PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Riverhead

JWfor8x
08-01-2011, 12:51 AM
First, congrtatulations to Justin Bonsignore on his first career WMT win. I felt sorry for Dave Brigatti. He started 18'th, was very fast and had run a great race, getting all the way to 5'th when after passing Ted Christopher on the back stretch, Ted tapped him going into turn 3 and he spun. I think it was just a racing accident, but it cost him a possible great finish. It cost Ted more though because he was caught up in the spin and it ended his day. I did not think it was a great race, but that sometimes happens at Riverhead. I was glad for a couple of things. First was I enjoyed seeing Bonsignore win as I felt he was the class of the field. Second, I liked the way the race was officiated. Last year, I thought the tour officials were horrible, but I thought they did a very good job this year. I don't remember ever seeing a red flag after only 2 laps before, but I think it was the right decision, for the fans at least. Finally, it was really cool seeing the stickers on the cars for the $300 donors. Jim Schaefer did a great thing for the racers.

JW

limodmaniac
08-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Justin took home over 10000 for his win!

Purse 2600
LIMM show money 300
LIMM victory lane 3100
lap money 2168
rookie of the year bonus 200 ( he gets 200 every race he enters this year)
1-21 in points bonus 200 ( every driver who was top 21 in points got 200 bonus from Nascar)
lighthouse mission 300
sunoco 300 (given each tour race to the winner)
whelen 500 (given each tour race to the winner)
featherlite most improved 650 ( improving most postions from the last race at loudon)

total 10,318

limodmaniac
08-01-2011, 09:27 AM
The $50,000+ payout

$22,727 purse-

RACING PURSE BREAKDOWN

1st - $2,600 8th - $1,000 15th - $600 22nd - $350 24th - $300

2nd - $1,900 9th - $975 16th - $575 23rd - $327 25th - $300

3rd - $1,600 10th - $950 17th - $525 26th - $300

4th - $1,400 11th - $925 18th - $500 27th - $300

5th - $1,300 12th - $800 19th - $475 28th - $300

6th - $1,200 13th - $700 20th - $425

7th - $1,050 14th - $650 21st - $400

8100 NASCAR BONUS MONEY BREAKDOWN

$4200- top 21 drivers get a $200 bonus

$600- Bobby Santos - champion bonus

$200- Justin Bonsignore- last years rookie of the year bonus

$750 -Coca-Cola Move of the Race- (Emerling got this)

$650 -Coors Light Pole- (Brode)

$650- Featherlite Most Improved Driver- (Bonsignore)

$550- Sunoco -300/150/100 to the 1st/5th and 10th place drivers

$500= Whelen Winner of the RAce(Bonsignore)

EXTRA MONEY BREAKDOWN ($19,308)

$500 - Lighthouse Mission 300/150/50 - top 3 drivers

$280 - Heat race lap money ( Flemke 250/Lia 30)

$2628- Feature race lap money (Bonsignore 2168,Brode 450, Brigati 10)

$700 - Mike Ewanitsko Hard Charger Award - (Pallai)

$500- Heat race winner (Lia)

$450 - 2nd place Ken Massa bonus (szegedy)

$350 - 3rd place Ken Massa bonus (Silk)

$200 - 8th place bonus, in honor of the 8x, the last non tour, riverhead regular to win the tour race (Emerling)

$200- 19th place Rober Bader bonus(Solomito)

$3100 -1st place bonus ( Bonsignore)

$9900- $300 to each of the 33 drivers

$100 - Extra bonus -Top Riverhead Regular Owner -( Bill Park)

$100- Extra bonus - Top LIMM driver ( Preece)

$200- Extra bonus - fast time ( Brode)

$100- Extra bonus - Top Rookie (Emerling)

WEEZER
08-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Why did'nt the tour race have a warm up session before the race started, usually don't they get 2 3 laps to warm up first, maybe this is why there was a red flag on the first lap???

