PDA

View Full Version : whats the rule on the starts?

Turbo
07-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Just curious of what the rule is on the starts, i remember last year I was told that the leader starts the race and the vehicle on the outside CANNOT beat the leader to that yellow line out of 4. If the vehicle on the outside beats the leader to that line he will be penalized. Did they change that this year? Just curious because in the truck race last night i was beat to the line and seen nothing done, just want to make sure if it has changed for this year.

bulldozer
07-17-2011, 08:10 PM
I can see beating by a bumper but a half a truck length is a no no i thought.

JH6868
07-17-2011, 09:29 PM
It depends on what night it is and who is on the front row.

MSK27
07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Roger,If your talking about the 99 he realized what he was doing and backed out of it.

Turbo
07-18-2011, 02:22 PM
yes, i seen him back it down, no biggie. I am just curious if that is ok to do, because i might happen to be in the 2nd spot on a start and if i beat the leader to that yellow line, i dont want to be penalized as long as i back it down. just trying to clear things up. Its happened in other races too so thats what made me curious if they were actualling enforcing that rule this year.

The Bullfather
07-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Coming to the Yellow line it looked like you were ready to go, it looked like Brian jumped after you pulled ahead, he may have been laying off the gas before the yellow line also. But when he saw the distance between you and him, he jumped. But like what was said, he tried to back off and let you catch up so he wouldn't get black flagged. You had the lead going into turn one. You can watch the highlight and see it.

Turbo
07-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Pete, just watched the video and looked worse than i thought it was. Layed back and got a nice little run up there and beat me to the line. As the leader I choose where i start, its when i hit the gas. So still curious if that yellow line means anything.

The Bullfather
07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I know what you mean but Brian did try to back down once he realized how much of a jump he got on you. That may be the reason they didn't take further action.

Turbo
07-21-2011, 07:23 PM
that was cool of him to back down though i do realize that, and i did see it when we reached the start finish line. But dont you think that could be dangerous for the rest of the field? He could have of been run over and turned in front of the whole field. Like i said in the first post, I was just curious of if it was still in existence because I might be in that same situation and want to know what I should do in that situation. Not gettin on Brian or the officials so dont take offense.