie Silk.....who has something for him in the race?? Who do you guys think? Will the regulars get a little more physical with him now? Like Marquis did to Stewart at Loudon to take a spot away!! Hope it will be a good race and not a chase! See you guys there Saturday! Safe Travels everyone!

BigMac
07-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Things will be different on Saturday with the draft. Petree qualifying 5th was a bigger surprise to me. I just hope the back markers keep the wheels straight and let the big boys race upfront. To think, this is only the first of 3 races at NHMS.

JWfor8x
07-15-2011, 01:52 AM
With Ryan Newman taking the pole by .251 seconds [roughly a mile an hour] faster than Ronnie Silk.....who has something for him in the race?? Who do you guys think? Will the regulars get a little more physical with him now? Like Marquis did to Stewart at Loudon to take a spot away!! Hope it will be a good race and not a chase! See you guys there Saturday! Safe Travels everyone!

I have no idea who might have something for Newman and to completly honest, it doesn't matter to me who it is, but I hope someone does. I do not want him to win. I don't want him to have any mechanical issues and I sure don't want someone to take him out. I just want him to finish out of the top 5. I have nothing against Ryan Newman, he's a terrific race dar driver. I don't think that his participation in these WMT races helps the tour. I don't think that it brings any exposure to the modifieds, espescially in a race like this that is not even televised. Maybe, if people who are not regularly exposed to the modifieds could see the tour guys compete succesfully against Newman, it might help some, I doubt it, but that's not the case this weekend anyway. I don't like the fact that Newman and Kevin Manion are racing just for fun and I hope that someone, anyone, beats them.

JW

Gil
07-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Another race with a small field! Why didn't some of the Southern Tour guys come up seeing there are about nine empty spots?
:(

bud
07-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Well let's see.....no tv verses cost factor and no more exposure than any other race.. ..... bad economy ....hard contact with the wall = need for new car.....if I were a lower budget team I might opt out too. Not going to call it a bad purse for the mods but if that were boosted and tv was added it might make a difference. I can't believe it would break the budget too double the mod purse......besides if we are worried about a 3 mile consi at monadnock adding cost I can't imagine how anyone could afford to run100 at louden.....lol

bud
07-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Oops I meant 6 miles

BigMac
07-15-2011, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=JWfor8x;167207]I have no idea who might have something for Newman and to completly honest, it doesn't matter to me who it is, but I hope someone does. I do not want him to win. I don't want him to have any mechanical issues and I sure don't want someone to take him out. I just want him to finish out of the top 5. I have nothing against Ryan Newman, he's a terrific race dar driver. I don't think that his participation in these WMT races helps the tour. I don't think that it brings any exposure to the modifieds, espescially in a race like this that is not even televised. Maybe, if people who are not regularly exposed to the modifieds could see the tour guys compete succesfully against Newman, it might help some, I doubt it, but that's not the case this weekend anyway. I don't like the fact that Newman and Kevin Manion are racing just for fun and I hope that someone, anyone, beats them.

JW[/QUOTE.

I'm quite confident that the racing is better with Newman in the race. As a fan, I want to know I'm going to see a show when I plunk down my $40 dollars tomorrow. Newman helps provide a show. He really mixes it up well with the WMT's top teams. That's not to say I want to see him win again but I think the racing is better when he is in the mix.

BOWATCHER
07-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Who builds the carbs for newman and petree I WANT ONE.

limodmaniac
07-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Is this the same petree who didn't qualify for Bristol? Makes u wonder

NJ MOD GUY 1
07-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Nobody has anything for them. They've got the engine, driver, setup, and preparedness. The only thing they have to worry about is luck.

