PDA

View Full Version : Blunderbust Feature

Ka$h25
08-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Would love to hear some opinions on the finish of that race. I know I'm biased but it was pretty absurd. Theres no way a veteran can even attempt to claim that wasn't an intentional maneuver. Those kinda things do happen but the video shows he clearly made a hard left turn and accelerated. If he gets off that gas at any point Bader could have gotten on to the track.

We're just lucky there weren't any officials or track crew standing close to the truck. I guess we didn't learn anything from last season.

Ka$h25
08-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Here's the video by the way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9LXYK3FwNM&feature=player_embedded

You can fast forward to the 5:15 mark to see the incident. The logic seems pretty simple. He had one of two intentions; pulling off the track and parking or; running on the apron. The latter seems to be eliminated by the hard left he made, so we can assume he was parking. Then as Bader reaches his door he starts accelerating to trap the 19.

j-rod
08-15-2011, 06:16 AM
wow,, that is as unsportsmanlike as it gets. seems like lately drivers dont like getting passed. and they can do whatever they like before, during, or after to show their displeasure, with no consequences. :mad:

wayne
08-15-2011, 08:56 AM
He had a flat or broke something 2 laps earlier, You think he would have gotten off the track then!! but no, lets stay out and cause wrecks!!

Spectator
08-15-2011, 08:57 AM
[I can't believe my eyes. That was the act of a desperate man who simply was out raced and bitter. Yes the 19 was bumping a lot but what went on in the infield could've gotten somebody killed. When will it stop? We need the officials to make an example some how.

wayne
08-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Bumping is Blunderbust racing, Rob showed alot of patience in that race, Others would have sent the 22 to the infield! For the guy's that have been in front of the 22 before, they know he has nooooo problem using his front bumper! So I cant see how he was mad at Bader!

greggforce01
08-15-2011, 01:21 PM
I couldn't believe what happened here saturday. 19 raced 22 pretty clean from what I see in the video and what the 22 did is unreal. Was he punshed for this in any way?

Turbo
08-15-2011, 03:08 PM
great job by scott in the 22... where was he going? this is not an enduro is it? just makes me wonder what goes through the officials minds at a time like that? :rolleyes::rolleyes: just plain horrible

rocketman
08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Wow....how obvious was that #22 waiting in the wings and then accelerate as the #19 came along and pushed him into the infield. How sad is that to think that someone could of gotten killed....(as you can see in the video a gentleman running when the 2 cars was coming towards him). Hopefully there will be some justice done!! Such poor sportsmenship on the #22 driver!

Spectator
08-15-2011, 07:37 PM
if the stewards don't do anything to the 22, it will show they have no regards to drivers safety and will make people hesitant to come back.:disgusted

BigRed99
08-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Check out the two different angles on Pitstoppitbull.com

Something needs to be done about that!:mad:

leah28racing
08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
in racing there is a little bumping. Scott wasnt turned, Moved out of the way or even sideways. not like Scott to do what he did, but he was def wrong for it :disgusted. At least noone got hurt...but a penalty is well deserved for that move.

TTOR
08-16-2011, 11:21 AM
I wasn't there so I only have the videos to go by, looked like the 19 bumped the 22 out of the way on the restart (nothing new there just normal Blunderbust style racing) So I'm guessing Scott took exception to that which is why he did what he did assuming it was intentional which by all indications it was. Scott not a driver I would normally expect to pull a stunt like that. Why was he sideway in turn 4 in the first place? Either way the #22should have been penalized for rough driving and knocked down a few positions. Luckily Bader got it slowed down in time before he hit the truck.

Ka$h25
08-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I think it struck everyone by surprise and that's probably why nothing was done right away. It happened so fast and was so out of character that no one saw it as intentional. Now we know otherwise and it'll be interesting to see if anything is done.

TTOR
08-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I think it struck everyone by surprise and that's probably why nothing was done right away. It happened so fast and was so out of character that no one saw it as intentional. Now we know otherwise and it'll be interesting to see if anything is done.

when I first saw it on the youtube video I swear it looked accidental, like he just didn't know he was there. Afterall the incident took place over only a few seconds and all of us who have raced here know how fast crap like that can happen. But seeing the other angles and the earlier contact led me to believe otherwise. I'll be surprised if the official(s) do anything, if they weren't paying attention then they're not going to be paying attention now, its probably already out of their mind.

rabbid1
08-16-2011, 09:15 PM
thats why theres only 20 cars

WEEZER
08-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I see at Bethel Speedway the drivers are appreciated by the track and the car counts are growing. Makes you wonder.

Turbo
08-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Pitbulls video has the 21 and i think it was cheesebox? going at it under caution coming out of turn 4. Just imagine a whole field of cars doing that in the future because they cant rely on the officials to make the correct calls so they might as well get their anger out and moneys worth. This stuff all could be eliminated. maybe one day....:drool:

dynamite
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
unless your last name is a turbush, when we are out there at least 3 officals esp maggio is glued to our car, he even knows when we spit out of the window, he could care less about anybody else and bf please tell owners that i said he is the worst choice ever, no clue of what racing is all about, just going on who he likes and who he doesnt like, bring back bill dennison, -- dan turbush

RPMcGrellis414
08-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I couldnt believe what the 22 did i wasnt there but the vid shows it all blocking a clearly faster car than you is one thing but that took it a little too far...as far as the officials go and making calls and not making calls, I honestly think there afraid to make them no matter what situation or what happens at least one person is going to have a problem with any call they make none of the drivers think there wrong...EVER...Dont matter what your last name is they make calls people b!tch they dont people b!tch....the last thing RR needs is to lose more cars...Im not saying they shouldnt make calls Im just saying when they do everyone should accept them and move on...JMO...

On the gas
08-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Now your on to something !!!!

WEEZER
08-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Did the 19 beat the sh&t out of the 22 afterwards in the pits or what, just wondering??????

wayne
08-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Its pretty tough to beat up a guy with Velcro shoe laces!!Lmao

TTOR
08-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I couldnt believe what the 22 did i wasnt there but the vid shows it all blocking a clearly faster car than you is one thing but that took it a little too far...as far as the officials go and making calls and not making calls, I honestly think there afraid to make them no matter what situation or what happens at least one person is going to have a problem with any call they make none of the drivers think there wrong...EVER...Dont matter what your last name is they make calls people b!tch they dont people b!tch....the last thing RR needs is to lose more cars...Im not saying they shouldnt make calls Im just saying when they do everyone should accept them and move on...JMO...

All people are asking for is consistent calls. Sure there are times when drivers exaggerate just how bias the officials are but many time the officials really are making one sided calls. If you're going to call out one guy, you have to call out every one else who commits the same offense. Thats all we want.