PDA

View Full Version : While I'm a it

DriveitinDeep
08-08-2011, 08:04 AM
the Late Model Schedule is joke. off 3 weeks, race once, off another 2-3 weeks,
and on and on and on

bulldozer
08-08-2011, 03:52 PM
Write to barbra and Jim and ask them for another race im sure than can add one in there.They did it with the trucks. Besides Late models have 15 cars its a good field. You guys deserve another race in there. Get to writing Roger and all late model drivers.

Ka$h25
08-09-2011, 01:10 AM
I don't know, when the Late Models were taken off the schedule, you guys fought back and got another chance to show you belong. Lately it's back to the same crap. A few bad apples spoiling it for the bunch. If I didn't have a personal interest in the division, the LM feature would be prime time to run out to the parking lot for a beer or six, depending on how much carnage ensues.

Putting on a better show would help your argument a lot.

DriveitinDeep
08-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Yo Kash,
one bad showing doesn't ruin a good season. If that were the case there would be NO divisions running period.
Run in the parking lot??? You're pretty quick to throw the whole division
under the bus kid. If that's how you show a personal interest in the division, do us a favor and change your loyality to something or someone else!:mad:

Golf Guy
08-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah by Kash standards the Legends should be gone as they had many races go time limit last year. No more tour race as we had a yellow flag event this year. I remember a Fig-8 race a few weeks back that many cars were trashed, so they are gone. Let's just line em' up and train race so we don't have a stinker. Hate to use a bad saying, but "you have to have rain to have rainbows." These are very competitive guys on a 1/4 mile bull ring, there is going to be some nights when wrecks happen. Add in a kind of wacky, spaced out schedule and guys are probably getting impatient. I am sure when we are back in 2 weeks we will put on a good show.

Tommyj16
08-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Yeah by Kash standards the Legends should be gone as they had many races go time limit last year. No more tour race as we had a yellow flag event this year. I remember a Fig-8 race a few weeks back that many cars were trashed, so they are gone. Let's just line em' up and train race so we don't have a stinker. Hate to use a bad saying, but "you have to have rain to have rainbows." These are very competitive guys on a 1/4 mile bull ring, there is going to be some nights when wrecks happen. Add in a kind of wacky, spaced out schedule and guys are probably getting impatient. I am sure when we are back in 2 weeks we will put on a good show.

as for the fig-8's yes 1 bad apple almost ruined our div. we as a div got together w/ some guys and asked them to calm down and asked
others to and race since then we the fig-8 have improved our races and count as from what i am told this ys schedule is set next yrs
schedule is up in the air i suggest the latemodel guys have a meeting w/ each other and get things right or next yr schedule will be the
same we all hope to make every race awesome for the fans but every now and then we all have bad race we just have to make the next race that much better. i do i agree w/ most of your comment golf guy but from our fig-8 meetings at SAFER riverhead is not putting up w/ races like the race we had and i am sure they are not happy about last weeks late model race i just hope the next race is better. I am a big fan of
the late models and hope you guys can get you act together it would be a real shame you guys get count up and loose race do to quality
of racing

Ka$h25
08-15-2011, 12:57 AM
I didn't complain about cautions, I said the racing sucks. I'll gladly sit through some caution laps to see a good show. But it's frustrating when every caution is either the same guy wrecking someone else, or someone retaliating to something. And yeah the Figure8 division was in serious danger after their antics early in the season too. I think the two divisions are in the same boat. I know you guys take pride in your division and if the division was full of guys like Roger and Mike we wouldn't be having this conversation, so try not to take it too personal.

leah28racing
08-15-2011, 09:43 AM
yea rog before reading this i said the same thing in the other thread you started.... it def doesnt help divisions having 2 and 3 weeks off in between races.

DriveitinDeep
08-15-2011, 10:32 AM
yeah Leah, it's a big problem. Down down no matter how skilled you are hurt your performance. Also, without heat races there is no way to get up to speed without being thrown right into a main event. I feel for the newer guys who haven't raced a LM much. You can't hone your skills in practice! It can only be done in race conditions. You are then in a main event and required to be perfect. Ain't gonna happen

