PDA

View Full Version : newman was stripped $650.00 for winning the pole.

JEFF
07-27-2011, 06:23 PM
So why our you still giving 10 pts for newman winning the pole ?

RGeeProductions
07-27-2011, 11:56 PM
1. This is from the OFFICIAL finish sent to me from NASCAR. OFFICIAL.
RACE STATISTICS
Disqualified: Ryan Newman (#7) – post-race technical violation
Fastest Qualifier: Ryan Newman, Time: 29.586 Seconds, Speed: 128.737 mph
Time of Race: 0 hrs., 51 mins, 11 secs Average Speed: 123.087 mph Margin of Victory: 1.901 Seconds
Caution Flags: Laps 2-4 (Multi-car accident in Turn 1); 10-12 (Car #70 spin in Turn 4). 2 for 6 laps.
Lap Leaders: Ryan Newman 1-33, Todd Szegedy 34-36, Ryan Newman 37-47, Ron Silk 48-83, Ryan Newman 84-100.
Total Laps Led: Ryan Newman 61, Ron Silk 36, Todd Szegedy 3. 4 changes involving 3 drivers.

2. http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/6524

3. In the rules it says:
"I will update and post the current scoreboard only after NASCAR'S OFFICIAL FINISH is released."
The official finish sent to me clearly states #7ny disqualified from race but still clearly states #7ny with fastest time.

scott
07-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Will this topic ever end? Unforturnaly not.

JEFF
07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Well thats funny when i go to nascar home tracks on the whelen mod tour page it gives the race winners and pole winners. under the nh race it says pole none (penalty). he might have been the fastest but he was not awarded the pole. (penalty)

Howie
07-28-2011, 06:34 PM
So why our you still giving 10 pts for newman winning the pole ?

I don't play pick 5, but I don't understand why this is even a question. All the picks I've seen say "Pole # so&so", not "pole Award". Newman started on the pole, isn't that the answer to the question. The results don't show that he was even in the race, but tells the laps he lead. Newman started on the pole, looks like a ten point answer to me. This race had a little different ending than any others, but doesn't that sound like a reasonable solution? Who else would you "give" the pole to?

RGeeProductions
07-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Well thats funny when i go to nascar home tracks on the whelen mod tour page it gives the race winners and pole winners. under the nh race it says pole none (penalty). he might have been the fastest but he was not awarded the pole. (penalty)

Good point, even though the official finish still him still as fastest qualifier.
I'll talk with all involved and then post the decision.
I have much work Friday and Saturday (work & tour race), so give a bit here and be patient.

RGeeProductions
08-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Even though Ryan is still the 'Fastest Qualifier', our rules state the word 'POLE'.
The "POLE' was taken away from Ryan, so there was no 'POLE' winner for NHMS.
Those who picked the 7ny for 'POLE' will not receive any points, as will anyone else.
Points will be updated shortly and I will post that in the NHMS picks thread.
Sorry for the inconvenience.