PDA

View Full Version : Keith Rocco

rpd
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Is it not time that SOMEONE ON THE TOUR gives Keith Rocco

a chance? Does the ability to win mean anything

TnLRacing
08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Someone did give him a chance on the Tour, Im not really sure why the deal didnt work out,

David
08-22-2011, 06:23 PM
He will be driving the 79 on the south tour at thompson.

Axel
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM
i thought he had a part time or one-off gig a few years ago, no? Cant remember which car tho.

skbob
08-22-2011, 09:57 PM
wasn't it in Ed Partridges' car after Blewet & before Silk?

Sluggo44
08-23-2011, 06:48 AM
He was in the Ed Partridge 12 car for a short time after Jimmy Blewett left. I'm not sure of the circumstances why they parted ways. Personally, I think Keith would be a title contender if he ran on the tour

Lugnuts
08-23-2011, 09:41 AM
I spoke to him at the shootout the year he ran in the TS Haulers car, I believe it was in the 12. If he treats people, crew, owner etc. like he treats fans (attitude) then you found the reason. Driving is one thing but if you can't get along with people or treat them like you would want to be treated then I guess this is what happens. Look at the TC situation, I am sure the same thing applies. He can drive but has an attitude to go with it. JMO

Magicshoes12
08-23-2011, 11:20 AM
I spoke to him at the shootout the year he ran in the TS Haulers car, I believe it was in the 12. If he treats people, crew, owner etc. like he treats fans (attitude) then you found the reason. Driving is one thing but if you can't get along with people or treat them like you would want to be treated then I guess this is what happens. Look at the TC situation, I am sure the same thing applies. He can drive but has an attitude to go with it. JMO

BINGO! We have a winner!!

Keith can drive but definitely has an attitude just listen to his victory lane interviews...

MJProcko
08-23-2011, 12:00 PM
BINGO! We have a winner!!

Keith can drive but definitely has an attitude just listen to his victory lane interviews...

Well there are two car owners who are able to handle his so called attitude and they have been rewarded with more victories than anyone in NWAAS over the past 3 years. Not only does he reward them with victories he puts alot of time in on the cars in the garage too. Maybe a reason TC is out of a ride at Thompson and is in Mich. racing OLM's or Supers at Lee instead of running his SK at Stafford is because he's sick of looking at the rear panel of Rocco crossing the finish line.

TMAC
08-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Well there are two car owners who are able to handle his so called attitude and they have been rewarded with more victories than anyone in NWAAS over the past 3 years. Not only does he reward them with victories he puts alot of time in on the cars in the garage too. Maybe a reason TC is out of a ride at Thompson and is in Mich. racing OLM's or Supers at Lee instead of running his SK at Stafford is because he's sick of looking at the rear panel of Rocco crossing the finish line.

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess when you win over 100 races there,maybe you just want to change it up a little........

skbob
08-23-2011, 08:59 PM
having known TC for 20+ yrs & raced against him for 15yrs. I think TMAC hit the nail on the head.
nobodys getting an younger here.

WhelenTour27
08-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I seem to remember reading that Tommy Grasso told Partridge that he couldn't set the car up for Keith and that it was Keith or him.

ShawnCourchesne
08-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Keith Rocco Released From Whelen Modified Tour Ride By Team Owner Ed Partridge (http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/11/keith-rocco-released-from-whel.html)

MJProcko
08-24-2011, 01:43 AM
REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess when you win over 100 races there,maybe you just want to change it up a little........

Yea, your probably right, after all if Teddy had won as many times THIS year at Stafford as Rocco has and leading the points, I'm sure he'd be blowing off friday nights to change things up a little. Two guys have pretty much dominated SK action in CT, Rocco and Preece.... it's just not teddy's year.

spotter27
08-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Keith has alot of talent but at times drives WAY over his head I'm just glad Eric Berndt is ok after a crazy move on the last lap for 3rd place by Keith,that could have been alot worse and not the first time he has made moves like that this year.

Magicshoes12
08-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Go to the 3:40 mark in the video....I like how Berndt took the harder hit but all concern is about Keith!!

http://youtu.be/B1gXunhG2O8

Goldy
08-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes.. indeed Ben.. Let's ALL give Keith a BIG round of applause...
Hope Eric is ok..

uticamike
08-27-2011, 01:06 PM
I'm not a big Rocco defender but I don't see this as him wrecking Eric. Last lap, you know he's a charger and if you look at it closely Keith's RF

is clearly past Erics door and Rocco's LF is on the apron as the tires touch. I'm sure Eric is a racer himself and it looks like two guys just racing

hard. Hell, everyone's hero TC made that move famous. Sorry, I don't see it as Kid Wrecko on this one.

spotter27
08-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Keith's left front tire was not on the apron it was on the grass as you can see in the replay.I'm not a keith hater at all kid has alot of talent but with 2 pts between him and ryan a 4th place finish would have been better for points and Eric's pocket,thats gonna be alot of money to fix.Keith is no TC but he thinks he is

Gil
08-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Historically the Italian is at fault on these boards! Why oh Why oh Why????????????

:disgusted:confused::disgusted

Moa57
08-30-2011, 01:27 PM
Just saw on the Stafford website under the penalty notices, that Rocco has been suspended for the next race for incident on Friday night. And if I remember correctly, he had a win taken away at Thompson earlier this summer for the same type of infraction (which didn't end up as an accident). Alot of talent, just doesn't use his head.

MJProcko
08-31-2011, 02:52 AM
I guess Stafford is saying you must be past the front wheel now before you actually have position for a pass on the last lap. And, a tire width lower than the leader on the same lap is considered in the dirt. However dumping folks from the lead on lap nine is still ok.......

was it an agressive move - yes.
did he intentionally crash Bernt - no

When you are racing for the national championship every position counts - that's how you get to see the Stafford track champ on national TV commercial week after week during the cup races. Not getting dumped from the lead on lap nine would have solved the whole thing as he probably would have ran away from everyone but Preece.

You know what I'd like to see is them come back this week with his Dad in the car to keep the owner points up.

Rabbit504
08-31-2011, 10:38 AM
You know what I'd like to see is them come back this week with his Dad in the car to keep the owner points up.

Your kidding Right?

MJProcko
08-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Your kidding Right?

Heck no. If he is still able, I'd love to see it.

limodmaniac
09-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Eric Berndt in the 88 at Stafford.

Gil
09-02-2011, 03:24 AM
I'd love to see Rocky back in a car!!!