PDA

View Full Version : Top 6 Tear Down!!!

CJfilms
07-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Yep...it's that time again!

The TOP SIX in each division (Small & Big Cars) MUST report to the speedway EARLY for this next event.

Each year, the top six are pulled aside before the 6th race of the season and are inspected PRE-race very thoroughly!!! We ask for these drivers to arrive early since they will be inspected and PARKED on the side-line of the track without access for changes to be made before the cars are raced.

They will be inspected very thoroughly for a variety of items which Rick, Tech Official, will choose either before hand or day of...Rick has the option of posting on here to allow drivers the chance to be ready to pull ...XYZ part... for inspection.

Drivers will not be DQ'd or prevented from racing if illegal parts are found IF they can correct the issue before they race... We will not be stripping points off of drivers, however if you are running an illegal part that has not been discovered yet...I'd suggest you replace it BEFORE this race. If you cannot fix an illegal part, you will not be awarded points for this race...or any other from this point forward until it is corrected.

The points standings will be online this evening...if you are in 6th or even tied for 6th, you need to be there!

Just so we're all clear, once these cars are inspected in the morning, they will be parked alongside of the track to prevent drivers from tinkering... After the race, IF the car has been cleared pre-race, the driver can load up without having to go through another technical inspection. Any driver who is not in the top six in points and finishes in a top paying position will still be inspected post-race.

Thank you all...see you there!

CJfilms
07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Before everyone floods Rick with questions....please wait until he posts up here what he will be looking at.

I can assure you all....vacuum will be checked...tire width will be measured...springs will be measured...

Rick will post up on here anything else that he wants you to be aware of...but he is able to leave off a few items that he wants to check without giving notice....

RICK16RACIN
07-27-2011, 10:36 PM
All i can say is i am gonna start at the left front wheel and work my way around the whole car !!! you will have to bring a jack and jack stands , and some assorted tools which i will ask you to get if i dont have it !!! 8 cylinder guys bring extra valve cover gaskets !!!! Carb gaskets too, if its not an oem part get it out or off before you come !!!! No excuses will be heard at all ! :cool:

Poppop
07-29-2011, 10:16 AM
:confused:Hey Joe, I know I'm tied for 6th place but I didn't switch car numbers with Phil.:lol:

Poppop

CJfilms
08-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Poppop....start numbering your car up then... LOL!, whops! I'll fix that....

Steve Wilson is tied with you means he needs to be there as well for the tear down.....

Hmm.....lucky 13 instead of 12....