PDA

View Full Version : Remove all acknowledgement of cheating win at NHMS

Modtour4
07-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Could the Mods of this forum please remove any/all articles mentioning the illegal win at NHMS? It is really insulting to the loyal and honest participants on the NWMT to continue to read about the stolen victory every time we go to the main page.

I would also like to thank the people at NASCAR for taking the appropriate actions regarding this situation. I honestly thought they would only slap their hands but this is beyond what I thought they would dole out.

It could/should be a HUGE message to anyone else wanting to cheat in the NWMT series.

Congratulations to the #2 team. Well deserved.

Thanks

Russ

RGeeProductions
07-20-2011, 04:16 PM
So what you are saying that we should have denied everyone the ability to talk about this?
Talk CAN BE healthy and the right actions were taken by NASCAR.
No need to delete the talk leading up to the decision.

BChat
07-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Well said RGee.

Modtour4
07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
No Rich, I never said that anyone should have been denied anything. I don't know where in the world you got that from? What I said (or meant to say) was, remove all the crap about "4 IN A ROW FOR NEWMAN" off the front page. Rewrite a story that tells the story of how they cheated not only the Owners, Drivers, and Crews but also how they cheated each and every fan that paid to see the NWMT race.

There is a lot of talk with the other thread. No one trying to deny anyone from talking about it. And talking about anything is healthy but leaving how good someone is, how fast they were, how special to win this race was, on the front page is still a slap in the face to every person that supports and enjoys the modifieds.

I think I said I approved of the actions taken by NASCAR unless you read something else in what I wrote, like you did when you accuse me of trying to "deny everyone the ability to talk about this?"

By leaving the article or statement "CAR NO. 7 NASCAR WHELEN MODIFIED TOUR TEAM PENALIZED (with updated finish)" still allows anyone/everyone the ability to discuss.

Russ

redliner
07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
What is irksome is all the headlines, even on the NWMT Series page, that tout Newman and his win. If the infraction was as serious as the penalties suggest, why does the win still rate the big headline? The headline should be changed to reflect the subsequent penalties. Newman won't have my vote for most popular driver!

JWfor8x
07-21-2011, 12:52 AM
So what you are saying that we should have denied everyone the ability to talk about this?
Talk CAN BE healthy and the right actions were taken by NASCAR.
No need to delete the talk leading up to the decision.

I think that NASCAR got it right.
I am also very thankful that the Chrome horn is here to report what goes on. I see no need for any story, headlines or anything else to be deleted.
Oh yes, congratulations to the real winner at NHIS, Todd Szegedy!

JW

Gil
07-21-2011, 12:53 AM
Modtour4, are you also in favor of rewriting: the Bible, Huck Finn, history books in Germany, etc. What is written here is here and it should be left alone.

:-B

RGeeProductions
07-21-2011, 07:47 PM
No Rich, I never said that anyone should have been denied anything. I don't know where in the world you got that from? What I said (or meant to say) was, remove all the crap about "4 IN A ROW FOR NEWMAN" off the front page. Rewrite a story that tells the story of how they cheated not only the Owners, Drivers, and Crews but also how they cheated each and every fan that paid to see the NWMT race.

There is a lot of talk with the other thread. No one trying to deny anyone from talking about it. And talking about anything is healthy but leaving how good someone is, how fast they were, how special to win this race was, on the front page is still a slap in the face to every person that supports and enjoys the modifieds.

I think I said I approved of the actions taken by NASCAR unless you read something else in what I wrote, like you did when you accuse me of trying to "deny everyone the ability to talk about this?"

By leaving the article or statement "CAR NO. 7 NASCAR WHELEN MODIFIED TOUR TEAM PENALIZED (with updated finish)" still allows anyone/everyone the ability to discuss.

Russ

Sorry, but I read what you wrote loud and clear.
"Could the Mods of this forum please remove any/all articles mentioning the illegal win at NHMS?"
(mods in the forum do not run the website. I handle the content pretty much alone)
Maybe you should direct the above comment about "4 IN A ROW FOR NEWMAN" towards NASCAR's PR people, as we did not write that, they did!!!! AND it is not in the forum!
Also, I NEVER edit ANYONE'S PR's that are sent to the website!

Modtour4
07-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Sorry, but I read what you wrote loud and clear.
"Could the Mods of this forum please remove any/all articles mentioning the illegal win at NHMS?"

Guess I should have said, "Could the mods of this forum remove the article praising the 7NY team with an ill gotten win at NHMS".