Jaws
08-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Why did'nt the tour race have a warm up session before the race started, usually don't they get 2 3 laps to warm up first, maybe this is why there was a red flag on the first lap???

Tour races do not have warm up laps, never have.

bud
08-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Man I miss CJ......

TMAC
08-02-2011, 12:08 PM
First, congrtatulations to Justin Bonsignore on his first career WMT win. I felt sorry for Dave Brigatti. He started 18'th, was very fast and had run a great race, getting all the way to 5'th when after passing Ted Christopher on the back stretch, Ted tapped him going into turn 3 and he spun. I think it was just a racing accident, but it cost him a possible great finish. It cost Ted more though because he was caught up in the spin and it ended his day. I did not think it was a great race, but that sometimes happens at Riverhead. I was glad for a couple of things. First was I enjoyed seeing Bonsignore win as I felt he was the class of the field. Second, I liked the way the race was officiated. Last year, I thought the tour officials were horrible, but I thought they did a very good job this year. I don't remember ever seeing a red flag after only 2 laps before, but I think it was the right decision, for the fans at least. Finally, it was really cool seeing the stickers on the cars for the $300 donors. Jim Schaefer did a great thing for the racers.

JW

Have to ask i was sitting in turn forward,in the consi race did lia jump flemke on that restart.Hmmmm

SUfan
08-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Flemke thinks the tour officials don't like him and he wasn't afraid to talk about it in AARN this week.
You have to expect cautions at Riverhead because the racing is so close. If you saw what Brigati did to TC earlier that lap you know why there was contact in turn three. I thought, despite the cautions, that it was one of the most entertaining races of the year. The on-track feuds, and there were many of them, is something that has been lacking this season. It's just unfortunate that so much equipment was damaged in the process. And the extra money Jim raised made such a huge difference to the whole deal.

limodmaniac
08-02-2011, 07:01 PM
I was confused Saturday night , but upon review of the heat race on video even more confused.

1. Eric Goodale clearly passed Lia. They cross the line, and yellow comes out and Eric is put back to 3rd.

2. On restart, Lia nips Flemke at the starting line but Flemke hangs on to lead. Also, Brigati nips Eric at starting line after Eric restarted 3rd. Yellow comes out before lap is complete.

3. They get ready to restart but now Lia is on pole, and Goodale is starting 4th outside of Brigati.

None of this makes sense to me. How were they scoring this race?

JWfor8x
08-03-2011, 01:43 AM
I was confused Saturday night , but upon review of the heat race on video even more confused.

1. Eric Goodale clearly passed Lia. They cross the line, and yellow comes out and Eric is put back to 3rd.

2. On restart, Lia nips Flemke at the starting line but Flemke hangs on to lead. Also, Brigati nips Eric at starting line after Eric restarted 3rd. Yellow comes out before lap is complete.

3. They get ready to restart but now Lia is on pole, and Goodale is starting 4th outside of Brigati.

None of this makes sense to me. How were they scoring this race?

I have no answer for that Jim. All that I saw, without the benefit of any video, was on the final restart it seemed to me that Lia jumped the restart. I know that they use the painted line in turn 4 for the regular show's restart line. Do they use that as the restart point for the tour shows too?

TMAC
08-03-2011, 12:20 PM
I have no answer for that Jim. All that I saw, without the benefit of any video, was on the final restart it seemed to me that Lia jumped the restart. I know that they use the painted line in turn 4 for the regular show's restart line. Do they use that as the restart point for the tour shows too?

