PDA

View Full Version : Justin Bonsignore

Bumpus
08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Way to go 2nd at Bristol !!! Great run !!

jack49
08-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Nice job Justin, keep it up:wave:

figure849
08-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Watched the race while up in the Poconos, Proud to say Justin is from our home track.

Dave A
08-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah i thought he was going to have something for Newman, Great run! Congrats!:cheers:

DJB74
08-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Here's something to think about.....If Ryan Newman didn't drop all the way down into the Modified division, Justin Bonsignore would have a win at Bristol Motor Speedway in front of a national TV audience on SPEED. What a shot to his career that would have been. We used to hear people complain about Busch whackers or Cup drivers who dropped down into the Nationwide series. Alot of people thought that was unfair because they were hurting the less funded teams that were just starting out. NASCAR eventually made a rule that says you have to decide which championship you want to run for. But now we have a Cup driver who is dropping down 2 or 3 divisions.....all the way into a local Saturday night short track division, and nobody seems to have a problem with it. The media hardly said a world about it, and NASCAR is apparently fine with it.

To me.....that's 10 times worse than a Cup driver running a Nationwide race. If anyone needs national exposure, it's the young modified drivers who are trying to jump start their professional careers. But instead, we see Ryan Newman just smoke the field everytime he climes into a modified.

Hollywood
08-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Well said DJB

bulldozer
08-26-2011, 10:18 AM
I agree in one point. But from another point of view it brings more people watching when newman is in the field like some cup owners and other cup drivers and lets say our justin (bieber) lol would of beat Ryan Newman then how much more exsposer he would of got. I would want him in there because i would want to beat one of the cup drivers and prove im just as good as them. Just my view. Im sure thats alot of other drivers view also.

Ka$h25
08-26-2011, 11:02 AM
I agree in one point. But from another point of view it brings more people watching when newman is in the field like some cup owners and other cup drivers and lets say our justin (bieber) lol would of beat Ryan Newman then how much more exsposer he would of got. I would want him in there because i would want to beat one of the cup drivers and prove im just as good as them. Just my view. Im sure thats alot of other drivers view also.

Exactly. This is ridiculous all of the complaining. Ryan Newman running a couple shows with the Modified tour is a GREAT thing for our drivers. I think SPEED does a great job to make sure it doesn't turn into a Ryan Newman spectacle. He didn't go out there and whoop everyones butt, he ran a good race, stayed out of trouble and was in the spot at the end of it. He was cruising while Justin and the rest of the field were pushing.

Justin Bonsignore would have a win at Bristol Motor Speedway in front of a national TV audience on SPEED.

Justin Bonsignore could have beat Ryan Newman infront of a national TV audience on SPEED. Maybe you don't think it was probable, but it was certainly possible. The difference Wednesday night was that Ryan Newman has turned thousands, maybe 10's of thousands of laps at Bristol Motor Speedway; and Justin Bonsignore has turned a few hundred. Experience counts. Was it any surprise when Justin's first win came at Riverhead?

Every driver should want to beat the best. If you're afraid of competition then buy a $10k blunderbust and stay there for 10 years.

byrnemtrspts
08-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Great job Justin. At the end Justin was running the same lap times as Newman. Oh yea the toe was knocked out too. Would of liked to see Justin's car at 100% at the end.

Scotty Wolf
08-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Wow!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!! Put my boy Justin in a cup car already!!!!!! He has what it takes!!!!

Jaws
08-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Ryan wins the biggest paying shows of the year.

TTOR
08-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Here's something to think about.....If Ryan Newman didn't drop all the way down into the Modified division, Justin Bonsignore would have a win at Bristol Motor Speedway in front of a national TV audience on SPEED. What a shot to his career that would have been. We used to hear people complain about Busch whackers or Cup drivers who dropped down into the Nationwide series. Alot of people thought that was unfair because they were hurting the less funded teams that were just starting out. NASCAR eventually made a rule that says you have to decide which championship you want to run for. But now we have a Cup driver who is dropping down 2 or 3 divisions.....all the way into a local Saturday night short track division, and nobody seems to have a problem with it. The media hardly said a world about it, and NASCAR is apparently fine with it.

To me.....that's 10 times worse than a Cup driver running a Nationwide race. If anyone needs national exposure, it's the young modified drivers who are trying to jump start their professional careers. But instead, we see Ryan Newman just smoke the field everytime he climes into a modified.

If we were seeing multiple drivers, entering multiple races I would have agreed, but Newman only runs a select few races each year. Newman's name alone attracts a lot more attention to the series. When he runs it usually earns the series even more airtime during the Cup broadcasts whenever they mention Newman. You can't really blame the guy for wanting to race in one of the best and most exciting oval divisions there is. The Modifieds are awesome, I'm surprised more drivers don't run them.

