PDA

View Full Version : ? For NASCAR & Thompson

MOD11RACER
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
$50.00 Front Gate. $60.00 Back Gate.

Two 125 lap races and NO TIRE CHANGES !!!!!!!

I can understand that Chad Little and NASCAR have no idea of what they are doing, but Don Hoeing and Ben Dodge. What gives.

You guys have been around Modified racing forever and you now this stinks.

Has anyone from NASCAR, Thompson including Chad Little, Ben Dodge and Don Hoeing ever sat down to watch a 125 lap WMT event with no tire changes on a big track. Who thinks up this crap. This Sucks.

Does anyone in Modified Country understand what the fans want to see ????? PASSING, PASSING, PASSING !!!!!!

Mr. Hoeing do you expect fans to sit through 250 laps of racing without any tire changes ? Can someone from Thompson Speedway answer the question ? Don't tell me it's up to NASCAR. I'm tired of hearing that crap. Mr. Hoeing you are putting up the money so let's have some real racing. Not that follow the leader crap.

I can't believe someone with Mr. Hoeing's and Mr. Dodge's background would let this race go on without any tire changes.

This weekend is an absolute disaster the way it is set up.

I would rather drive to Canada to watch the WMT race again. At least it's real racing.

JEFF
09-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Where did you here no tires ? Someone wrote on here 8 tires for 125. Also you could buy 4 more for the 50 ?

RacnJason00
09-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Yes i did write that teams can buy 8 tires and 4 more if they choose. But I'm looking at the entry blank and it also states that cars will be impounded after time trials so you must start the race on what tires you qualify, but no where does it say that teams cannot pit...

gmac19
09-05-2011, 04:45 PM
teams were told yesterday no tire change , and the reason i believe it is because the southern tour doesnt change tires so they want the northern cars to not change em either

Jaws
09-05-2011, 05:00 PM
teams were told yesterday no tire change , and the reason i believe it is because the southern tour doesnt change tires so they want the northern cars to not change em either

Is that for the 50 lapper only.....maybe?

wmass01013
09-05-2011, 05:30 PM

If this is true it just makes this event more of a joke than the original thoughts with the maybe 10 southern teams showin up

modfan4ever
09-06-2011, 11:23 PM
OK so what we have here is ...The southern tour pays less for their nascar license , the north pays almost double,,so wants the problem here,we have to go by the southern rules ,their coming to our track so their should go by our tour rules, let them guys change tires like us ( or don't they know how to change tires ) we're going to have a lot of southern crying going on next weekend in the pits if they don't get their way....

Bob T. Racer
09-07-2011, 08:37 PM

So do they get to change tires or not in the WMT race?

BOWATCHER
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I say leave the northern teams alone let them change for there race only like we always do . Let the southern guys do what there accustomed too . These are individual point races right??? I really think the shoot out will be heavily dominated by the north. I for one would love to see this show successful and then maybe nascar could schedule a double return what i mean by that is have a combo race in 2012 some where down south like Bowman Grey could you imagine!!!! and then a return too Thompson or another northern venue. JMO

TMAC
09-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I say leave the northern teams alone let them change for there race only like we always do . Let the southern guys do what there accustomed too . These are individual point races right??? I really think the shoot out will be heavily dominated by the north. I for one would love to see this show successful and then maybe nascar could schedule a double return what i mean by that is have a combo race in 2012 some where down south like Bowman Grey could you imagine!!!! and then a return too Thompson or another northern venue. JMO

Northern WMT drivers going to the MADHOUSE,we would own the place! and i am sure alot would travel to that from up north.BRING IT ON

gmac19
09-08-2011, 03:29 PM
you can NOT change tires for the 125 as we were told this past sunday, for the 50 lapper YES,if you make the 50 lapper they will impound the cars and allow to change tires when permitted by nascar , from what i understand there is only a true 11 "south teams" coming and expect a bunch of "local" teams to come and compete under the "southern banner"

MJProcko
09-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Just a few thoughts.....

50 bucks is way to much but would still pay it and be there if I was still in CT. 35 would pretty reasonable though.

WoO can pay150k to win b/c they are the number one with the WoO - no one to water down the sponsorship money like in Nascar. the mods even rate behind the Nascar pee wee division (K&N) The only people in the stands for some of those races are the parents of the 14yos racing - it's like Little League.

No tire changes for 125 laps? another ride around and save your tires for the end of the race, you can see that Friday night. If they are truly seperate races run them under ther own rules....

