PDA

View Full Version : 8-7-2011 Results

Erin C
08-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Results from today's race are up on mylaps!!

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=697089

Poppop
08-08-2011, 05:16 AM
:wave:The Mylaps numbers don't tell the whole story but give a pretty good picture. It looks like most every body that said they were going to be there showed up. Congratulations to the winners and especially the dirt regulars. Linsey is going to have to get rid of the wrecking ball and rookie status if this keeps up.:applause:

Poppop

ohdeere51
08-08-2011, 08:32 AM
First let me say this is not in any way a bashing of neets or the neets family. It is just my opinion. Neets should have made wall a points race then anyone in point would have come out to support the neets family. Neets started as a traveling series, but it looks to me that drivers dont want to travel. If we want neets to survive we all need to step up and show our support.

Erin C
08-08-2011, 08:52 AM
The promotor of the track is doing a great job right now getting interest from the fans. The #27 small car is a model car that he had built and showed off at the speedway and there was an overwhelming amount of interest in how to do this and where to find the rules. Their track welder is also offering his assistance in building roll cages for people who have a car...

We all knew the first one back was going to be a low car count because there are a number of different tracks in the middle of the points season, this was thrown together mid season, AND we have to show people all over again that this is something that is affordable and fun!

I also want to extend my appreciation out to the new promotor, Cliff, for inviting us to his track and working WITH us. He was all smiles after the race!!!

gswracing
08-08-2011, 09:28 AM
congrats, ken wallace on your 1st neets win. patients+100 laps on all 4=satisfaction. great job buddy and many more to come.:cheers:

Poppop
08-08-2011, 09:40 AM
:)Does that mean we have the next race as scheduled? If so, I'll be there with a #47. Not sure which one but I'll be there regardless cause both are legal except the two year old belts.:cheers:

Poppop

Danger83Ranger
08-08-2011, 05:54 PM
id still be racing if i had a vehicle and could afford to build one. anyone have a car they need a driver for? lol

CJfilms
08-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I like your attitude! I'd love to have made this a points race! However, being this was a mid-season change, I felt it would have been unfair to the drivers who would have either had to make a 4+ hour tow or had no intention of going asphalt racing...

I'm thinking forward to 2012 and the possibility of either a split series...one dirt, one asphalt...or one big ol' series....again, you the drivers would decide.........but not here.

Let's just keep the congrats rolling in for Kenny Wallace and Rob Longo......and of course the fearless Linsey Rummel!

richardpetey
08-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Speaking about points! Everybody has at least one bad race during the season..................................:mad:
Maybe, you should give all the drivers one "Mulligan", so they can throw that worst race outa the points battle....................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY..........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
That's an idea that has been passed around for a few years now....I'd say sure, but it's up to the drivers.....

Remember one mulligan advancing someone to the front of the points race will upset a LOT of people.....

We'd have to put a couple of races, such as the big 150-lappers, as mandatory points races....that way no one can gain an unfair edge aside from losing their own points voluntarily! LOL!

KennyWallace81
08-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Anybody have any pics or video from the Wall race??

NeetsSpectator
08-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Anybody have any pics or video from the Wall race??

I have lots of video.

Philter39
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
NO mulligans I remember the cry baby "cup" boys wanting one when Dale Jarrett got hurt. With only 8 races giving up one is too many. phil

richardpetey
08-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Welcome back Philter! I see you didn't fall into a geyser or get run over by a buffalo........................................:ro lleyes:
Linsey had to take care of business for ya while you were on your rocky mtn. high..............................;)
UNCLE PETEY....................................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Philter39
08-11-2011, 09:18 PM
This old dog learned a few things on this past trip. If you fall into a Geyser you will get arrested. Buffalos do not like motorcycles. And also never add water to a Corvair. Short track promotors are short sighted. I went to 5 race tracks that were scheduled to be racing and all 5 had no races. 2 in Kansas 1 in Indiana 1 in Wyoming and 1 in Nebraska.

phil

CJfilms
08-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Don't worry Phil....as far as I can see, we'll be racing August 28th!!! LOL!!!

richardpetey
08-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Whatcha do change the race to a Monday...........................:eek:
Better check your Timex its ticking too fast.....................:help:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
08-12-2011, 03:37 PM
hahaha...good thing I am the forum nazi and can edit posts...all fixed, thank's Petey!

KennyWallace81
10-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Is there anyone out there who has pics or videos of the small car race at Wall on August 7th. It's not that I have a big ego or anything, but when you only win one race every 20 or 30 years, it's nice to have a momento. Also, if anyone has any idea who took the pics in victory lane, that would be helpful. Joe didn't know, Wall hasn't responded to my e-mail, Ace Lane hasn't responded. I'm seriously considering photoshopping myself into one of Jeff Walls' pictures from when he drove the car. :-|

NeetsSpectator
10-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Is there anyone out there who has pics or videos of the small car race at Wall on August 7th. It's not that I have a big ego or anything, but when you only win one race every 20 or 30 years, it's nice to have a momento. Also, if anyone has any idea who took the pics in victory lane, that would be helpful. Joe didn't know, Wall hasn't responded to my e-mail, Ace Lane hasn't responded. I'm seriously considering photoshopping myself into one of Jeff Walls' pictures from when he drove the car. :-|

I have video from the 3rd & 4th turns.
I have in-car video too.
Photos can be extracted from the HD video.

richardpetey
10-18-2011, 07:59 PM

There is one picture of the #81 car in victory lane on the wall stadium site, click on photos and its in the 8/6/11 group..........................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

KennyWallace81
10-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Got it Petey. Thanks. I can't wait to get back to Wall. It's a great place to race. Now all I have to do is Photoshop in Cindy (Ms. NEETS).