PDA

View Full Version : Red means STOP

STU
08-21-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm sure most of you saw the video of the bad modified wreck at Grandview the other week. Look closely and you'll see a mod almost crash into the saftey crew as they were rushing to the drivers aid. All this happened while the red was out.
So drivers, please, come to a safe stop when you see the red flag. During the pace laps take note where all the flaggers/officials are. If you do find yourself spun into the infield, remember there are alot of unprotected people in there so think before you act.
Good luck to all and be safe on Sunday.
Cory

DerbyN8-128
08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't know if it still happens at NEETS races, but I know in the past when the red would come out some cars would go to the pits and from what I understand, lose a lap for doing so BUT it was allowed. As the mentioned video shows, the safety crews have one thing in mind after a bad wreck, and that is get to that car. They should not have to worry about drivers moving around on the track. That was a close call that was nearly as scary as the crash itself...

greenflag
08-21-2011, 10:41 PM
I remember quite a few Modified races in the past when drivers didn't stop on the red flag also. You won't see it as much now. In car radio will help that problem.

ThePill
08-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Nate makes a good point. On a normal saturday night show they have a red flag and a red flag with yellow lights on. When the yellow is on cars can legally enter the pits. Could we just adopt a policy where when the red comes out all cars must stop and then when the incident is secure the officials can give the ok for red flag pitting and cars can enter the pits with caution. Also maybe when the red flag is called, tell the drivers where the incident is on the track just to let them know to be on the lookout for safety personnel in that area.