PDA

View Full Version : The rest of '11 !!!

CJfilms
09-02-2011, 09:50 AM
So let's see what you want to do...keep in mind, if the TOTAL number of people voting is less than 30 (approx. half of the current roster of drivers), I'll make the final call as the promoter and that will be that...

VOTE...if you are a current driver...
VOTE...if you plan on racing in these two/three events...
VOTE...even if you do not care what schedule we all pick...

DO NOT VOTE...if you haven't raced this season and don't plan on doing so...
DO NOT VOTE...if you do not plan on attending all TOW/THREE events...
DO NOT VOTE...if you are an official...Stu!! LOL! :p

Let's figure out how many RACES we want before we figure out how many laps we want them to be...

Also, not trying to push anyone out of the circle by saying "DO NOT VOTE", we need to hear from the people who will be there and who this decision will affect the most.

rustyboltz6
09-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I plan on comming back for the last couple races. I voted to race the three remaining races as scheduled. Of course I've been watching since June and want to get in as many laps as I can!! The other option of two races is ok too, but if the entrance fee is going to be more the laps should be more also. I think 150 for each would be good??? I like the idea of 200 laps also, but some of the cars out there, including myself, would probably be cutting it close on fuel??? Could have a mandatory pit stop and a re-start half way through or something??? JMO!!!!:cool:

69racing
09-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Not sure if your going to get to 30 votes but 9-0 might give an idea of the direction of the votes. When do you think you'll make the final decision, Joe?

Maddawg
09-04-2011, 03:56 PM
my vote is to keep schedule and laps how it was, and just deal with it.. so we lost 1 race to rain (Ma Nature) could be worse and lost more than 1
Maddawg

pete wharton
09-05-2011, 09:44 AM
im all 4 doin the 2 race deal cause oct. 2 is dover weekend and i usually go both days.

rk1714
09-05-2011, 12:04 PM
I would like to see all three races . But I would also like more laps!!!

glassmanjtf
09-05-2011, 06:10 PM
not sure how well this voting will works since there's a lot of guys i never see on this web site i know of at least 8 so how fair is this vote ??

STU
09-05-2011, 06:53 PM
I vote for a recleiner for the first turn flagger:D

Philter39
09-05-2011, 09:11 PM
I voted for all 3 races. That is what I would want. But considering Enduro racing is a low budget form

of racing 3 races in 4 weeks does not support that idea of low budget. phil

CJfilms
09-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Thank you Phil...

I have had a few phone calls as well interested in the THREE events, but they have all agreed that it is a lot....more money, more prep and less time for repairs...don't forget, a bad wreck on a late Sunday afternoon leaves you about 5 days to fix most of the damage and get any parts you may need bought, shipped and installed on or before Saturday.... This idea is not what cheap and affordable enduro racing is about...

Running two races is the same as running all three....in total, we will run the same amount of laps, less registration fees and pit fees, normal points...

Lastly, PLEASE only vote if you plan on racing these NEXT TWO EVENTS....I've counted about 3 people who haven't raced with us this season....Shawn is not in that count as he has stated he plans on racing these events....If this is going to be the deciding factor...I need to see more people on here voting or giving us their input....not quite 30 drivers on here yet....

glassmanjtf
09-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Then it sounds like we should just race the same schedule and give it hell and have fun i think we have had enough down time let's go racing !!!!!!!!!

ohdeere51
09-06-2011, 06:56 AM
I am in for the two races oct 2 is a race at nes. And or plans to race there have been set since the beginning of the year. it would suck for us to miss another neets race.

Maddawg
09-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Like I said before-- keep schedule same, laps same and all fees the same !!!!!!!!

team32
09-06-2011, 11:49 PM
I vote for two races...150 laps or more....and no fuel stops

Tracy57
09-07-2011, 07:43 AM
I would lOVE to race three more times but....Many people schedule their entire lives around racing (vacations, special events, weddings, parties, etc.) Pretty bad, huh? Adding another race less than a month in advance may affect some drivers who already have plans elsewhere.

Secondly, If anyone wrecks or blows up a motor- they only have one full weekend in between to find another motor, pick it up and put in or fix the car to run again. Many of us work full time jobs and time is a factor. This is supposed to be fun, not to be stressing out on getting a car to run again with a tight deadline. We choose to run NEETS because its not every week- and have can a life and fix the car before the next race. Also, If a part is needed from a catalog you may even have to pay more in shipping to get it in time.

Third- cost. I agree with Phil. Many drivers financially barely make it to the track. For us including gas/ food- thats about $200 a race- doing that three times in a month is going to hurt anyone a little bit. This is supposed to be affordable.

I sure some drivers in NJ and NY had to evacuate for the hurricane, the last thing they needed to take with them was their car. I'm not sure if PA was a "state of emergency" but I believe legally all events have to be cancelled or theres a fine.

Maybe for 2012- schedule 9 races and have one last one as "tentative" in the event that we have to cancel one, we still will have 8.

JMO

CJfilms
09-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Good idea Tracy! I like the sound of nine scheduled but running eight....the only problem is if people show up on the one we don't race! ....and it has happened before...

Kenny has been trying to give us rain dates for each race, I usually keep track of them and try to work around them offline...however, this past race threw us a bit of a curve ball when the following weekend was forecast to be another wet weekend...

After speaking with a number of people all with different views, I think I have enough information to make the call.....I'll be putting everything up online tonight...

Bmo
09-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Do the two with more laps or run as usaul

69racing
09-13-2011, 07:09 AM
I see the Junk-a-thon is posted on the main page with 100 laps for each division. Is that true or is there still a plan to run more laps?

punchy
09-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Just run what is scheduled!

69racing
09-14-2011, 07:04 AM
I only read the top page of the new release where it says 100 laps. I read further down and saw the next race is 125 laps with 1.5 times points and payout and the last race is 150 laps with 2 times points and payout. Good solution for an unfortunate situation with the hurricane. Hopefully ma nature is kind to us these last two races. :)