PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Bristol

Magicshoes12
08-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Just want to know everyone's thoughts on the Bristol race.....

My thoughts are....I'm saving my $45 and not going to NHMS if the 7 or 77 is on the entry list....just stupid....Especially since this race is on TV...(Save $45 in ticket and $80 in Gas) Lets see if Nascar finds something illegal this time or if they sweep it under the rug...LOL..JK...that car was just stupid fast at Bristol tonight!

Great to see Flemke made it there and how about the new TV Star Wade Cole!!! That was pretty cool for him!

Lets all join together and sing it now......"Oh Canada, My Home and Native Land"!!! LOL....

See you guys at Thompson September 10th and 11th!

RacnJason00
08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Well im going to NHMS regardless the #7 or #77 is there. But I agree NASCAR is gotta keep looking at this car, You can't say there not cheating or cheating. They only run the car a handful of times and then Ryan Newman gets out of the car and dedicates his win to a Suspended owner/crew chief, that's a slap in the face to NASCAR and the whole Tour in my eyes.

I also think there was way to many yellows. The Tour is on TV 2 times this year and how is it gonna draw new fans and we under yellow 85% of the time. My son started to watch the race but after the 3rd yellow he was turned off... I cannot blame him

Sorry for rambling on.

PS I also think that NASCAR deserves an F for having a race in Canada. I'm gonna say 18 cars show up!!

See you at Thompson

uticamike
08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I just got to ask why they would DQ them at NH but "sweep it under the rug" at Bristol. Ryan won yes but didn't totally dominate. Szeggy dodged

a ton of trouble and looked a bit used up at the end. 51 is an up and commer and I thought Beers run was fantastic but after their bad stop he

didn't seem as good. 2 thumbs up for young Pat Emerling in the 07. I get to watch him often on our tour and he did a great job to get a top five

especially after an early spin. The 7/77 is top gun. Don't you want to be there when they get beat?

RacnJason00
08-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Beers was hooked up.. Santos running the Ritchie Evans tribute car, its gonna be exciting. When Ryan Newman shows up next month and someone beats him I don't wanna miss it!!

kinserfan11
08-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Crash Fest and 16 car DNF:mad:

bud
08-24-2011, 09:36 PM
About half the races have been that way

bud
08-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Wonder if ed watched the race w brad.....lol

BigMac
08-24-2011, 09:56 PM
Another boring race in a very boring season. I include the MRS season in that statement as well. Can't say I didn't expect it tonight. The first couple of Bristol races were fantastic. They were due for a letdown. Its a shame the guys in the back can't keep their wheels straight. The guys up front are more than capable of putting on a show. Bristol is a great modified track. I'd love to see them back there in March. Its worth noting that TC has not contended in any of Newmans last three wins. Obviously he wasn't there tonight. I hope they get there stuff together before NHMS next month. At least make a show out of it.

BChat
08-24-2011, 10:14 PM
They only run the car a handful of times and then Ryan Newman gets out of the car and dedicates his win to a Suspended owner/crew chief, that's a slap in the face to NASCAR and the whole Tour in my eyes.

I agree with you on this. I always respected Ryan as a hard nosed racer, now I think of him as a..........well........... probably better not type what I'm thinking. I hope the whole team is real proud of themselves.

NWMT PR
08-24-2011, 10:38 PM
We're glad some of you that couldn't make the trip were able to watch tonight. I'll be interested to see what people thought that were at the race. Personally, I enjoyed it watching from the press box. There seemed to be a lot of passing through the field. Emerling was quite impressive. Four lead changes doesn't sound like a lot, but there were some good battles for the lead and in the top six.

Fifty-one caution laps out of 150 is just over the season average, percentage-wise. We were at 28% entering this race. A 5% increase over the average is probably reasonable considering where we were racing.

In the media center following the race, Newman said he will definitely be at New Hampshire. Regardless of what everyone's opinions are, and you're all certainly entitled to your opinion considering the circumstances, Newman does genuienly enjoy the competition of the Modifieds.

Jason C.

RacnJason00
08-24-2011, 10:56 PM
We're glad some of you that couldn't make the trip were able to watch tonight. I'll be interested to see what people thought that were at the race. Personally, I enjoyed it watching from the press box. There seemed to be a lot of passing through the field. Emerling was quite impressive. Four lead changes doesn't sound like a lot, but there were some good battles for the lead and in the top six.