Jeff T
08-15-2011, 11:47 PM
If you give any division 3 weeks off at a time, they are more than likely going to drive like a$$holes. It doesn't matter which division it is. It just seems unfair that it seems like the same divisions are being set down for the 3 week vacations, they being the Late Models and the Figure 8's. I know when the Late Models got rained out earlier this year, that they were ONLY of the support divisions that was not given a make up date for that night. With two three week vacations in a row, the powers that be could have inserted a make up date in one of those breaks, but chose not too. Maybe if they had, situations like this may not have happened. Every division deserves to have a fair amount of races on their schedule. 10 races is not an great deal of races, especially when you start losing races to the weather, as was the case earlier this year. I remember years ago that there were less circus acts and more racing divisions on a weekly basis. I know that there were less divisions then, but even so, there was more opportunity to race. It wasn't just two 10 minute practices a 20 lap feature and your done as it is now. You had heat races, consi's, three practices, and almost weekly races. Seeing the not so happy responses to the "Special Shows", maybe the managerment should consider going back to the old format...
JMO

Ka$h25
08-16-2011, 10:12 AM
We all wish there could be meaningful heat races but two 6-car heat races would be pretty boring. You can't just replace heat races with more features because that brings more expenses in payoff.

DriveitinDeep
08-16-2011, 10:18 AM
With 20 plus Mods, 14-15 Chargers, 14-15 Lm's and so on, you can't have meaningful heat races non boring heat races???
If you want to eliminate boring try getting rid of some of the loser dog and pony shows and half hour intermissions when you don't have
enough racing to show the fans

RacinRob
08-16-2011, 10:22 AM
8 lap heat races....better you finish tge better you start. Handicap the heat race based out previous weeks feature finish(example you win last week start last in the heat this week) the legends do it and its fun to watch.

Ka$h25
08-16-2011, 10:34 AM
And when they start tearing up equipment in heat races we've got 10-car features.

It just doesn't seem practical. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try but nothing ever seems to be a fair trial. Give an inch, take a mile. It wasn't long ago the LM's were fighting to get ANY shows, now people are complaining that it's not enough.

DriveitinDeep
08-16-2011, 12:30 PM
yeah, that was true when we had 8-9 cars showing up. That isn't the case now is it? Not to pick on the Trucks (cause I like them and the show they put on) but to make an example and a point, they have 14 shows to the LM's 11. How many cars in the trucks feature lately, 10!
All I would like is equal time on the track period. With the exception of the Mod's, schedule each division fairly and equally as possible. The LM's ended last season with 20 cars showing up. Did we get more shows? Nope...one less then the year before.

Jeff T
08-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Well said, RJ. All we would like is equal opportunities to race.

Ka$h25
08-17-2011, 12:35 AM
You were much more involved with the internal discussions so I'll take your word for it but I thought the division was axed for just poor quality; and the low car count was only one of a few factors involved. The trucks put on a good show from front to back same can be said for the chargers. What's the difference between 10 and 15 cars really? A few back markers getting in the way? Heck, I'd watch 2 cars race so long as it was good racing. Car counts aren't too important to me.

DriveitinDeep
08-17-2011, 10:26 AM
that might be your choice, but a two car race or division won't put people in the stands, put money in the promoters pocket or let there be a racetrack in Riverhead or anywhere else.
Backmarkers are you put it are a part of all oval track racing in Cup as well. You don't start out as a front runner. It took me 7 seasons to win my first race as I was one of those "backmarkers". It is up to the faster cars to negotiate and to race with the slower cars, otherwise you have a time trial show result which doesn't always lead to good racing as you put it.
The LM's were never kicked out, but were threatened to if the car count wasn't improved. They gave us 8 races to get our $hit together which we did. The cars counts improved and the race dates increased.
This year for some reason the powers at be gave us one less date. My beef isn't so much the amount of races as it is the way they are scheduled. This 2-3 weeks off at a time sucks and doesn't help the quality of the racing either. Instead of front loading the schedule in the early part of the season, spread it out so everyone has a more consistent race schedule.
I know its not going to happen, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or keep trying to change it

MSK27
08-17-2011, 12:58 PM
The Grands got a two month vacation and it sucks to have to wait that long.Two weeks on and a week off or three on and one off for all divisions would be better.After all everyone could use a break.

Ka$h25
08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
There scheduling has never made much sense. Aside from making sure none of the big Modified races conflict with tour dates, it pretty much seems like they throw darts at a board to determine the rest. I'm pretty good with efficiency analysis maybe I should volunteer to help with next seasons schedule. :lol:

j-rod
08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
hey kash,, while your at it, schedule in double points again for the lm's. i still dont know why guys didnt want to race with a little extra on the line? --- theres my complaint---

DriveitinDeep
08-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Jrod, I didn't agree with you then, but I do now. Should have left it alone