PDA

View Full Version : Money

Easy E
08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
On the asplalt page was said that neets is a traveling series, and that you should make your other races you hold points races that you run? Does anybody think people can afford to put out 300+ dollars to go race somewhere there not in competition for points? It would different if neets put out show up money, but thats not gonna happen either. As far as this tear down thing, do it, but nobody should have said anything, after race, tear down. You'll have guys taking things off,and putting it back on later, that is a fact not opinion. And as far as Timmy Pauch he got more then what you think, thats a fact as well.

ThePill
08-09-2011, 05:13 PM
What does Timmy have?

Easy E
08-09-2011, 05:43 PM
What does Timmy have?

Are you a close friend? If so, ask him, you might get , it's completely stock which is not true. Not putting Timmy on the spot, because I like him and, He is the guy to beat and he does pace himself. He's been around a long time, he's no slouch. He's got alot of people fouled. And thats good for him, theres alot of guys out there that try the same road, but get caught. It's good to know people!!

Philter39
08-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Yep Tims got them fouled . I guess he plays baseball and is waiting for that good pitch. Phil

Note my name is always attached to what I write. Levering if you need any clarity.

Easy E
08-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Sorry Phil, my name is Chuck Eckert I have no problem being called out,OK!! Hope this makes you happy,Buddy. Sorry for the foul up, didn't mean to piss you off. But, I think people know what I'm saying, theres alot of good cars out there. And maybe he is waiting for a good pitch, Don't follow baseball.

ThePill
08-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Never spoke to the man, although it probably wouldn't hurt to pick his brain. I was just curious if you would share. Save me the leg work.

richardpetey
08-09-2011, 08:15 PM
I've raced with, against, next to, and most of the time playing second fiddle to Tim Pauch on dirt for a long time.......................:rolleyes:
I was always surprised with the little improvements that showed up on his car after every race...................;)
If he gotta flat, he would show up next race with grease on the sidewalls.............................:help:
He used a Dodge Charger at Nazareth and Flemington (front torsion bars and rear leaf springs) because he could adjust wedge, camber, etc., which made him tough to beat on dirt..................................:drool:
If he had a problem on the track one race he would make corrections/adjustments so next race he didn't have worry about that particular problem again............................:applause:
He's a quiet introverted guy so not many drivers can pierce his loner mystique but if you force the conversation he'll talk to ya...............................:cool:
But, no matter what physical enduro secrets he shares with ya, he'll never be able to give you all the "sperience" he's got in the saddle...........................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
08-09-2011, 09:47 PM
That's a mouthful Petey! LOL!

But he's right....Timmy has a lot of tricks up his sleeve that have nothing to do with cheating or pushing grey areas....car choice makes a big difference when it comes to setting up your car.

I know I hear this a lot, "If it is stock it shouldn't have to be set up", but honestly, everyone has a little trick they believe is going to help them out.....tire pressures, greasing tires to prevent them from shredding, adjusting the stock adjustable parts... No matter what kind of car you have, I know everyone has a method....

Like I said previously, Timmy has a LOT of experience from a lot of tracks....he knows how to set that car up from notes alone!

As far as NEETS being a traveling series...the term "circus" is usually thrown into that mix....involuntarily.....

NEETS stands for North East Enduro TOUR Series....and in my opinion, we do tour...we've raced tracks all over PA, NJ, NY and even CT....we've just found a place to rest for a while now at Grandview and just because we may expand to Wall in NJ doesn't mean automatically every driver must travel....it would be nice to see more NEETS regulars other than Uncle Petey, Howie Bott and Ned Coolbaugh out there at Wall with the rest of the few enduros that did make it...Mike Parisi and Bill Stockert...but, let's work on that. No one is being forced to race there, however the amount of emails from drivers showing interest in racing there is high....only the turn-outs are low......

In 2012 will NEETS run Grandview AND Wall as one series? Probably not...most likely if we do run at Wall, it will be a separate points series altogether....with gas prices these days and the economy in the shape it is in....I know how hard it would be for people to make the trip from hundreds of miles away on a regular basis....

rustyboltz6
08-10-2011, 12:53 AM
Take it easy there, Easy E!!! Just get those brakes fixed and put in that extra heavy duty radiator in for the next race.!!! It'll be OK. You can always just follow Timmy around to the checkered flag, if you can keep up??? :cool: Oh yeah, put all the bolts in the rear end too so we don't have to change all those tires!!