Fifty-one caution laps out of 150 is just over the season average, percentage-wise. We were at 28% entering this race. A 5% increase over the average is probably reasonable considering where we were racing.

In the media center following the race, Newman said he will definitely be at New Hampshire. Regardless of what everyone's opinions are, and you're all certainly entitled to your opinion considering the circumstances, Newman does genuienly enjoy the competition of the Modifieds.

Jason C.

How can someone from NASCAR come on here and kiss Ryan Newman's ass anymore than there doing. When there is combo races with the Cup Series like Bristol and New Hampshire the media drool and I'm not slamming regular media who covers this series. Hyping up Ryan Newman and Andy Petree and its truly pathetic. The NASCAR Whelen Modified Series can go on with out Ryan Newman and now it looks like it can go on with TC, so let's talk about the guys who are dedicated to the Series.

BChat
08-24-2011, 11:10 PM
In the media center following the race, Newman said he will definitely be at New Hampshire. Regardless of what everyone's opinions are, and you're all certainly entitled to your opinion considering the circumstances, Newman does genuienly enjoy the competition of the Modifieds.Jason C.

Ya think!....He comes with "Cup resourses" to race against "Modified resources".

Jason...Jason...Jason...your post reminds of listening to inmates during my days as a CO.

Once again I'm with RacnJason00.

RacnJason00
08-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Its all fine and dandy Newman loves racing Modifieds. But I say NASCAR needs to haul that racecar back to Charlotte and tear it completely down front to back, every nut and bolt. The guy runs 4 or 5 times a year and no one can ever touch them when there on the track, I have been around this way too long to know something is not going on...

It was also funny that Mike Joy and Dick kept saying tonight they got dq'd at NHMS and they took full responsibility for the infraction and that it was an error on ECR part (The Engine Builder) well guess what? HORSE ****!!! Bono new..

mwf44
08-24-2011, 11:57 PM
People watchin with blinders on !!! Not a woulda, coulda person, but wish that last NH was 100 laps instead of 95 cause there might have been a second year Mod Tour driver in victory lane & gettin the RF clobbered didn't help the front end to turn like it needed to go after Ryan Newman 2nite. Don't miss the next NH cause #51 is up to the challenge from anybody including 7/77 !!

JWfor8x
08-25-2011, 01:05 AM

Jason C.

Well, I saw the race on tv and thought the television coverage was excellent. It's good that Speed has three guys who love the modifieds doing the show. As for the race itself, you were there, so your perspective is entirely different than mine is as a television viewer, but I did not like the race. There were far too many cautions. That happens sometimes. I will never understand the value of the free pass, but I bet the 07 team is glad that it exists. As far as the 77 team goes, they won, oh well. I'm sure that they were legal this time, but I find no excitement in that bunch winning. I can say that, but I'll also admit that it will be very good when they are beaten by a regular Tour team, hopefully at NHIS.

JW

MJProcko
08-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Why are people suprised there were more than a fair share of wrecks tonight? This is Bristol, contact is a given.... in the cup series you have half the field running around missing body panels..... the difference is that modifieds have no fenders - open wheels ya know. And I found the race very enjoyable despite the carnage and Newman winning.

I doubt Newman would dare get into another illegal car for this race as his reputation would take a huge it if it happened twice. What you are really dealing with is money... as in Cup crews, Cup built motor and probably most important Cup shock and suspenion tech. Watch the race and you'll see his car was glued to the track. Which will make beating him that much sweeter.

Sluggo44
08-25-2011, 06:10 AM
A big congratulations to Frank Fleming for being the highest finishing Southern car. My question is...if Frank is being credited with a Southern Tour victory...why he isn't in Victory Lane alongside Ryan Newman?

Teds Race Tours
08-25-2011, 06:28 AM
Why are people suprised there were more than a fair share of wrecks tonight? This is Bristol, contact is a given.... in the cup series you have half the field running around missing body panels..... the difference is that modifieds have no fenders - open wheels ya know. And I found the race very enjoyable despite the carnage and Newman winning.

I doubt Newman would dare get into another illegal car for this race as his reputation would take a huge it if it happened twice. What you are really dealing with is money... as in Cup crews, Cup built motor and probably most important Cup shock and suspenion tech. Watch the race and you'll see his car was glued to the track. Which will make beating him that much sweeter.

I think the surprise is that The Mods Only had 7 TOTAL cautions combined in the 1st 2 races there, and 1 of those was for rain. Bristol isn't the Bristol it used to be....It's very much a 2 groove speedway now. Contact is not nearly what it was at the track 5 years ago before they reconfigured the banking.

