PDA

View Full Version : Wtf

DriveitinDeep
08-06-2011, 10:25 PM
The day started great, 15 cars showed up for a season high car count. Then the $hit hit the fan. The LM drivers who haven't done anything for 3 weeks suddenly forgot how to respect each other and drive a race car. You guys couldn't even let 2 laps go by without banging on each other and causing a pile up after pile up. What a great show for the fans...... not. Oh, lets not forget the hit on our wallets. Yes OUR wallets. What an embarrassment for a great divison.
I hope that we all have learned something tonight (but somehow I don't think so) for the next race in 2 weeks. Yeah, more down time we don't need to improved our driving ability,
Either get your $HIT together or stay home

McCormick15x
08-07-2011, 10:25 AM
last night was a joke im not going to say what i feel like saying on here bout a few drivers out there but the racing last night spoke for its self:mad:

thennett57
08-07-2011, 02:27 PM
hope the 50 lapper isn't gonna be like last night... :rolleyes:

racecar24
08-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Terrible race the only cars out there without damage were the 88 and 23

DJB74
08-07-2011, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNNaLeSVJiM

bulldozer
08-07-2011, 09:20 PM
The 08 gets under the 88 coming out of 4 and the 88 turns down on him all the way down the straight into turn 1 and puts him in the dirt. Thats not how you race but i guess thats why he only has 2 or 3 wins in a career. Just a shame thats how you race to try to win if a guy gets under you stay up and race him for the win. J rod the car is unbelivable fast. Even though that was a big hit on the points dont give up your car is to fast. Well get them in the 50 lapper. 81

rrealto
08-07-2011, 10:15 PM
wow, that was pretty rough after watching that video. 23 looked like the 23 from years ago.

greggforce01
08-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Terrible race the only cars out there without damage were the 88 and 23

That guy 88 drove everyone all over the track, he damaged everyone except himself, riding high, low, brake checking, plain horrible!

catfish
08-08-2011, 08:15 AM
He has been doing that for years now!

Turbo
08-08-2011, 09:21 AM
I understand if you are in the lead you can block for the position but when someone already is up to your door i dont think that means you can put him in the infield. After that it seems like the 88 decided to choose the low line and the 08 proceeded to take the challenge on the outside.. only to find the 88 then deciding to come to the high line half way down the straight. PICK A LANE! Thought this guy was a veteran out there, seems like its his first time driving not being able to hold his line. Its a shame too because that car is some fast :disgusted. 08 suffered some damage and is gonna need some financial help to stay in this championship hunt. Anyone willing to help would be a good thing, cause the 08 puts on a show out there and will race anyone CLEAN! Stay with it hayes, your not out of this thing yet

j-rod
08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Knowing how that jackass in the 88 drives, it was my fault for trying to actually race him. i got into him once, then backed out to let him correct it then got forced into the infield into 1 while i was under him, backed out again cause i didnt want to get the black flag for passing under the line. the next move i was going to the top down frontstretch where i met a brake check at the start finish line, that ended everything. I should have just dumped him or punted him like every1 else does, cause thats the only way by him no matter how much faster u are. once again, my mistake.

DriveitinDeep
08-08-2011, 07:00 PM
BTW Rog, he ain't the only one still in it. Just saying:wave:

An Observer
08-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Just watched the Video. f'n Pathetic.If I had a horse in that race...:mad:

An Observer
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Who is that 88 anyway? never heard of him?:disgusted

RacinRob
08-08-2011, 08:39 PM
IN 08 WE TRUST!!! keep plugging dude you can do it!

Fat Albert
08-10-2011, 12:48 PM
I don't watch many Late Model races and I'm not familiar with who drives what car, but I just watched the video.
And I don't know what you guys thought you saw, but the 88 won fair and square and did nothing wrong at all. The stuff going on behind him, though, was pathetic! The 08, the 17, the 23 & 68 were just horrible.

McCormick15x
08-10-2011, 03:41 PM
fat albert guess u watched the wrong race 88 is one of the roughest drivers out there he will put you in the wall or the dirt

maestri fan 1
08-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey I wasn't there this weekend so I checked a video to see what everyone is talking about. I have to say the 88 didn't do anything wrong judging from this video. I put the link here just to see what everyone else thinks but Shawn ran clean according to this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNNaLeSVJiM

j-rod
08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
i want whatever u guys r drinking^^^

RacinRob
08-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Thar break check the 88 did at the start finish line was about as clean as a skunks aasshole.

maestri fan 1
08-10-2011, 09:06 PM
I stand by my statement. Nothing at all against anyone out there. J-Rod is an amazing driver but he didn't get brake checked..... I watched the video about 5 or 6 times and every lap Patrick hit the brakes at the same spot. I wish you guys would all start running better races. I've always been a fan of the Late Models and would hate to see anything happen to them but guys, the way you ran this past Saturday it's giving you guys a bad name. Straighten yourselves out, start running some green to checker races. Good clean, hard racing will be rewarded.

