PDA

View Full Version : Remaining races in 2011...

CJfilms
08-31-2011, 04:26 PM
With the cancellation of the DirtStock event due to weather, we are looking at changing the formats for the final two events...

Normally, we would run DirtStock, Junk-a-Thon and then the MUTHA.... $65 entry + $65 entry + $130 entry = $260 in registration fees.....

We are planning on making both of the remaining races "DOUBLE POINTS", the Junk-a-thon will be a $100 entry fee and the MUTHA will be a $100 entry fee....overall saving drivers $60 if we ran all three....

This is to balance out the points fund for the end of the season and will allow for drivers to still get their money's worth out of the events....in addition....how about more laps?

150 for the Junk-a-thon and 200 for the MUTHA???? It can be done....it all depends on YOU keeping your car together... We've done 300 lappers in the past...why not a 200 lapper to wrap up this season....the longer lap races usually have MORE cars finish than in the typical 100 lappers????

Let's hear some input....

Philter39
08-31-2011, 05:47 PM
MORE MORE MORE MORE LAPS 500 fine by me. phil

NeetsSpectator
08-31-2011, 06:25 PM
4 laps per car.
# of cars x 4 = total laps.

25 cars start and the race is 100 laps.
40 cars start and the race is 160 laps.

glassmanjtf
08-31-2011, 06:28 PM
thats not the initial race schedule called for so why add more laps for some cars that may not last it's not fair to the guys that don't have that advantage. I"ll do whatever to get back racing but i think just one and a half points each race would be a good way to keep most people happy but lets take a count if people are dedicaded enough to respond.

CJfilms
08-31-2011, 08:15 PM
You said it there Joe....who will respond and who will complain about it once they are there.....

Alternatively, we could schedule a rain date for this race...the only option was October 2nd.....meaning:

Sept 25 - race
Oct 2 - race
Oct 9 - off
Oct 16 - race

That would be three races in four weeks.....that's a little much....

As for making them both double points....it would round out the season to the same amount of points as if we ran the full 8 race schedule....laps can be lessened or increased....Erin suggested 125 for the next one and 150 for the MUTHA...

I am planning a big ol' end of season wrap up race to show everyone how we can go ALL OUT....but that will be post points season racing...and many laps!!

BIGDADDY64
08-31-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm game for it. just hope the car is:):)

glassmanjtf
09-01-2011, 01:10 AM
That sounds like a pretty good idea let's get r done !!

Poppop
09-01-2011, 05:22 AM
:)I would prefer to run the three races as planned but you can't count on the weather to allow that. Put it to a vote among ALL the regular drivers and I'll go along with it without complaining. :wave:

Poppop

69racing
09-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Poppop took the words out of my mouth...I would rather run all three races but it doesnt sound like that is really an option. For me, I would rather run 100 lap races but I am ok with Erin's idea of 125 & 150 laps for the last two races. JMO.

Bmo
09-01-2011, 12:17 PM
I like the 150 and 200 lappers. Bring out the old days of racing at Williams Grove beating Phil all the time.

Bmo

Easy E
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
I would like to see 150 and 200

ohdeere51
09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Im in 150 200 sounds great!!!!! If we had run that race the car would have same wear and tear. Lets run um

Maddawg
09-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I really like the idea of 3 races, why not try for a Fri night enduro for both divisions or something like that, what the hell lets run Monday on Memorial Day, I'm ready!!!!!!!!! but if it has to be 2 races, keep the points normal and just make em 150 lappers.. 200 is really alot of laps, believe me I'd love to do it but on an asphalt track where my car and my body arent rattling to pieces

DPORCR312
09-01-2011, 08:45 PM
If it was up to me we would reschedule the race and run all three of the originally scheduled races.:cheers:

Erin C
09-02-2011, 07:54 AM
that's what we would do, too...but, with the banquet already scheduled and booked and limited availability in GV's schedule while keeping in mind other tracks so we don't try to compete with already scheduled races, its VERY difficult to find a date that would suit most and not just a few people...

CJfilms
09-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Note #1: Grandview CANNOT hold any races later than our last event, they will be bringing new clay AS SOON AS WE ARE DONE! They will not and cannot give us a possible late October make-up event.

Note #2: The only available dates they had were THIS WEEKEND and October 2nd. This weekend is both a holiday weekend and was forecast to had a wet(ish) weekend...at least it was when we made the call. October 2nd is right between two races that are already closer than normal to each other...