Goldy
08-25-2011, 09:31 AM
I thought the TV coverage was great – nice job SPEED; I also don’t think the race was anything less then what I expected it to be. Cautions are going to happen and for the most part they were your standard issue tangles. Lajoie sure hit a ton as he took a nasty angle to the wall and Stefanik sure had more damage then one would have thought given the chain reaction – it’s to bad he got caught up in that as he had a top 5 car – and I hope he’s okay..

Also worth noting – the Speed51 coverage was awesome – and no disrespect to the coverage here and on the Hometacks site, I just didn’t lean on it – but I give credit where it’s due - they did a great job.

Hats off to Szegedy though – all their efforts (changing the motor), and close calls – starting scratch and come away with a podium finish, that’s very impressive. I still don’t think he would have won as Newman displayed proper patience and at the end had a car that really drove through the corners..

While I really liked seeing Civali up front and contending – it looked like he could have displayed some patience and once in front, well – he could only hold up the 2 and 77 for so long – unless the car really got tight in the end or he or David decided to give way.. either way – a great run by Civali and the Hillbilly team. Great runs by the 51, 07 and 45; it looked like Beers really had something there for a while..

Amidst all the efforts to get the 10 car to Bristol (funding, 2 breakdowns en route and no time effort in TT due to a mishap in the pits) – Eddie got caught up in a couple skirmishes and found a way to get inside the top 10 with 15 to go – a listed “vibration” ended what would have been a very satisfying top 10 finish – a great effort!!!

I really would have liked to see what the 4 and 52 would have had at the end – nice job by 1st timer Coby.. also – we can talk about Newman’s cup resources as they certainly come into play – but even though I think he came out 1st after his pit – it didn’t look like his tire changer was breaking any records tending to the fronts..

JWfor8x
08-25-2011, 12:04 PM

Just because I don't enjoy watching the modifieds have a demolition derby doesn't mean that it's surprising. Some of the wrecks were due to Mechanical failure, like when Lajoi crashed. Some may have been caused by oil on the track, I don't know. Whatever. The modifieds can have races where there are no cautions and they can have demo derbies like Bristol was. I prefer the the caution free ones.

You are right about Newman's car and that team. It makes it very difficult to beat them but it will be very sweet when they are beaten and I don't want that to happen because of mechanical failure or by them being involved in a wreck. A clean pass of the last lap would be perfect.

Bostonian
08-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I know you shouldn't tell a driver where they can compete, but. What would the open wheel fans think if Indy Car and F1 drivers started entering races in lower classes like Super V, Indy Lights, F3, or even USAC? Do you think if Dario won "The Night Before the 500" Midget Race that the fans wouldn't be pissed? Personally, I feel once you run and win at a higher level you shouldn't compete at a lower one. Kind of like what they do in Motocross, and some other series. Now if you lost your ride and it's the only thing available then that would be different. I know a few guy's run WOO when they can. But they don't dominate the division.

LiquidBread
08-25-2011, 12:19 PM
I thought the TV coverage was great. Awesome lead-in showing the series' past greats. It just goes to show that when coverage includes folks that care about the modifieds .... Congratulations SPEED!

It looked super fast. Any opinions on whether the concrete played a significant role in the lap times they were turning?

Racer1_NC
08-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Cautions not withstanding, I enjoyed the race! Good racing from front to mid pack with some great moves shown by several different drivers. MY gut says the 77 was legal......you'd have to be a dang fool to come back with a hinky car after what happened at NH. Newman can and will be beaten.....just didn't happen yesterday.

JMB
08-25-2011, 12:42 PM
I know you shouldn't tell a driver where they can compete, but. What would the open wheel fans think if Indy Car and F1 drivers started entering races in lower classes like Super V, Indy Lights, F3, or even USAC? Do you think if Dario won "The Night Before the 500" Midget Race that the fans wouldn't be pissed? Personally, I feel once you run and win at a higher level you shouldn't compete at a lower one. Kind of like what they do in Motocross, and some other series. Now if you lost your ride and it's the only thing available then that would be different. I know a few guy's run WOO when they can. But they don't dominate the division.

Actually, if any of the Indycar drivers showed up for a USAC race the fans would probably be thrilled beyond belief.

