PDA

View Full Version : Major Changes for 2011 North-South Shootout - Moves to Caraway

LongIslandJam
08-20-2011, 09:30 AM
Lexington, NC (August 18, 2011): C&C Racing Promotions announced today that they have entered into a marketing agreement with Darren & Renee Hackett of Caraway Speedway for the running of the 2011 North-South Shootout. With this agreement, the 2011 John Blewett III Memorial North-South ShootoutTM presented In Memory Of Charles Kepley will take place at Caraway Speedway under financial and managerial direction of speedway management.

The management and venue change for 2011 comes after much deliberation by C&C Racing Promotions.

“This was a very difficult decision to make,” said Chad Kepley, son of the late Charles Kepley, the owner and founder of the North-South Shootout. “With the unexpected passing of my father, there have been so many things to deal with from both a personal and business standpoint. In the transition, I was afraid that the North-South Shootout would suffer.”

Management of the event will be handled by the staff at Caraway Speedway with input and consultation from C&C Racing Promotions.

Keeping with tradition, the ninth installment of the annual event will feature the Tour-Type Modifieds. The CRA Late Models will also be returning; making the North-South Shootout one of the most diverse short-track events in the country.

Additional announcements regarding the support divisions will be made in the coming days.

“We sincerely apologize for the period of indecision and any inconvenience this may have caused our competitors and fans,” added Kepley. “We hope that our supporters can appreciate the situation that we have been faced with and that the support will remain for the North-South Shootout. The Hacketts have been long-time business associates of my father and long-time friends of my family. And the race track is a great place for a Modified race.”

Caraway Speedway is a NASCAR-sanctioned facility located in Central North Carolina, in Asheboro . It is a half-mile semi-banked oval known for its highly-competitive Modified events.

Local accommodations include Comfort, Fairfield , Hampton & Quality Inns along with Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express.

For more information on the North-South Shootout visit northsouthshootout.com. To learn more about Caraway Speedway, log on to carawayspeedway.com.