Note #3: We typically race 8 races - 900 laps for each division (+4 for small +7 for big)... 950 points total up for grabs... If we cancel this event in its entirety, you the drivers lose 100 laps and 100 points...points that can make or break a top ten or even a championship!

Note #4: And as Erin has already pointed out, the banquet is scheduled already and the month is busy for this place, so we cannot bump the banquet back....it's either we run two extended events or cram the third in there....

We have the option to race the three dates I posted above...Sept 25, Oct 2 and Oct 16...that is a ROUGH schedule to run three enduros in four weeks all the while trying to keep the car running on all 4 or 8.... Squeezing in the third enduro is an option, but it will mean a lot of EXTRA time wrenching your car instead of the normal time span between events to repair and maintain your vehicle....besides, when we have three weeks between races, there are still some people who don't have things back together from the last event.

My idea of adding 50 laps to each of the two remaining is to balance the books....it would be as if we ran a full 100 lapper and the points would also reflect our normal 8 race schedule. But, adding 25 to the next and keeping the MUTHA at 150 is something to consider too....it just means a higher price for only 25 extra laps...

I've heard from a few people who seem to like this idea too...
MUTHA - 200 laps....IF the amount of cars running drops to ten cars, we give the ten-to-go signal and call the race in ten laps....therefore, if at lap 135 there are only 10 cars left on the track, the race would end at lap 145....etc, etc, same as if it happened at lap 172, race ends at lap 182...

I think Poppop said it best....POLL TIME!!!

TEAM TAZ RACING
09-02-2011, 11:19 AM
REGULARPINTS ISGOOD WHY DBL THEM ?IT WILL STILL BE THE SAME EVEN IF YOU DBL THEM JUST KEEP EM THE SAME NO HASSLES FOR ANY1!!!:):applause:

TEAM TAZ RACING
09-02-2011, 11:21 AM
REGULAR POINTS IS GOOD WHY DBL THEM ?IT WILL STILL BE THE SAME EVEN IF YOU DBL THEM JUST KEEP EM THE SAME NO HASSLES FOR ANY1!!!:):applause:

69racing
09-02-2011, 03:16 PM
they will be bringing new clay AS SOON AS WE ARE DONE!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today. Clay?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

kclunck
09-02-2011, 03:43 PM
run 3 races

glassmanjtf
09-02-2011, 04:35 PM
I agree with Maddawg if it's two races 150 laps 200 would be good if we were on clay !!

Maddawg
09-04-2011, 12:22 AM
OK, here is my true opinion. keep the races AS scheduled and prices as scheduled. I understand we lost a race, and thats a bummer, but you can't beat mother nature. What would happen if it was one of the remaining races too?? would we triple em up and just run a 300 lapper?? and what if we can't run that either?? We would have to call the season as it is Now. So, it makes sense to just run the remaining schedule as it is and deal with it.. J.M.O. but I feel it is the most reasonable one offered yet.
Maddawg ;)

pete wharton
09-05-2011, 09:53 AM
no to double points. keep the race lenght the same 100 first 150 second

TEAM TAZ RACING
09-05-2011, 11:14 AM
AMEN I'LL DOUBLE THAT THOUGHT SINGLE POINTS!! RUN REMAINING RACES SAME LAPS:applause:

richardpetey
09-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I know alotta you peeps love to run in the goo........................:)
Different strokes for different folks whatevers good for you...........................:cool:
Cleaning hundreds of lbs. of mud after every race gotta make you blue........................:rolleyes:
Wouldn't you like to hear, feel and see what your car can do..............:applause:
Gotta suggestion, make it a true enduro, but you make the call................................:D
How about running 3hrs./300 laps at Wall..............................:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

This message approved by: The #43 and thousands of potato farmers that need their dirt back.......................:eek:

KennyWallace81
09-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Yo Petey, I'm with you one this one. I'd love to do a 300 lapper at Wall.

Philter39
09-07-2011, 08:22 PM
In the rain.

richardpetey
09-07-2011, 11:11 PM
I've run hundreds of laps on tracks where its rained...............................:rolleyes:
Drove behind 20ft. roostertails with zero visibility and never complained.............................:disgusted
Its amazing how bad your car pushes when the track is real wet.......................:help:
But its a lot more fun than playing in the mud, you can bet...............................:cheers:
UNCLE PETEY...................................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: