PDA

View Full Version : 08/06/11 - Jason Myers Deals with Trouble; Brown Benefits at Bowman Gray

RGeeProductions
08-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Heated rivalries come into play to take Jason Myers out of the lead.

In a track as tight as Bowman Gray Stadium, victory is often due to circumstances out of your control.
Navigating the cluttered traffic will put anyone to the test, and sometimes rivalries flare up to change the landscape of a race.

Lee Jeffreys of Wallburg qualified on the pole for the GMAC Insurance Modified Series, with Jason Myers of Walnut Cove starting on the
outside front row. Myers jumped out into the lead when the two hit the gas. Jeffreys tried to reclaim the lead on a double-file restart but began
to fall back, allowing Tim Brown of Rural Hall to move up behind Myers’s bumper.

Jason’s brother, Burt Myers of Walnut Cove, was in third with Joseph “Bobo” Brown in fourth. As the top four competitors hammered each
other’s bumpers, a stiff shot from Joseph Brown forced Burt Myers off the pace. The #28 of Joseph Brown flew to the outside to claim third.

But he didn’t hold third place for long. Seconds later, Burt Myers rammed Joseph Brown as they entered turn one. Brown spun and Myers
reclaimed his position.

Joseph Brown then fell off the pace as he battled with tire problems. After pitting, he returned to the track. Many wondered if he would
take revenge on the Myers brothers, a rivalry that has been brewing for weeks.

The battle for the lead raged on as Tim Brown and Jason Myers duked it out for restart after restart. The two raced side-by-side as they
approached the slowing car of Joseph Brown. Jason Myers had nowhere to go and was forced to slow as he was blocked by Joseph Brown.

Tim Brown continued to power ahead on the outside row to claim the lead and go on to win. “I hate to see Jason lose one like that, but I
win any way I can,” said Brown. It was an emotional victory for Brown and crew after an exhausting week fixing damage to their car from a
previous event.

“The guys worked hard and I worked a lot of long, late hours,” said Brown, who also spent a great deal of time in hospice with his ailing
grandmother. “I went to work a lot this week on one or two hours of sleep - so to come out here and have a car that was that good after being
torn up last week, my hats off to my guys.”

Jason Myers finished second but was frustrated at not taking home the checkered flag. “The car was great tonight,” said Jason Myers. “These last
few weeks the car’s been really good - we just needed a chance to get up there and prove it. We did tonight - it really stinks that you’ve got
cars that can’t do any better than ride around the bottom.”

Joseph Brown said that he is fed up with the Myers brothers, who have had run-ins with him for weeks. “I tried to show respect over here all
year. But no one’s going to push me around or run over me. I don’t roll like that,” said Joseph Brown.
Burt Myers finished third, while rookie Danny Bohn of Huntersville claimed fourth. Damage from wrecks relegated Jonathan Brown to a 14th place
finish and Joseph “Bobo” Brown to a 16th place finish. Their luck seemed to turn around when the “Madhouse Scramble” sent Joseph Brown to the
pole for the start of the second race. But unfortunately, summer rainstorms moved in and led to the cancellation of the night’s second race.

In the Bandoleros Division races, Carson Fergusson of Charlotte and Walker Yates of Winston-Salem each claimed victory. In the Legends
Division races, Will Cunningham of Concord, Daniel Hemrick of Kannapolis, and Bruce Silver of Davidson each won.

Tonight is the Strutmasters.com 199 for the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour. There will also be racing for Sportsman, Street Stock,
and Stadium Stock Division. Ticket gates open at 6:00 for practice. The first race starts at 8:00. For more information, visit www.bowmangrayracing.com.

GMAC Insurance Modified Series
Strutmasters.com Modified 50 – 50 laps
FINISH CAR DRIVER HOMETOWN
1 83 Tim Brown Rural Hall, NC
2 4 Jason Myers Walnut Cove, NC
3 1 Burt Myers Walnut Cove, NC
4 59 Danny Bohn Huntersville, NC
5 66 Ronnie Clifton Walkertown, NC
6 13 Chris Fleming Mount Airy, NC
7 04 Kevin Powell Winston-Salem, NC
8 69 Junior Miller Danbury, NC
9 5 Randy Butner Pfafftown, NC