PDA

View Full Version : 4 cyl vid???

killa54
08-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Does any1 have the video from last nights 4 cyl enduro??

don38
08-07-2011, 06:00 PM
http://youtu.be/ZccMhuUxwd0

TTOR
08-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Does any1 have the video from last nights 4 cyl enduro??

They explicitly told me I wasn't allowed to use my in-car camera during inspection. First time in 2 years they told me I couldn't use my camera.

deathwishracin1
08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
They explicitly told me I wasn't allowed to use my in-car camera during inspection. First time in 2 years they told me I couldn't use my camera.

Was it in during inspection? Just put it in after inspection. They seem to be picking on odd things sometimes, like Jay's trimmed bumpers on the Monte, or the third brake lights. I guess it just depends on their mood that night.

TTOR
08-08-2011, 09:25 PM
It was during prerace inspection, but I figured it wasn't worth the risk of them seeing it as I rolled out and causing an issue, no need to be on their bad side, especially since night footage doesn't come out that good anyway. I still don't know why they don't allow cameras.

A69pizzoo
08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
I was told something about copyrights. Cause it's a NASCAR weekly thing.

deathwishracin1
08-08-2011, 10:47 PM
Wouldn't surprise me but it doesn't make sense. As far as I remember enduros aren't NASCAR sanctioned events, and we all sign away rights to photos/videos of us when we enter the events anyway. I mean really, what's the difference between us using in-car cameras and fans taping from the stands?

A69pizzoo
08-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Not sure what the real deal is.

TTOR
08-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Its like what was said earlier, they pick random things to focus on each week. This week it was my camera. Last season I ran every single event with one side of my trunk's weld broken, they never said a word then in the last race they made get it re-welded at iron-man.

My guess is it's some archaic legal thing, whether for liability or copyright, that is still in the rules. Cameras weren't always some small and easy as they are now, they probably didn't want people driving around with brick sized cameras in their cars back when enduros started.

deathwishracin1
08-09-2011, 12:59 AM
I just wish they'd stop focusing on the stupid things like cameras and focus on more important things. I've seen several enduro cars pull off the track after the race that have hubcaps/centercaps still on the rims or half the chrome trim still on them.