Easy E
08-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey bolt, you just worry about putting a engine together that lasts,LOL!! I'll do what I have to do to get better finishes, buddy.

drdestruction
08-10-2011, 04:04 PM
No N.E.E.T.S. races where ever run in CT. ........ unfortunately
Dr. D

rk1714
08-10-2011, 04:52 PM
I sense a bit of jealousy. Cant you just congratulate him and try to beat him the next race? There is a reason he is up front every race........ He`s good and has a good car. By the way where were you going 20 or more laps down slamming into the 17K and putting the blame on the kid? YOU RAN INTO HIM, HE DIDNT RUN INTO YOU !!!! Russ Killian

Easy E
08-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I sense a bit of jealousy. Cant you just congratulate him and try to beat him the next race? There is a reason he is up front every race........ He`s good and has a good car. By the way where were you going 20 or more laps down slamming into the 17K and putting the blame on the kid? YOU RAN INTO HIM, HE DIDNT RUN INTO YOU !!!! Russ Killian

Well, I'll put it in plain words, when the track gets fast, you need to go fast. Not trying to start problems, but, it is what it is. Secondly the whole thread started from the long distance drive to race and tear down thread, but don't have to worry about that know do ya. Thirdly, I like timmy, he's a smart cookie, and like I said before he's been around a long time and knows people, which is good. And I like trying to beat him, 1st full racing season for me, never done this, couple races here, couple there. First full season, I think I'm doing alright, How are you doing in your first 8 cylinder season, in enduros?????? Thats what I thought, As far as your kid, your right, It was my fault, trying to make up laps, I'm trying to run for points,know what I mean, probably not.And the Next time you think someone to your kids window, make sure that person really went to your kids window, because I DIDN'T!! Lastly mind your own.

Danger83Ranger
08-10-2011, 10:41 PM
lol you guys are so silly! :)

rk1714
08-11-2011, 05:12 AM
Well, I'll put it in plain words, when the track gets fast, you need to go fast. Not trying to start problems, but, it is what it is. Secondly the whole thread started from the long distance drive to race and tear down thread, but don't have to worry about that know do ya. Thirdly, I like timmy, he's a smart cookie, and like I said before he's been around a long time and knows people, which is good. And I like trying to beat him, 1st full racing season for me, never done this, couple races here, couple there. First full season, I think I'm doing alright, How are you doing in your first 8 cylinder season, in enduros?????? Thats what I thought, As far as your kid, your right, It was my fault, trying to make up laps, I'm trying to run for points,know what I mean, probably not.And the Next time you think someone to your kids window, make sure that person really went to your kids window, because I DIDN'T!! Lastly mind your own.

Chuck, your a legend in your own mind !Im sure we`ll have a talk, in person.

RookieRummel
08-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Hey Rookie Easy E -

How about you just go out there and race your race and measure your accomplishments on how much your game has improved from the last race. Compare yourself to yourself.

Dont go pickin apart others, especially guys that have been racing for decades (I recall this is your first full season) Show a little respect.

The pride you gain from running and winning in a car that you know is legal will far surpass the pride from someone else in a car that has illegal components.

Linsey Rummel

Easy E
08-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Alright I'm about done with this whole thing, Rummel as far as respect, I have alot for everyone,period. As far as cutting someone down, I did not, just stated facts because that person asked for it. And as far as being a legend in my own mind.... I do alright with what I got, and it ain't much.

Easy E
08-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Chuck, your a legend in your own mind !Im sure we`ll have a talk, in person.

Not at the track we won't, to much to lose for me.

Easy E
08-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey Rookie Easy E -

How about you just go out there and race your race and measure your accomplishments on how much your game has improved from the last race. Compare yourself to yourself.

Dont go pickin apart others, especially guys that have been racing for decades (I recall this is your first full season) Show a little respect.

The pride you gain from running and winning in a car that you know is legal will far surpass the pride from someone else in a car that has illegal components.

Linsey Rummel

who has been racing for decades?? Tim?? I didn't say anything to cut him down. So... ?? Don't quite know what your getting at.

Erin C
08-11-2011, 03:16 PM
On the asplalt page was said that neets is a traveling series, and that you should make your other races you hold points races that you run? Does anybody think people can afford to put out 300+ dollars to go race somewhere there not in competition for points? It would different if neets put out show up money, but thats not gonna happen either.

This is exactly why we did not make it a points race...economy is tough, money is tight...as well as this was a mid season addition...there's a possibility of points races next year as a separate "asphalt" series...

As far as this tear down thing, do it, but nobody should have said anything, after race, tear down. You'll have guys taking things off,and putting it back on later, that is a fact not opinion.

I agree with this as well...Rick isn't warning what he is checking, he is just checking. Every year we do a full check at this race and the last one, people have come to expect it...I agree that a reminder shouldn't have been given but we need people at the track EARLY to get it done and get it done right...even though I dont think it should have been done, it needed to be done.

Finally, it seems that this thread has gotten WAY off the original topic...don't forget, we are typing on computers here...the way things are meant to be written and how they are taken on the other side of the screen are not always the same...you can mean to make an innocent comment or observation and have it be viewed as a bashing comment when it was not meant to be that way. Any more on this subject can be done through PM's...not the forum...its use is for discussions/opinions/information not bickering.

Thanks!