TMAC
08-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I have no problem with Ryan racing with the tour,about 5 yrs ago or maybe more,up at new hampshire[have also seen them at new symrna] i saw him and his dad checking out out a real racecar[modified]they asked alot of questions about the car.Doesnt he come from open wheel racing[silver crown etc]hes a good wheel man.Yes to some its sour grapes with all the great equiptment or resources they have,but you know what anyone! can race,just have to step up which is very hard for some and maybe a little easier for others[racing has always been like this].Finally we get the best ones to annouce race[thanks Mike,Dick and Bob]I ENJOYED! the race,yes cautions might have been a turn off for few,but alot of people who don't know these type of cars really liked it[i talked to a few friends at bristol,mostly from tenn and michigan]and they loved it,so tv did some good for hopefully more races on tv.Now a BIG SHOUT OUT to Justin and Todd great racing!Thought the 58 did great as well[till the end,crap!]

scott
08-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I thought the coverage team on speed was great. Good to have knowledgable people doing the broadcast. I emailed speed to thank them, maybe it'll help get more coverage. Here's the link:
http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

MXCHAMP04
08-25-2011, 01:54 PM
I know you shouldn't tell a driver where they can compete, but. What would the open wheel fans think if Indy Car and F1 drivers started entering races in lower classes like Super V, Indy Lights, F3, or even USAC? Do you think if Dario won "The Night Before the 500" Midget Race that the fans wouldn't be pissed? Personally, I feel once you run and win at a higher level you shouldn't compete at a lower one. Kind of like what they do in Motocross, and some other series. Now if you lost your ride and it's the only thing available then that would be different. I know a few guy's run WOO when they can. But they don't dominate the division.I agree with you 100%. I asked this before. Why would Nascar allow a cup driver to go down to race mods when they consider it a developmental series? And the difference for motocross is this. You're right, in motocross, once you advance in class from novice, to amateur, to expert, you cannot race in the class below you ever again. But motocross is really based on 95% rider skill, and the bike makes very little difference, but if you get caught riding in a class below your normal class, you will be disqualified immediately, stripped of all money, and laughed at for years to come by all the riders and labeled a sandbagger. So I don't know why Nascar allows it, other than to say Newman i guess is sandbagging and I think it's a joke.

NC Mudcat
08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
.....Why would Nascar allow a cup driver to go down to race mods when they consider it a developmental series?

Quite simple: It sells tickets.

Bostonian
08-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Actually, if any of the Indycar drivers showed up for a USAC race the fans would probably be thrilled beyond belief.

I know he's only a part timer now, but Davey Hamilton races some USAC, and Supers at Oswego, and like you said. When he does the fans ARE thrilled.

NEWS FLASH!!!! On his days off from the Washington Capitals. Alex Ovechkin will dress and play with the Charlotte Checkers of the ECHL. Why not it's kind of the same thing? :drool: :D

Waiting for Irene is making me grumpy :-B

Gil
08-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Bostonian, Do you really consider taxicabs a higher class of racing? If so, pretty sad!!!:(

Bostonian
08-25-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't think taxi cabs are a higher class. I'm just basing it on how much more the payouts are for them over the Mod's :mad:
I don't watch the non-mod races. I do however, watch the Modified's and other open wheel cars whenever I can. :applause:

Sicklajoie
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Why would Nascar allow a cup driver to go down to race mods when they consider it a developmental series?
The problem is the fact that NASCAR considers the modifieds a developmental series in the first place. It's not. I hate that dreaded "d" word...

RacnJason00
08-25-2011, 04:43 PM
The problem is the fact that NASCAR considers the modifieds a developmental series in the first place. It's not. I hate that dreaded "d" word...

AMEN!! You are 100% correct...

Gil
08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
bostonian, Didn't you say this? "Personally, I feel once you run and win at a higher level you shouldn't compete at a lower one. " Sorry that i misquoted you, but do you really consider taxi cabs a higher level? You are comparing two different kinds of cars fenders to open wheels. I consider open wheel racing to be the higher class even though thet don't always earn as much.

JWfor8x
08-26-2011, 11:35 AM

I partially agree with you, but not completly. There have been times when Cup guys competed with the modified guys and I was okay with it. An example of that was when Ken Schrader drove Brian Ross's modified, I think at Oswego, in exchange for Ross to race an ARCA race in his car. Tony Stewart, among others, raced against the modifieds. I'm not sure who and how many have raced the WMT. In any case, I don't recall any of them racing with a car that was built and maintained only to race at a few big time events like the team Newman drives for was with. Yes, there is nothing to prevent it, but I don't like it and I certianly don't respect it.