Right by exit gate goin onto track.To the right were 2 red lines on wall,i think that was there starting point.I thought race was not that bad,just glad they red flagged it,so they were not justing counting laps.Also brigati and tc incident,i thought that was pay back,from i believe tryin to run him up in turn 2 earlier.Also did it sound like TC's car was not running right,maybe ignition?Does anyone know....Now let me get on my soap box and say.RIVERHEAD RACEWAY IS THE! BEST 1/4 MILE BULLRING IN THE NORTHEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMAC
08-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Flemke thinks the tour officials don't like him and he wasn't afraid to talk about it in AARN this week.
You have to expect cautions at Riverhead because the racing is so close. If you saw what Brigati did to TC earlier that lap you know why there was contact in turn three. I thought, despite the cautions, that it was one of the most entertaining races of the year. The on-track feuds, and there were many of them, is something that has been lacking this season. It's just unfortunate that so much equipment was damaged in the process. And the extra money Jim raised made such a huge difference to the whole deal.

For years Eddie was a great spokesmen for the tour,overall nice guy plus been on the tour since it started and his DAD Good people for this sport.Can't argue with how he feels[at times] and he doesn't hide it good or bad

JWfor8x
08-03-2011, 05:29 PM

I saw Brigati run Christopher up the track. If the tap was not accidental, it was stupid. Christopher is running for points, Brigati is not. I can understand emotions coming into play and the desire for payback, but if that is what happenned, espescially on a fast, tight track like Riverhead, it cost the 36 a lot more than it cost the 90.

JWfor8x
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Right by exit gate goin onto track.To the right were 2 red lines on wall,i think that was there starting point.I thought race was not that bad,just glad they red flagged it,so they were not justing counting laps.Also brigati and tc incident,i thought that was pay back,from i believe tryin to run him up in turn 2 earlier.Also did it sound like TC's car was not running right,maybe ignition?Does anyone know....Now let me get on my soap box and say.RIVERHEAD RACEWAY IS THE! BEST 1/4 MILE BULLRING IN THE NORTHEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the answer about the starting point. I could not agree more with you about Riverhead Raceway. When that place is right, there's an outside groove and it can make for great racing. I have even seen the modifieds go three wide through turns three and four and somehow not wreck. I saw that twice! I didn't think that last Saturday's race at Riverhead was one of the best that I have seen there, but I did enjoy it. There was an outside groove and when there was green flag racing, it was good stuff.

limodmaniac
08-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Including the purse, Nascar bonus, our money, etc

1 51 $10,318
2 2 $3,000
3 6 $2,500
4 20 $1,900
5 52 $1,950
6 93 $1,700
7 99 $1,550
8 O7 $2,550
9 4 $2,075
10 39 $2,250
11 45 $1,425
12 90 $1,110
13 3 $1,200
14 10 $1,400
15 58 $1,100
16 46 $1,075
17 36 $1,025
18 64 $1,000
19 66 $975
20 18 $925
21 79 $900
22 16 $850
23 96 $1,927
24 98 $800
25 88 $800
26 15 $1,130
27 O9 $600
28 50 $600

DNQ 11 $300
DNQ 33 $300
DNQ 26 $300
DNQ 38 $300
DNQ 9 $300

Total $50,135

uticamike
08-03-2011, 10:56 PM
"RIVERHEAD RACEWAY IS THE! BEST 1/4 MILE BULLRING IN THE NORTHEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I wonder if the people in Lehighton, Pa would agree with that?

Jaws
08-04-2011, 08:49 AM
"RIVERHEAD RACEWAY IS THE! BEST 1/4 MILE BULLRING IN THE NORTHEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I wonder if the people in Lehighton, Pa would agree with that?

Thats the best 1/5 mile track in the northeast:)

limodmaniac
08-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I think of them as my children and I dont' want to compare.. I love them both, Riverhead's my oldest and Mahoning is my youngest ... sometimes I like one more than the other... lol

MJProcko
08-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I think of them as my children and I dont' want to compare.. I love them both, Riverhead's my oldest and Mahoning is my youngest ... sometimes I like one more than the other... lol

atleast your two favorite 1/4 and almost 1/4 mike tracks are still around.... I wish my two favorite 1/4 mile tracks were still around..... Plainville and Riverside.

