PDA

View Full Version : 36

limodmaniac
08-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Rumors have been going around but if this is true, it would be horrible news. Bristol won't be the same without Teddy and the 36.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Myracenews/118761521534046

oleblue
08-15-2011, 06:40 PM
no rumor there, 36 has shut it doors, very sad day. the tour needs tc. we can not afford to lose any more cars

Mod Squad
08-15-2011, 06:53 PM
This is bad news, love him or hate him TC put on a show and made races fun to watch. Someone to root for or root against. Finding another car to get in, in the middle of the season will be tough. Best of luck to Teddy in the future.

csg
08-15-2011, 06:54 PM
A shame love him or hate him TC puts people in the seats. Hopefully, TC can find another ride for the remainder of the season. 4th in the points, a win a few races ago interesting to end before the end of the season.

RacnJason00
08-15-2011, 07:11 PM
This is bad news for the tour, but I believe you will see him at Bristol with someone..

worm
08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
they will kiss and make up by the end of week

MJProcko
08-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Hello, Mr. Brady...... busy next week????

actually what happened to all the mystique cars he bought, is there one to be dusted off?

Magicshoes12
08-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Kinda funny, first he's out of the 00 in the Sunoco Modifieds and now out of the 36 in the Whelen Modifieds, don't get me wrong, Teddy is an awesome shoe, but maybe an attitude change is needed?? The tour definitely needs him there. With Matty H not running so well in the 3 could you see Teddy move to Ole' Blue in 2012?? Now that would be interesting!! We'll see him at Bristol in something for sure!

Axel
08-16-2011, 09:06 AM
I rememeber the whole legal thing with the 13 car happened about 5 years ago, TC changed rides, went to Jennerstown in the 36 with like 2 days notice with the team or something, pulled one of the crazy-azzest moves i ever seen on lap 149 or a 150 lap race (passes Flemke and Hirschman?) and goes on to win --- fun nite that was.

Yes, that was all one run-on sentence. TC will be back i think.

I love pork roll!

bud
08-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Shoes. Bit of a difference between out of and shut down.....

bud
08-16-2011, 01:00 PM
Time to put TC in the 6 car! Come on ed make the move!

RacnJason00
08-16-2011, 01:42 PM

I would like to see him in the 4 or a teammate to Bobby.

Rabbit504
08-16-2011, 02:00 PM

So now we're gonna dump the point leader for Teddy?

Insane!!!

RacnJason00
08-16-2011, 02:12 PM
TC would be a great fit in Andy Peetre's mod for the rest of the 2011 season

bud
08-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Point leader for now....lol. ed could still win the owners points and not be in 5 accidents in one race like happened at louden. BTW no one touched him coming out of 2....

TMAC
08-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I am guessing that Mr Brady might be fixing to get that 00 mod to bristol,thought the same about TC maybe becoming a team mate to the 6 mod[That is some team]Whatever the case,i am thinking some people are gonna be changing rides,cause of the TALENT available.I would really like to know what happened with the 36 team,hopeing maybe they get there act together and get back in the racing game. Now lets kick up some dust....The amount of racing TC's does,how about HILLBILLY RACING picking him up and createing havoc racing NORTH and SOUTH........

BigMac
08-17-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm glad this happened. This has been the most boring racing season in memory. I hope we see multiple driver changes over the next few weeks and months. Lets change things up and get people's blood pumping. Its been like watching paint dry this year with the exception of a few laps at Thompson and NHMS.

CTtoPA
08-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm glad this happened. This has been the most boring racing season in memory. I hope we see multiple driver changes over the next few weeks and months. Lets change things up and get people's blood pumping. Its been like watching paint dry this year with the exception of a few laps at Thompson and NHMS.

Welcome to asphalt racing.

BOWATCHER
08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Bring fluffy back !!!brad is way too much expensive!!!!!

WEEZER
08-19-2011, 10:57 PM
J. J. Grasso just got dumped from his ride while LEADING the points in the 410 dirt sprints so WTF, let TC have his ride and JJ have a black top mod????
BTW I too love pork roll but prefer open face grilled cheese sandwiches!!!! Just sayin!!

Jaws
08-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Bring fluffy back !!!brad is way too much expensive!!!!!

I almost forgot about Fluffy.

I vote to have the 36 car at Riverhead for the 61 lapper and let someone with a birthday that day drive it! That would be a great present!

Now who has a birthday on the 27th?. hmmmmm.

bud
08-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I think ed decided not winning or expecting to win everytime out will be more fun.....less pressure. Teddy has always craved the checkers and is tough to get along with sometimes even after winning ie car coulda been better....lol. That's why he wins so much and I hope he never settles for less!