Golf Guy
08-11-2011, 09:52 AM
I stand by my statement. Nothing at all against anyone out there. J-Rod is an amazing driver but he didn't get brake checked..... I watched the video about 5 or 6 times and every lap Patrick hit the brakes at the same spot. I wish you guys would all start running better races. I've always been a fan of the Late Models and would hate to see anything happen to them but guys, the way you ran this past Saturday it's giving you guys a bad name. Straighten yourselves out, start running some green to checker races. Good clean, hard racing will be rewarded.

Yeah the racetrack is going to eliminate a whole division because of 1 bad week- get a grip. Green to checker 'train' racing is fun for about a week. Short tracks are going to produce some tough weeks, man up and get back at it next time.

RacinRob
08-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah the racetrack is going to eliminate a whole division because of 1 bad week- get a grip. Green to checker 'train' racing is fun for about a week. Short tracks are going to produce some tough weeks, man up and get back at it next time.

Amen...well said.

Fat Albert
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM

Absolutely correct! There was no brake checking! The nose of the car didn't dive as it does when you stab the brake. Too many guys are over-driving their cars. But one bad week does not a bad division make. I'm sure their are much better races to come.

TTOR
08-11-2011, 02:32 PM
The video itself doesn't really show anything incriminating towards the 88, but I had the benefit of watching from turn 3 and the 88 was driving aggressively, as were several others. Not every incident involved the 88. It will be a shame if the some of these guys can't make it back this weekend. Nature of the race aside it was great to see so many cars start. The late models wont be going away anytime soon, especially with all the scorn the Figure-8's are attracting. Hopefully all the guys who got tore up on Saturday can get their stuff fixed and continue the up-ward trend the Late Models have been seeing recently.

WEEZER
08-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Did'nt Riverhead have another division that also did'nt race much, I think it was the Grand somethings, enduros maybe?? Have'nt seen them since june maybe????

RACENUT
08-12-2011, 12:24 AM
i watched the video and didnt see the 88 do anything wrong either other then while in the lead he was blocking the 08 which he has his right to do, all the accidents happened behind him. the 23 caused the biggest wreck. jmo.

AJ17x55
08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
When I can almost read writing on sidewall of LR (Pitbull video) going into 1, brakes were applied pretty damn hard AND a little earlier than prior laps...

maestri fan 1
08-13-2011, 01:12 AM
They will definately not eliminate them because of 1 race, however due to lack of car counts it's always a possibility. Just look at that race, they had a decent car count and couldn't keep it together. Now there is a chance of drivers who were out there that race not being back the next race. I forget who said it earlier in this thread but someone mentioned how they had 3 weeks off prior to this race. That sure is a recipe for mishaps. If the late models had more races I would think that the drivers wouldn't be so aggressive. I hope the late models get more shows, they are a division filled with talented drivers. What do you expect with 1 race in 3 weeks?

Wheel Racing
08-14-2011, 03:03 PM
I wasn't there nor have I watched the tape, but after watching the same car cause almost every caution in every LM feature whether it is over driving and pushing someone out of his way when he starts in top 3 and feels he is "owed" a win or whether he is blocking/chopping/wrecking every car that tries to pass him something has to be done.Although the 88 may be very fast, he is also very out of control.I know the car counts are an issue and allowing him to play the victim every time his bumper is touched or allowing him to push slower cars around and not penalize him, the rest of the division are at a huge disadvantage. It's impossible to RACE a guy that just never learned how to RACE. Let's be honest, nobody every WANTS to be passed but it is a part of racing and if you refuse to give people racing room then you will continiously lose more than just the one spot.I'm sure there is a part of him that feels that he is always "moved" on track, but if he learned to run a line then he wouldn't force everyone else to race him that way. I think the LM drivers should just chip in an repaint the 88 yellow so that every time he is on the track we can all expect another caution. He can be the "Mobile Caution Flag" and let give Smokey's arm a well deserved rest during the LM features.

DriveitinDeep
08-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Let's now give it and Shawn a break. Yes I started this thread and now I intend to try to end it. There were plenty of issues in that race, the least of them caused by the 88. The only issue that's really being discussed was that between the 88 and 08, and crap that like can happen when it s for the lead in any race. What about the rest of the race? How many times was the 7 turned around? How many cars were caught up in that?
How many times were guys cutting over someones nose? Seems like quite a few cars were missing quite a few front end parts by race end.
It's hopefully over and maybe something was learned by it. Again hopefully (there's that word again) that will be the last bad race the LM's will have this season. Hey, there have been quite a few lousy races in all divisions including the mighty mods. It's called $hit happens.
We have a 50 coming up on the 27th. Let's do less talking (me included) and get ready for good showing for a great division. It took a while to build the division back up. Don't blow it now.

modified_fan
08-14-2011, 08:17 PM
I thought the 50 is on the 27th?

leah28racing
08-15-2011, 09:40 AM
it really doesnt help either when divisions have 2 and 3 weeks off in between races.