TMAC
07-16-2011, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=BigMac;167223][QUOTE=JWfor8x;167207]I have no idea who might have something for Newman and to completly honest, it doesn't matter to me who it is, but I hope someone does. I do not want him to win. I don't want him to have any mechanical issues and I sure don't want someone to take him out. I just want him to finish out of the top 5. I have nothing against Ryan Newman, he's a terrific race dar driver. I don't think that his participation in these WMT races helps the tour. I don't think that it brings any exposure to the modifieds, espescially in a race like this that is not even televised. Maybe, if people who are not regularly exposed to the modifieds could see the tour guys compete succesfully against Newman, it might help some, I doubt it, but that's not the case this weekend anyway. I don't like the fact that Newman and Kevin Manion are racing just for fun and I hope that someone, anyone, beats them.

REALLY.......BONO IS ONE OF US!! AND THE 7ny LIVES ON,GOT NO PROBLEM WITH THAT....YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY THOSE SEAT BELTS FIT ANYBODY...WHO EVER IS GOIN HAVE A GREAT TIME

JWfor8x
07-16-2011, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=BigMac;167223][QUOTE=JWfor8x;167207]I have no idea who might have something for Newman and to completly honest, it doesn't matter to me who it is, but I hope someone does. I do not want him to win. I don't want him to have any mechanical issues and I sure don't want someone to take him out. I just want him to finish out of the top 5. I have nothing against Ryan Newman, he's a terrific race dar driver. I don't think that his participation in these WMT races helps the tour. I don't think that it brings any exposure to the modifieds, espescially in a race like this that is not even televised. Maybe, if people who are not regularly exposed to the modifieds could see the tour guys compete succesfully against Newman, it might help some, I doubt it, but that's not the case this weekend anyway. I don't like the fact that Newman and Kevin Manion are racing just for fun and I hope that someone, anyone, beats them.

REALLY.......BONO IS ONE OF US!! AND THE 7ny LIVES ON,GOT NO PROBLEM WITH THAT....YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY THOSE SEAT BELTS FIT ANYBODY...WHO EVER IS GOIN HAVE A GREAT TIME

Again, just as I said that I have no problem with Newman, I have no problem with Manion either. I would love to see the 7NY run the entire tour, but understand that it's not going to happen. I just don't want to see them win when they cherry pick the races that are run as support races for the cup races. Maybe if they ran in a race that was run on an off cup weekend, I might feel differently, I don't know. I don't even know if there are any of those dates as I don't follow the cup series. I'm not saying that they should not be ALLOWED to race. All I am saying is that I hope at least one team, hopefully several teams, beats them. Enjoy the show.

JW

Magicshoes12
07-16-2011, 02:10 PM
Just woke up from the Snooze Fest 100 I mean F.W.Webb 100 sunburnt and $45 dollars poorer. Been to a lot of tour races at Loudon and first one I wanted to fall asleep...besides the winner....what was with TC he had nothing...even more what was with santos?

JWfor8x
07-17-2011, 01:31 AM
[QUOTE=TMAC;167234][QUOTE=BigMac;167223]

Again, just as I said that I have no problem with Newman, I have no problem with Manion either. I would love to see the 7NY run the entire tour, but understand that it's not going to happen. I just don't want to see them win when they cherry pick the races that are run as support races for the cup races. Maybe if they ran in a race that was run on an off cup weekend, I might feel differently, I don't know. I don't even know if there are any of those dates as I don't follow the cup series. I'm not saying that they should not be ALLOWED to race. All I am saying is that I hope at least one team, hopefully several teams, beats them. Enjoy the show.

JW

After reading Polly Reid's story, I once again find myself in the position of being wrong about something. According to her story, Kevin Manion is racing the 7NY at Seekonk, Thompson and then next Saturday at Riverhead. Those are not tour races, but I'm thinking that maybe I'm wrong. It's not the first time and probably not the last time, but I should stop trying not to let the facts get in the way of a good opinion.

JW

Ben Althen
07-17-2011, 02:49 PM
They mentioned it was a second car to be driven by Gary Putnam (most likely his 77), not the 7NY.

JWfor8x
07-18-2011, 12:20 AM
They mentioned it was a second car to be driven by Gary Putnam (most likely his 77), not the 7NY.

You are, of course correct. I made the mistake of using my memory which is a really bad idea for me.

JW