Rich Mergl
08-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I almost forgot about Fluffy.

I vote to have the 36 car at Riverhead for the 61 lapper and let someone with a birthday that day drive it! That would be a great present!

Now who has a birthday on the 27th?. hmmmmm.

I`m hoping Mike Ewanitsko ( Don`t know his birthday) But the last time I saw him in Riverhead at the tour race his arm was in a sling.

BigMac
08-20-2011, 02:30 PM
As long as he still has one arm to work with he should be in the conversation.

uticamike
08-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Welcome to asphalt racing.

Welcome to NASCAR you mean. The VMRS has had 11 different winners in the last 13 races. 3 of the last 4 have been first time winners.

A number of current and former Tour guys compete in this series and like it. The WMT isn't the only game in town.

catfish
08-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Nascar is not the only tour with issues Mike. The VMRS may have had 11 winners in 13 shows but they have had short fields all year as well. I am not sticking up for Nascar but the problem is truely deeper than one organization.

Magicshoes12
08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Nascar is not the only tour with issues Mike. The VMRS may have had 11 winners in 13 shows but they have had short fields all year as well. I am not sticking up for Nascar but the problem is truely deeper than one organization.

Correct its called the economy, people are tight on money plane and simple, this isn't the good ole days when gas was $1.30 or cheaper it's $3.66 up my way and more expensive in CT and the other souther New England states, its just not the modified tours that are hurting its all of racing in NASCAR, look at the stands that will tell ya!

Back to the main subject on hand!! Any more word on the 36 or TC???? Anything happening?

bud
08-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Think the 36 team should look at Jon McKennedy. Good kid. Good with knowing what his car needs. Very good driver....clean clean clean! Is definitely still be a 36 fan!

art11758
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I rememeber the whole legal thing with the 13 car happened about 5 years ago, TC changed rides, went to Jennerstown in the 36 with like 2 days notice with the team or something, pulled one of the crazy-azzest moves i ever seen on lap 149 or a 150 lap race (passes Flemke and Hirschman?) and goes on to win --- fun nite that was.

Yes, that was all one run-on sentence. TC will be back i think.

I love pork roll!

I was there for that! The pass was "in the marbles" (Howie was shooting there and got the picture) and it stuck. Absolutely a m a z i n g. TC will find a ride, if not in the 00, somewhere. Sorry to hear Ed W is closing up though......

TMAC
08-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Jj races with urc,there 360's

uticamike
08-22-2011, 06:47 PM

I thought we were talking about the lack of action on the Tour not the lack of cars. True, counts are down everywhere even on the dirt here in

NY. Sign of the times I guess.

markim
08-22-2011, 08:55 PM
I watch Jon McKennedy weekly at Star and the kid is amazing! He gets the most out of a low budget car week in and week out. He does most of the work on the car and is super clean on the track. Tour owners are missing out on a top shelf shoe!

Jaws
08-22-2011, 10:23 PM
I watch Jon McKennedy weekly at Star and the kid is amazing! He gets the most out of a low budget car week in and week out. He does most of the work on the car and is super clean on the track. Tour owners are missing out on a top shelf shoe!

Probably because just like about a dozen other cars, they can no afford the tour.

uticamike
08-22-2011, 10:40 PM

I have to agree. He gets overshadowed by Pennick Preece and Pasteryak but young Jon is a talent for sure. If I owned a Mod he'd make my short

list of shoes to fill the seat.

csg
08-23-2011, 12:17 AM
keith rocco and jon mckenedy both have tremendous talent and would be welcome additions to the tour but talent isnt all owners are looking for these days. Look how long bobby Santos 3 went without a ride and no one can deny his talents prior to landing the 4 ride. Unfortunately, its more about the size of the wallet then the talent behind the wheel.

It is a shame seeing a good car (36) drop off the tour, if even temporary. The timing makes sense with bristol and the Canadian race on the schedule, there is little chance of making money on those shows and its a long trip if everyone is not getting along. Like him or hate him TC is a draw. The few shows he skipped at stafford this year seemed like something was missing. TC has lost two rides this year, both owners saying essentially the same thing TC and the crew chief didnt get along. I think TC has to be easier on crew chiefs if he wants owners to put him behind the wheel. Its an expensive sport to play. If it isnt fun because of in house bickering, why do it? Its not like anyone is getting rich running a pavement modified these days.