Nonetheless a great run by Bonsignore. I was really impressed watching his run at New Hampshire, had he had a few more laps I think he would have been the guy to beat. Hes been great since the Riverhead win. Bristol is just another chapter of what may be a long future in racing.

limodmaniac
08-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Justin, the Real Deal ( as my friend Mod11racer calls him) Bonsignore put on a great show. He will win another race this year.

As for Newman, I now hate him and badly want any other modified driver to win. Glad to hear a few other people booing after he won.

Ka$h25
08-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Justin, the Real Deal ( as my friend Mod11racer calls him) Bonsignore put on a great show. He will win another race this year.

As for Newman, I now hate him and badly want any other modified driver to win. Glad to hear a few other people booing after he won.

Now that comes as a surprise to me. Where is the pride? We're race fans, are we not? It's an honor to have Ryan Newman in amongst the division. No one complained when Justin lead damn near every lap of the tour race at his hometrack a few weeks ago. No one complained when Donny Lia; a two time tour champ, craftsman truck series driver, came back to Riverhead for a few races.

I think we should have that same pride in seeing Ryan Newman want to race with our guys. Not for the money, or the fame, but because these Modifieds are fun. And no one drives them better than our guys.

Jaws
08-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Now that comes as a surprise to me. Where is the pride? We're race fans, are we not? It's an honor to have Ryan Newman in amongst the division. No one complained when Justin lead damn near every lap of the tour race at his hometrack a few weeks ago. No one complained when Donny Lia; a two time tour champ, craftsman truck series driver, came back to Riverhead for a few races.

I think we should have that same pride in seeing Ryan Newman want to race with our guys. Not for the money, or the fame, but because these Modifieds are fun. And no one drives them better than our guys.

You are on the minority now, Justin is a Tour regular and local guy, Same for Donny. As much as they play it up as a guy with a race car from his garage the 7NY is a Cup modified team. See that name Menard on the car? They ave deep pockets lots of resources and did you see how many crew memebers were in victory lane?? PLus they got caught cheating!

hollywoodmic
09-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Jaws I'm sorry. A $25,000 - $40,000 motor, is just that!!!! Ryan Newman isn't the only one with one of them. Ed Partridge, Bob Garbirino, Mike Smiriglio and Ed Whelan just to name a few spend that type of $$$ on their motors. It's a TROYER Car, same one that Teddy has, same one that Todd has, same one that Bobby has, no????? HE IS BETTER,BOTTOM LINE. Justin Bosignore has maybe, with practice 500 laps at Bristol and NHMS, Ryan Newman has 10's of 1000's. How does that not factor in, to all of you people. He's a Silver Crown open wheel Champion (no sloutch) and he and Bono have every right to race in this Series.

No one ******D when Jerry Marquis roughed up Tony Stewart at NHMS a few years back why???? Because Tony didn't win. The problem everyone has is THEY KEEP WINNING. These guys are just better. I guess everyone forgets the success of the Sheba Racing team..........the one Bono used to maintain all the Modifieds for. Has a Troyer car or the motors changed that much since Jeff Fuller and Steve Park were smoking everyone at all the big races?????? It's a very similar chassis to what Bono always worked on, could they just be that good???? Doesn't previous knowledge have anything to do with the sucess??? No I guess.

They are not going to a Modified race and buying 16 sets of tires because they have the most $$$$. Their car has the same $$$ in it as the 16, 4, 36, 2 ect. I love that Ryan runs with the modifieds and I will love it even more when our guys beat them. It will happen. The 7ny team is a great team with a great driver but they spend the same $$$ from bumper to bumper on their car, same $$$ as the other top teams in this series. What's between the seat and the steering wheel has a lot to do with the sucess of this team.

As for the cheating, they did it, they got caught, they paid their penalty. Let it go. If you have a problem with the penalty take it up with NASCAR. When they were deemed legal at Bristol after the big controversey they still smoked the field. I can't wait to see the 7ny team at NHMS, and I hope our guys have something for them. If not the best team will win again.

I'm sorry for the rant but if you all like it we can keep our little, low paying series to ourselves or we can use Kevin "Bono" Manion and Ryan Newman (and maybe Kyle Busch), influences to perhaps help our drivers and teams to get the recognition and the attention they deserve and to go to NASCAR and try to get more $$$ for our series, or we can just come on these message boards and just whine about how they cheated at NHMS and how they don't belong in the Seires. Losing this team is not going to help this Series, use these guys to help us get what the regulars deserve, more TV, more $$$$, and more exposure. How huge will the story be when little Justin Bonsignore beats BIG BAD Ryan Newman next time????? The headlines would be a lot bigger than if Justin just beat Todd Szegedy. Actually no one other than us die hard Modified fans would know or care about it.

T_BONE
09-02-2011, 04:12 PM
IT WAS GREAT THAT NEWMAN WAS THERE. ITSHOWS THAT JUSTIN CAN RUN WITH A (cup guy) AND THE CREW CAN SET UP THE CAR AT LEAST AS GOOD AS A CUP TEAM!! GREAT RUN!:applause::applause:

mbgolfer
09-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Nice run, but his post race interview stun:disgustedk