TMAC
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
I never heard the modifieds were a developmental series,its a touring series.I think politicaly[i spell that right]k and n east and west series are.Have heard time and time again,its nascars oldest and we know least supportive.

Bostonian
08-26-2011, 01:54 PM
bostonian, Didn't you say this? "Personally, I feel once you run and win at a higher level you shouldn't compete at a lower one. " Sorry that i misquoted you, but do you really consider taxi cabs a higher level? You are comparing two different kinds of cars fenders to open wheels. I consider open wheel racing to be the higher class even though thet don't always earn as much.

If the way I wrote it was wrong, I'm sorry. I only wrote it that way because that is the way that NASCAR has the divisions structured. It has NOTHING to do with how I, or others view the Mod's, and no, I don't find the fender division to be a higher level. I don't even watch them :confused:

MOD JUNKIE
08-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I believe Bobby Alison drove in the modifieds back in the day. Good luck beating Newman, it can and will be done but that car and team with cup technology and Newman driving is a tough group to stop.

JWfor8x
08-27-2011, 01:18 AM
I believe Bobby Alison drove in the modifieds back in the day. Good luck beating Newman, it can and will be done but that car and team with cup technology and Newman driving is a tough group to stop.

I know that he raced in the Race of Champions, I don't know if it was called the National Open then or not. He also was a 2 time NASCAR Modified Special Division champion, in 1962 and 1963. He won two NASCAR Modified Division championships in 1964 and 65. It was after that that he moved on to the Grand National circuit.

SUfan
08-28-2011, 03:55 PM
FYI- The Bristol win for Newman proves nothing, even though he will tell you different. The 77 was the only car that didn't have some sort of a setback at Bristol. Those who weren't involved in crashes had either motor problems or developed a tight condition after a few green flag laps. I fully expect someone to beat Newman at Loudon, assuming his car is legal. It could turn out to be the race of the year. I can't wait to see it unfold in person.

Goldy
08-30-2011, 09:43 PM
... and another thing...

Something I really hadn't noticed on the body styles lately (Troyer) - I know Newman had some type of right side body flair / angle thing going (was it last year at NH?) - but the 4th shot into the Bristol Photo Gallery slide show (http://localracing.nascar.com/series/2) (the 09 and 10 head on) shows quite an angle there on the right side on the 09.. looks like the 6 has something similar? maybe not as pronounced... who's body work is that anyway and how close is it to the rule book I wonder?? and don't get me wrong - it's pretty cool and slick, just wonder if there's an areo advantage there??

RGeeProductions
08-31-2011, 08:13 PM
... and another thing...

Something I really hadn't noticed on the body styles lately (Troyer) - I know Newman had some type of right side body flair / angle thing going (was it last year at NH?) - but the 4th shot into the Bristol Photo Gallery slide show (http://localracing.nascar.com/series/2) (the 09 and 10 head on) shows quite an angle there on the right side on the 09.. looks like the 6 has something similar? maybe not as pronounced... who's body work is that anyway and how close is it to the rule book I wonder?? and don't get me wrong - it's pretty cool and slick, just wonder if there's an areo advantage there??

After reading the rules many times before making this body (http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=197682), I would say the 09 body is not legal. Either way, didn't help him much there did it.... (will get back to you tomorrow night on why when I get home and read the exact wording in the 2011 rule book. has to do with sides to be straight line horizontally and spoiler placement).

RGeeProductions
09-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Can't seem to find the straight horizontal statement. I know I read earlier in the year. It was slipped in somewhere where it didn't really fit.
As for the spoiler, it seems it must be in the center of the quarter panels but center of where they mount to inner sheetmetal. So, if you roll the top of the quarter panel on one side over an inch and then roll the other quarter panel over 8 inches, you can shift the spoiler to either side actually.
I know at the beginning of the season, tech officials where checking many questionable body issues but never made anyone do anything about it. But yet they made us move our front bumper back a 1/2". Like this gave us an advantage... Go figure...
Anyways, I do think there will be some changes made on body rules next year. They have been looking.

MJProcko
09-02-2011, 05:26 PM
woud these bodies have the same effect as the way the cup cars were tracking a few years ago? They looked like the rear of the cars were trying to pass the fronts.

hollywoodmic
09-04-2011, 12:06 AM
With all this Ryan Newman talk I had to re-post this. I wrote this on LI Jam this week.