Lugnuts
08-23-2011, 10:07 AM
The one thing I've never quite understood is why does TC need to be driving for someone else. Does he not want to spend his own money. Its my understanding that he owns an allison transmission repair shop. Why can't he foot the bill for his own hobby. I believe he bought some of the Galante equipment when they auctioned that stuff off after that whole thing went down. Where is the stuff and what is he doing with it. If he really wants to race, and we all know he can drive pretty much anything then why not just do it yourself. As many have said, he is hard on his crew, owners etc. so if thats the way one wants to be then why not be the one in charge and you say and do whatever you want. Lets face it, he has produced good results and does make the show more interesting for sure. I am not a fan of his but for sure its not good losing another driver on the tour. Things are not what they were years back, money is tight for everyone, including fans. Lets hope people can keep things together enough and keep the show going. Its sad to see this especially here on Long Island that car counts are dwindling to the point where promoters (everywhere) at some point will no longer be able to put on a show. Lets face it no cars to watch then no fans come. I am a Riverhead fan and this year I have only been one. Cars counts are horrible, chargers 10-14, late models 10-14, figure 8 10-12 this does not produce good racing.The mods which is the most expensive to run 20-24. This coupled with the cost of gas to get there (50 miles for me), the gate fee 20-24 bucks, thats if i don't take my son, a drink, burger or hot dog w/fries 10-15 bucks, if you don"t bring something (which i usually do) becomes an expensive night out and the racing isn't really what it should be. The years of 20 cars going to the grid in all divisions which i remember like yesterday I think are gone. It was nice to get your monies worth with qualifying and then the features. It seemed as if you got what you paid for and the stands were a lot fuller.

Lets hope that things change and short track racing stays alive.

skbob
08-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Lugnuts, it sounds like you are somewhat of a diehard fan, even though you've only been to one race this year & what you spend to get there would only buy 1 modified tire.
it costs a TON of cash just to run a modified weekly and even weakly at your local track. nevermind running on a tour.
when I started running my own SK in 1990 Teddy & his brother Mike had their own SK's in their 2 bay shop they shared that both started their businesses out of . I'd stop by to get parts , advice,& just talk racing.they both owned their own cars with help of some sponsors. Mike even built his own motors & a couple for me.
they each had clipboards on their own sides of the shop that had a list of Mike owes me & Teddy owes me. enough reminising, get back on track here.
TC does own his own SK's he runs at Stafford with help from sponsors.
just to get an SK to the track & race for the night costs a minimum of $1000.
that DOES NOT include the price to buy the car, motor, truck,trailer, tools, all spare parts needed,race fuel, fire suit, helmet, radios, NASCAR licsenes for the driver & crew members, etc etc etc.
tear off a front wheel assembly that night? $900. to replace it. that doesn't include any nerf bars, $150. each. front bumper crushed? $100.

skbob
08-23-2011, 09:56 PM
ran out of room.
Jr. Johnson said it best; if you want to make a small fortune in racing, start out with a BIG one.
a SMART and SUCCESSFUL racer won't spend all his own money. just some of it.
racing has no retirement plan.

Jaws
08-23-2011, 10:53 PM
TC does not own the SK he runs at Stafford. Ed Whelan owns it.

Rabbit504
08-24-2011, 06:06 AM
It is my understanding that Teddy owns more than one SK.
He leases SK's to Dan Avery, that he runs at Stafford.
He also had a deal for a few races with at least one other Driver.
He has at least on full time guy who works on them at his shop in Plainville CT.

The Troyer SK he started to run sometime last year(when he couldn't keep up with Rocco) is owned I was told by the owner of his Tour ride.

He did buy a few of the old 13 cars at the auction, one of them was the road course car they had, the others SK's.
Somewhere I read that Teddy was borrowing the Ford motor from the owner of the 36 to run at lime rock in his own car.

Teddy gets paid to drive, he doesn't pay to drive.
So running his own car is a last resort.
And remember, his brother Michael did own a Tour car he ran a few times at Loudon, so that may also be an option.

Magicshoes12
08-24-2011, 07:21 AM
TC does not own the SK he runs at Stafford. Ed Whelan owns it.

I'm pretty sure TC is listed as the owner, but used some of Eddies cars once in a while....but I could be wrong

Also on the SK roster TC is listed as the Owner on 3 Cars.....the #10, #13 and #34

Lugnuts
08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
SKbob,

Thanks for the info in regards to the TC history. Yes, i am somewhat of a diehard fan. However, Due to economic times I have not been able to afford to attend as many races as i would like and as you probably know as well, the job gets in the way too. I am well aware of the costs involved in racing a mod as I have worked on a few crews in the past both for mods and a charger car as well, i also helped out on a tour team for a short time also, so i am pretty well versed on the costs of tearing things up and tires as well. I appreciate your input and thanks for the info.