(mods in the forum do not run the website. I handle the content pretty much alone)

Maybe you should direct the above comment about "4 IN A ROW FOR NEWMAN" towards NASCAR's PR people, as we did not write that, they did!!!! AND it is not in the forum!

That is the article I was referring to. I know you didn't write it!!!!!!! Guess they were also the ones to post it to the front page. You had nothing to do with that or is that the job you handle alone? Posting something written by someone else.

Also, I NEVER edit ANYONE'S PR's that are sent to the website!

And again, where did I ask anyone to edit anything? I asked that maybe the article be REMOVED due to the cheating! Why leave an article up praising the accomplishments of cheaters? The PR from NASCAR stating the were caught cheating is enough.

Modtour4
07-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Modtour4, are you also in favor of rewriting: the Bible, Huck Finn, history books in Germany, etc. What is written here is here and it should be left alone.

:-B

Gil,

I have a hard time trying to figure out what you are talking about! I NEVER asked anyone to rewrite anything! I asked that the article touting the accomplishment of cheaters be removed, that's all.

To answer your question tho: I see no reason to rewrite anything in the BIBLE, I see no reason to rewrite a work of fiction (unless you think Huck Finn is real) and I can't comment on the history books in Germany, I don't know what they say. Do you?

:-

BChat
07-22-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't think any MOD fan could ever be accused of being wishy-washy about his/her opinions about anything anytime. Passion is not lacking here...:applause:

RGeeProductions
07-22-2011, 10:02 AM
The NASCAR PR that I posted on the front page was written BEFORE the exact infraction was found by NASCAR.
I will continue to put up these and any other stories, from any source that we regularly use, as they are sent to me, as this is the news at the time.
I suggest if there are any issues with any content, on said stories, to please contact the person who wrote the story, which can be found at the bottom of every story I publish.
Enough has been said here.

Lugnuts
07-22-2011, 09:50 PM
What bothers me somewhat is that Kevin Manion has his car numbered, I believe, in honor of the late Tiger Tom Baldwin. To carry such a number as a tribute to someone who raced on the Mod tour for quite a few years, he , Kevin should be ashamed of himself. If he respected the man who was, what I believe, pretty well respected in the modified arena, he would have never even entertained the idea of cheating. JMO.

RGeeProductions
07-23-2011, 02:42 PM
What bothers me somewhat is that Kevin Manion has his car numbered, I believe, in honor of the late Tiger Tom Baldwin. To carry such a number as a tribute to someone who raced on the Mod tour for quite a few years, he , Kevin should be ashamed of himself. If he respected the man who was, what I believe, pretty well respected in the modified arena, he would have never even entertained the idea of cheating. JMO.

There is a possibility that Kevin didn't know... JMO

Modtour4
07-23-2011, 08:33 PM
There is a possibility that Kevin didn't know... JMO

Lets see.......

1) The car was illegal prior to them unloading.
2) Inspected prior to practice. (No engine run)
3) Inspected prior to qualifying (Engine run, sniffed but engine not allowed to warm up)
4) Inspected after qualifying (Fuel sample only, No engine run)
5) No morning practice (No engine run)
6) Inspected prior to race (Engine run, sniffed but engine not allowed to warm up)
7) Failed inspection after race (Engine run 100 laps)

Someone knew the engine was illegal. Someone knew the gaskets were illegal. Someone sealed the gaps with wax after practice! But it wasn't Manion. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

As you stated on a different post,
bigger jets.

Why would you run larger jets unless you knew the engine was sucking in more air?

JMO

RGeeProductions
07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Lets see.......

1) The car was illegal prior to them unloading.
2) Inspected prior to practice. (No engine run)
3) Inspected prior to qualifying (Engine run, sniffed but engine not allowed to warm up)
4) Inspected after qualifying (Fuel sample only, No engine run)
5) No morning practice (No engine run)
6) Inspected prior to race (Engine run, sniffed but engine not allowed to warm up)
7) Failed inspection after race (Engine run 100 laps)

Someone knew the engine was illegal. Someone knew the gaskets were illegal. Someone sealed the gaps with wax after practice! But it wasn't Manion. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

As you stated on a different post,

Why would you run larger jets unless you knew the engine was sucking in more air?

JMO

1. Write to Jason Cunningham about the story. (NASCAR Mod North PR man)
2. Larger jets was MY RESPONSE to someone's post. You bringing that up makes no sense with this.
3. Curtain closed. See #1.