A $25,000 - $40,000 motor, is just that!!!! Ryan Newman isn't the only one with one of them. Ed Partridge, Bob Garbirino, Mike Smiriglio and Ed Whelan just to name a few spend that type of $$$ on their motors. It's a TROYER Car, same one that Teddy has, same one that Todd has, same one that Bobby has, no????? HE IS BETTER,BOTTOM LINE. Justin Bonsignore has maybe, with practice 500 laps at Bristol and NHMS, Ryan Newman has 10's of 1000's. How does that not factor in, to all of you people. He's a Silver Crown open wheel Champion (no sloutch) and he and Bono have every right to race in this Series.

No one complained when Jerry Marquis roughed up Tony Stewart at NHMS a few years back why???? Because Tony didn't win. The problem everyone has is THEY KEEP WINNING. These guys are just better. I guess everyone forgets the success of the Sheba Racing team..........the team Bono used to maintain all the Modifieds for. Has a Troyer car or the motors changed that much since Jeff Fuller and Steve Park were smoking everyone at all the big races?????? It's a very similar chassis to what Bono always worked on, could they just be that good???? Doesn't previous knowledge have anything to do with the sucess??? No I guess.

They are not going to a Modified race and buying 16 sets of tires because they have the most $$$$. Their car has the same $$$ in it as the 16, 4, 36, 2 ect. I love that Ryan runs with the modifieds and I will love it even more when our guys beat them. It will happen. The 7ny team is a great team with a great driver but they spend the same $$$ from bumper to bumper on their car, same $$$ as the other top teams in this series. What's between the seat and the steering wheel has a lot to do with the sucess of this team.

As for the cheating, they did it, they got caught, they paid their penalty. Let it go. If you have a problem with the penalty take it up with NASCAR. When they were deemed legal at Bristol after the big controversey they still smoked the field. I can't wait to see the 7ny team at NHMS, and I hope our guys have something for them. If not the best team will win again.

I'm sorry for the rant but if you all like it we can keep our little, low paying series to ourselves or we can use Kevin "Bono" Manion and Ryan Newman (and maybe Kyle Busch), influences to perhaps help our drivers and teams to get the recognition and the attention they deserve and to go to NASCAR and try to get more $$$ for our series, or we can just come on these message boards and just whine about how they cheated at NHMS and how they don't belong in the Seires. Losing this team is not going to help this Series, use these guys to help us get what the regulars deserve, more TV, more $$$$, and more exposure. How huge will the story be when little Justin Bonsignore beats BIG BAD Ryan Newman next time????? The headlines would be a lot bigger than if Justin just beat Todd Szegedy. Actually no one other than us die hard Modified fans would know or care about it.

bud
09-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Right or wrong everyone has an opinion

Analyst
09-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Spot on hollywoodmic! I wholeheartedly agree with you! And my hat is off to you for a well written piece...

Jaws
09-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Right or wrong everyone has an opinion

There you go, I've been told I am wrong before , will be told I'm wrong again.

Still sticking to my opinion, I'll just leave it at that.

Oh and far as Jerry roughing up Tony, I was sitting right there, Tony started the roughing and Jerry said enough, don't think we ever saw Tony back in a Mod again. No one complained because he started it!

Can't wait until NH, should be fun.

bud
09-04-2011, 08:34 PM
He needed the juiced up motor.....lol cause everything else was equal....lol.
Hollywood.....there was no excuse for louden...
God u sound like Obama telling us we're right on track. I'm thinking if he runs a holley 750 it will just be a mistake and didn't help the motor too much. Maybe 2-3hp. Took them a while at louden......only a matter of time at bristol....lol

Bob T. Racer
09-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Hollywoodmic: You are 100% correct on what you said!!! I was up in Baldwins suite and watched Newman just carve them up in the corners. Other guys tried to run his line and they actually lost time to him. I for one will be glad to see Bono and Ryan compete. Hopefully the Tour drivers took some good notes.

JWfor8x
09-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Hollywoodmic: You are 100% correct on what you said!!! I was up in Baldwins suite and watched Newman just carve them up in the corners. Other guys tried to run his line and they actually lost time to him. I for one will be glad to see Bono and Ryan compete. Hopefully the Tour drivers took some good notes.

