PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Newman

dually
08-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Race Pro Weekly reports that Newman has filed an entry for Bristol driving the Gary Putnam owned 7ny

Modtour4
08-03-2011, 06:50 PM
Ryan Newman was never suspended from racing in the NWMT, he was only disqualified from the race. The car was never suspended from being entered in any race. I expect Newman and the 7 at Bristol and New Hampshire. All they have to do is change the name of the owner and crew chief on the entry form.

Source: Jason Cunningham / NASCAR
Posted: July 16, 2011

Mike LaRochelle, crew chief of car No. 7, has been suspended from all NASCAR regional touring series events until Dec. 31, 2011.

Kevin Manion, owner of car No. 7, has been disqualified from the July 16 New Hampshire race, and has been suspended from all NASCAR regional touring series events until Dec. 31, 2011.

Ryan Newman, driver of car No. 7, has been disqualified from the July 16 New Hampshire race..

Russ

bud
08-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm sure they will be welcomed with open arms and mucho respect!!!!! I'm thinking NASCAR was trying to save that team collateral damage more than trying to punish them....lol

SteveS
08-04-2011, 12:02 PM
I wonder how much Gary Putnam "paid" Mannion for the car. I suppose Bono Mannion will "buy it back" after the suspension. What a scam. I don't think Newman knew the car was cheated up but probably figured it was deep in the gray area of the rule book. I would have liked to see him get into someones top notch extra car and compete on a level playing field. Looks like more stunk up shows to come.