PDA

View Full Version : Steve Fox Enjoys Best Career Effort at Pocono

LongIslandJam
08-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Long Pond, Pa (August 7, 2011)- Hard work and dedication finally came “Full Circle” today for Steve Fox and the Universe Racing team today at Pocono International Raceway in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Pennsylvania 125. With his best career finish of 16th in the series and also on the lead lap, Fox and the team finally achieved their goal of getting a top 20 run and they did it in style with a full field of cars on the “Tricky Triangle”.

Menards Pole Qualifying was held on Friday and Fox ran the 28th quickest time in the #50 Universe racing/FireHouse Dodge Charger. Mother Nature postponed the 125-mile event from Saturday to Sunday and the field took the green flag early in the morning, following the Camping World Truck Series event.

Fox remained patient throughout and stayed in the top 20 all day. Near mid race he cracked the top 15. Several yellows slowed the race, and Fox remained steady, clicking off his fastest laps of the event in the closing laps. He beat Pennsylvania rival and Daytona winner, Bobby Gerhart to the stripe, as well as Pocono’s recently named Chief Operating Officer, Nick Igdalsky.

Richard Childress racing driver, Ty Dillon, took the victory over his teammate, Tim George, Jr.

“Today was a great day for Universe Racing”, noted Fox. “It seemed like everything just fell our way today and I’m thrilled with a 16th place finish on the lead lap”.

Unlike past races, Fox had a volunteer pit crew and they definitely got the job done.

“Those guys (pit crew) were great today”. He continued, “Everyone worked hard and I especially have to thank Gary Sterner. He helped me for two nights a week over the last year to rebuild this car since we wrecked at Pocono”.

Along with his sponsors and everyone else who helped out Universe Racing, Fox noted that Dom Hurse and Kyle Martell really helped with getting the bodywork and setup complete. He also said that Gary Wentz from Wentz Auto Body provided excellent transportation for the team’s equipment.

Despite the rain on Saturday and terrific effort on Sunday, it couldn’t have been a better weekend for Universe Racing. Members from the team’s public relations agency headed to the Clearfield County Fair on Saturday to meet up with internationally known band, FireHouse. The members of the group autographed the hood from the car that Fox competed with last year and soon it will be auctioned off on eBay, where all of the proceeds will be donated to the Alex’s Lemonade Stand charity.

“I’m thrilled about the upcoming auction and can’t thank FireHouse and everyone else involved enough for supporting it”, said Fox. “I hope we can raise a ton of money from it for Alex’s Lemonade Stand.”

For more information on Steve Fox and all of his usual team supporters, including Universe Towing and Autobody, FireHouse, Valve Tech Sales LLC, Tri State Towing Equipment, Himmer Graphics, Weigand Combat Handguns, Alex’s Lemonade Stand, G-Force Racing Products, Keenan Auto Group, Road Scholar Transport, Long Island Skydiving, Wentz Auto Body & Sales and StockCar Racing Experience at Pocono Raceway, please visit www.universeracing.net

Sponsorship and marketing opportunities can be directed to Tyler Jett Motorsports Marketing at www.tylerjett.com.