PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, yes/no? Past events...

CJfilms
08-26-2011, 08:13 AM
As of now, there has been NO cancellation.

I've been trying to reach Kenny and Tina since Tuesday with no luck.... I'm assuming that (as with past events) the call will be made Sunday morning.....I don't like it either, but if you do remember back to some past events...

A few events since 2009 were on the verge of being called off and we ran without a drop of precipitation and/or clouds... We've been the only series that has raced numerous weekends when the entire east coast had been rained/flooded/washed out....this would not be a first if we did pull this off.

However, this isn't just a big line of storms, it is a hurricane (possibly a tropical storm when it gets here). I'm looking at the worst case scenario of getting people there, getting the racing done and then having to send people off driving home in torrential downpours and risking their lives just trying to get home....that is my biggest fear for this weekend...

I'm considering all possibilities, however even if I do make the call and say cancel for Sunday....I'm still not sure IF we will get a rain date and WHEN it will be.....hence the reason I'm not pulling the plug like I'd be doing already if I already knew that info......

Keep your eye on the forums...I will send out text messages, emails and phone calls the second I know what is happening...that I can promise!

I'm locking this thread for now...just an informational thread....