I personally think it's good that the Tour teams get to compete against the very best. Yes, the tour teams can learn from them. Yes, maybe Manion and Newman can have some positive influence with people who can help the tour. That being said, the fact remains that they were caught cheating and they embarressed themselves by cheating. The fact that they were legal at Bristol and they will likely be legal at NHMS next time does nothing to change that.

hollywoodmic
09-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Bud............. I just re-read my post and I'm trying to find my "excuse" for Louden??? I don't believe I ever made an excuse. I'm saying move on. What isn't equal Bud???? Did I put any ficticious statements out about the cars or the motors????Do these teams not have the same cars, or does Bono just have a "Magic 2009 Troyer Car" I guess he ran a Sprint Cup motor at Bristol??? $40k is $40k and most of the top teams are spending it. They are just a better team at the tracks they are more familiar with. Take em to Thompson, they don't stand a chance our guys have more laps there. Take em twice and he just might smoke them there as well. He's Ryan Newman for crying out loud he's a talented driver.

Jaws you totally missed my point. My point was nobody cares what Tony Stewart did because he wasn't winning. The problem here is that the 7ny just keeps winning that's why all the whinning. If Teddy won all those races and Ryan got a Top 5 no one would care about the 7ny. They got caught for cheating in ONE race, they lost the win the $ and the points. Anyone else get caught cheating this year and loose all of that...........I don't think so, refer to race #1 of the year.

Oh also you are all entilted to your opinions as am I. I never said you were wrong. When I see you we'll shake hands and agree to disagree. Hopefully see you at the Head in Turn 2

Jaws
09-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Bud............. I just re-read my post and I'm trying to find my "excuse" for Louden??? I don't believe I ever made an excuse. I'm saying move on. What isn't equal Bud???? Did I put any ficticious statements out about the cars or the motors????Do these teams not have the same cars, or does Bono just have a "Magic 2009 Troyer Car" I guess he ran a Sprint Cup motor at Bristol??? $40k is $40k and most of the top teams are spending it. They are just a better team at the tracks they are more familiar with. Take em to Thompson, they don't stand a chance our guys have more laps there. Take em twice and he just might smoke them there as well. He's Ryan Newman for crying out loud he's a talented driver.

Jaws you totally missed my point. My point was nobody cares what Tony Stewart did because he wasn't winning. The problem here is that the 7ny just keeps winning that's why all the whinning. If Teddy won all those races and Ryan got a Top 5 no one would care about the 7ny. They got caught for cheating in ONE race, they lost the win the $ and the points. Anyone else get caught cheating this year and loose all of that...........I don't think so, refer to race #1 of the year.

Oh also you are all entilted to your opinions as am I. I never said you were wrong. When I see you we'll shake hands and agree to disagree. Hopefully see you at the Head in Turn 2

Steve you are right, did miss that point. And we will always shake hands in turn 2 my friend. See you this week.

Bob T. Racer
09-05-2011, 06:36 PM
It's Steve Jaws, Tim is the Mortgage Guy, lol.

When i go to Loudon can i get a hug?

JEFF
09-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I tend to agree with bud on this one. Why would you have to cheat to win at loudon. Oh ya they didnt know I guess you believe that crap. Do you really believe that ryan newman is a better driver in a mod then the guys that run them all the time. I Bet that if you put wmt drivers in that car at bristol, 3/4 of them would have won. Oh I guess you dont think our wmt drivers are talented. Why doesnt ryan newman win a lot on the cup and busch series if he is so talented ? It would be one thing to come and win all the big money wmt races legally. Because they were deemed legal at bristol doesnt mean they were. How long and hard do you think nascar teched the car after bristol ? Do you think they were legal when they won the first 2 at loudon ? Could you imagine the embarrassment if they were caught cheating again at bristol.

Jaws
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
It's Steve Jaws, Tim is the Mortgage Guy, lol.

LOL, you guys look so much alike.

wmass01013
09-05-2011, 10:16 PM
They got caught for cheating in ONE race, they lost the win the $ and the points. Anyone else get caught cheating this year and loose all of that...........I don't think so, refer to race #1 of the year.

The reason why they lost all the money ,points and win was because IT WAS A BLATANT CASE OF CHEATING, not a gray area of something and all everyone on the 7NY team did was make excuses and point the finger at some other part of the organization COME RACE ALL 16 RACES AND IF YOU WIN THEM ALLLLL CONGRATS, BUT DO IT LEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

hollywoodmic
09-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Jeff read my post. I never said anything negative in regards to the talent of the wmt drivers. I just said Ryan is more talented. That's why he runs in the Sprint Cup, no???? Again Jeff read my posts does Ryan driver a "Magic Troyer Car" or the same one that anyone else can purchase. You seem to know it all, what is the Maximum you can spend on a Modified Motor??? Bono has spent the maximum, so has a lot of other team owners......he still wins. Talent has something to do with that.

