PDA

View Full Version : SK-Type Modifieds Complete North South Shootout Schedule

LongIslandJam
08-20-2011, 09:29 AM
SK-Type Modifieds Complete North South Shootout Schedule;
Slate Set for 2011 at Caraway Speedway

Asheboro, NC: Together C&C Racing Promotions & Caraway Speedway have set the slate for the annual North-South Shootout scheduled for November 3-5, 2011 at Caraway Speedway in Caraway, NC. Keeping with tradition, for the ninth installment of the annual event the Tour-Type Modifieds will be joined by the SK-Type Modifieds. The CRA Late Models and the USA Modifieds will also be returning; making the North-South Shootout one of the most diverse short-track events in the country.

“This program is what my father built,” said Chad Kepley, of C&C Racing Promotions, owner and promoter of the North-South Shootout, “and the Hackett’s agree that this is how we will move forward for 2012.”

The SK-Type Modifieds were the last to be added to the schedule of events. Rules and registration forms have been posted on the event’s official website northsouthshootout.com.

“We will work hard to make sure that what made the North-South Shootout an iconic event remains,” said Dale Wolbrink, also of C&C Racing Promotions.

The North-South Shootout had been held at Concord Speedway in Concord, NC for the first eight years. The change of venue to Caraway Speedway took many by surprise. It should; however, have a positive impact on the long-standing event.

“With the unexpected passing of my father, there have been so many things to deal with from both a personal and business standpoint. In the transition, I was afraid that the North-South Shootout would suffer. The Hacketts and Caraway Speedway have a very strong race program and a long-standing history of success of their own. They will be great partners in helping to build up the excitement for the event.”

For more information including a complete weekend schedule is available online at northsouthshootout.com.