MOD11RACER
08-04-2011, 11:13 PM
What a great night.

Riverhead - What can you say a Great Modified bull ring.

Great crowd. Sold out of food, water and beer.

Special Thanks to Jim the limodmaniac for making this night a night to remember.

Special Thanks to Christine Healy for her work on the lap money. Great Job.

Special Thanks to Ken Massa, Tommy Baldwin, Laticrete, SUfan, Mike Ewanitsko, and Chris B.

Special Thanks to all who sponsored a lap or laps for this event.

Special Thanks to all of the WMT Teams, Owners, Drivers and crew for supporting this event.

Special Thanks to the Riverhead regulars. Rogers, Shaun Solomito, Brode, Brigati, Steuer, Lia in the Anderson car and Preece in the Park car. Thanks to George Brunnhoelzl III for coming all the way up from North Carolina. If you guys didn't support this race it would not have been as exciting as it was for the fans.

One of the best heat races I have seen in years (either race hard or go home) with everyone having something to race for.

Congrats to Justin (The Real Deal) Bonsignore. You deserve it kid and keep on working hard. I can see many more wins coming your way.

I know I'm leaving someone out, but Thanks to all for a great time.

Riverhead is at the top of my list to watch a Modified race. I hope it lives forever.

How about 3 WMT races @ Riverhead in 2012. I know I'm dreaming, but think of the fun the fans would have.

Jaws
08-04-2011, 11:23 PM
How about making it 15 or 20 green flag laps next year. Counting laps in a heat race is just plain silly.

JWfor8x
08-05-2011, 01:21 AM
How about making it 15 or 20 green flag laps next year. Counting laps in a heat race is just plain silly.

While that would be good, NASCAR sometimes is the land of the silly, so I don't expect it to happen. I also don't expect them to do away with that stupid lucky dog nonsense either. Over the years, I have learned to lower my expectations with NASCAR...sigh...

Axel
08-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Just wanted to send out a big thanks to Jim Schaeffer, the LIMM for making this whole thing happen. Unfortunately, i could not go last week, but my friends who went said it was a great time with a high energy level.

Wish i coulda been there, but thanks again to Jim for making this happen. I'm with MOD11 racer -- let's have three at Riv-ah-head in '12.

zombo
08-07-2011, 04:20 AM
For years Eddie was a great spokesmen for the tour,overall nice guy plus been on the tour since it started and his DAD Good people for this sport.Can't argue with how he feels[at times] and he doesn't hide it good or bad
Flemke's a dirty driver. Always has been. I remember watching him at Flemington trying to dump Stefanik and eventually moving Stefanik out of the way and almost wrecking him. Never really liked Flemke's driving style. Now that he's getting near the end it seems people pretend he's clean. Next TC will be looked at with rose colored glasses too.

jaFor
08-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Flemke's a dirty driver. Always has been. I remember watching him at Flemington trying to dump Stefanik and eventually moving Stefanik out of the way and almost wrecking him. Never really liked Flemke's driving style. Now that he's getting near the end it seems people pretend he's clean. Next TC will be looked at with rose colored glasses too.

You hit the nail on the head!!!:applause:

TMAC
08-08-2011, 12:28 PM

Where did i write clean driver,wrote he was good for the sport.Reguarding TC one word TALENTED

The Bullfather
08-08-2011, 01:46 PM
There is always an outside groove, just need respect from each other! That's the key component! Great job Jim and crew! Hope you've been watching Bench Racing, we've been giving props for a few weeks now! Also had a special message in the awards about Lighthouse Mission and how it played a big part in my life and charity, been helping them for close to 20 years now.

Teds Race Tours
08-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Thats the best 1/5 mile track in the northeast:)

Actually slightly larger than a 1/6th of a mile on the bottom line (.170 miles), and .190 in the "groove"

WEEZER
08-11-2011, 09:39 PM
MVS is to round, it's gotta be Wall or Riverhead for me.