Ask Justin Bonsignore if he wants to drive a modified the rest of his life or if he'd rather win a few Cup races at NASCARS top level. Ryan Newman is a no talent hack, that's basically what you're saying, no???

As for your knowledge and opinion on tech, I guess every winner cheats??? He goes through the same NASCAR Tech that everyone else does. He's won 5 or 6 races and failed post race once, in your estimation he cheats at every race, I see. That is a very wise statement. Only Ryan Newman is cheating even though he passed tech in all his wins but one. NASCAR needs to hire new people on your recomondation because as per you, they have no clue.

Wmass I know Tony got the Carburator from the Carburator store in the Carburator box and put it on Teddy's car. It was a manufacturers defect right??? Not a blatent cheating move, it was an accident. So Teddy you keep the win, you keep the points and you keep the $$$$ because your motor builder said he knew nothing about it.

Wmass he got caught cheating in ONE race, what about the other 5 he won??? Are you like JEFF you think NASCAR just lets all the winners slide through tech??? Take a look at their stats they win almost every race they enter 16 out of 16 just might work.

Bob T. Racer
09-05-2011, 11:45 PM
I have a question for all modified fans. Who's the most DQed driver in the past 15-20 years in the Whelen tour, the VRMS, the Roc or the SKs modifieds?

MJProcko
09-06-2011, 12:57 AM
I for one have no problem with Newman and Bono running their modified on the WMT but claim they are just another team isn't quite right.

Not many WMT teams take their car and put it up on jack stands in the shop after Loudon and only take it down two to three times a year.
Not many WMT teams build their own motors with in house dynos like EGR that I'm sure gets refresened often.
Not many WMT teams have in house shock technology like they do at EGR.
The car is more than just an average WMT car.

You watch the race at Bristol or Loudon and you'd see how much better the car handled than the rest of the field. it was so good at Loudon that Newman slowed down to not stink the show up but had no problem running away when he needed too at the end. At Bristol he handled so much better he was able to be patient and pass when he wanted to. The question is not is Newman a great driver - yes he is. The question is how many of the WMT drivers could win in that car - I'd say easily over half of them.

wmass01013
09-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Wmass I know Tony got the Carburator from the Carburator store in the Carburator box and put it on Teddy's car. It was a manufacturers defect right??? Not a blatent cheating move, it was an accident. So Teddy you keep the win, you keep the points and you keep the $$$$ because your motor builder said he knew nothing about it.

Wmass he got caught cheating in ONE race, what about the other 5 he won??? Are you like JEFF you think NASCAR just lets all the winners slide through tech??? Take a look at their stats they win almost every race they enter 16 out of 16 just might work.

I understand NASCAR techs after every race BUT after winning the previous races they ran they come to NHIS WITH A ILLEGAL CAR and say the ENGINE DEPT AT EGR MADE A MISTAKE WHEN BONO, PUTNAM, AND NEWMAN ALL KNEW the car was illegal, dont tell me it was just a misunderstanding what was done to the car, that makes all of them look like fools

Goldy
09-06-2011, 10:25 AM
You watch the race at Bristol or Loudon and you'd see how much better the car handled than the rest of the field. it was so good at Loudon that Newman slowed down to not stink the show up but had no problem running away when he needed too at the end. At Bristol he handled so much better he was able to be patient and pass when he wanted to. The question is not is Newman a great driver - yes he is. The question is how many of the WMT drivers could win in that car - I'd say easily over half of them.

MJProcko - excellent point. Thank you..
I like Newman, always have - I like the fact they race this car - I like the exposure it brings; I don't like the fact they felt like they had to cheat to win, but I can move on. I agree this car is pretty darn close to the 2, 4, 36, etc - but also take note that they (Bono & Newman) have great experience in creating a set up (relaying what a car needs and turning the wrenches), from the Cup series that is being leveraged here. That car is on rails and I agree with MJP - I'd say maybe a 1/3rd of the field could do the same thing if they strapped in the 7ny - and that's no slam on Newman, more like a compliment to Bono..

hollywoodmic
09-07-2011, 12:15 AM
wmass when did I tell you it was a misunderstanding??? Or are you talking about them?? I said they cheated, they got caught now lets move on. I don't condone them cheating. I don't think it was necessary to do so. I think they would've won anyway. I hope a Tour team gives them a run for the $$$ at NHMS next race. I guess time will tell.