I think any car that did not attempt a Southern race should not be allowed in the Southern portion, they can put whatever driver they choose in it. but that would make for a long heat race.

I think Bowatcher is on to something with a double at Boman Gray. try finding a seat for that one....

I think for next season they should go with more of a one tour approach with two divisions. 10 races ea. for the north and south and 8/10 combo races and have a national championship similar to the chase.

BOWATCHER
09-08-2011, 10:15 PM
How about run Bristol on wed or thurs. and while most tour teams are there schedule bowman grey for either fri or special sat show. bowman is closer than Canada !!! then later in the season do a stafford/ thompson double just some thoughts i wanted to share.

Gil
09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
When are you guys going to buy the tracks and nascar? When you do that you can run races with gigantic purses and charge the fans a $1 to get in!!!

ps: $50 is for TWO days.

Turn4b
09-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Nascar changed the Bristol pitstop format because the promoter wanted "LIVE" pitstops which included NORTH & SOUTH teams. I understand they are trying to keep costs down but this will "KILL" the show. If you ask most people the best race of the year was earlier at Thompson when Teddy pitted with 25 to go, love him or hate him it was a good show. I work on 2 top 10 Tour teams and even I was happy the fans got a good show. Look at the results page on Nascar.com, how many times this year has the pole winner won the race ? There has been a lot of "Snuzzers" this year. Don Hoenig & Nascar: Change tires you'll thanks us later ! JMHO.

Magicshoes12
09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
My opinion on this no pitting for tires situation is....It's a 125 Lap race...no one needs to pit anyways...its going to be your choice to play the first 50 or 60 cool and then turn it up or just go balls to the wall the entire race...Back in the day of the 125 lappers you'd see everyone go on one set of tires....I don't think its a big deal...Now what if the last race at Thompson was 125 laps and not 150 would Teddy have pitted then?? Go to the race enjoy it and see how it goes...who knows could be better than what you think it might be!! Also just want to add, It would be nice to meet up with a few guys there from on here to put a face to the name sorta thing. I'll be there all weekend and in the pits with Richard Savary seeing he'll also be there running with the southern tour!! PM me if you want the cell number!

Goldy
09-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Wow - they really are filling up that southern field much better then expected.. I didn't know Savary had a southern drawl.. lol..

Call up Kenny Bouchard, hell Geoff Bodine's ego might need a bost, get him in, well, he'll need a CD car - Marquis just dusted off the helmet; Polverari, get Cravenho in the back BRE car, Berghman - lets make it a family affair - sign Rick Fuller up..

Entry List for the "South" (http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/6808)

csg
09-09-2011, 11:15 AM
A lot of those southerners have northern accents. Good for the fans, it would be disappointing watching 12 southern cars do a 125 lap race on a big track like thompson. At least they are filling a field, hopefully they are not all start and parks. Might see a few of the SK cars run with the south anything for a full field. When they start painting numbers on the ambulance and pace car we have a problem. I hope its a good show for everyone. I will not be there I gave up on the 50 dollar show a few years ago.

Goldy
09-09-2011, 04:47 PM
Shoot... Jeff fits right in.. they do this kind of "roof stompin" (http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3178)down south when they win don't they?

Racer1_NC
09-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Nah.....most guys down here can't afford a new roof...

RGeeProductions
09-09-2011, 06:16 PM
When are you guys going to buy the tracks and nascar? When you do that you can run races with gigantic purses and charge the fans a $1 to get in!!!

ps: $50 is for TWO days.

BINGO!! We have a winner!
Racetracks are a business.

CynthiaTork
09-09-2011, 06:43 PM
I wanted to go to Thompson but the paperwork for a second mortgage wasn't completed in time.

Oh, wait, I could have booked a $100+ hotel room to watch 50 or less cars time trial

BigMac
09-09-2011, 08:13 PM
BINGO!! We have a winner!

...and as a business the tracks should be listening to the fans. It sounds as if there are a lot of modified fans on here who aren't going to the track this weekend because they feel the admission prices have gotten out of hand. That should tell you something. That means they aren't buying cold beverages, hot coffee, hot dogs, hamburgers and programs. These things all effect the bottom line. Also, if its $50for the weekend and someone can or wants to attend on Sunday only why do they have to pay the two day price?

CynthiaTork
09-09-2011, 08:20 PM
...and as a business the tracks should be listening to the fans. It sounds as if there are a lot of modified fans on here who aren't going to the track this weekend because they feel the admission prices have gotten out of hand. That should tell you something. That means they aren't buying cold beverages, hot coffee, hot dogs, hamburgers and programs. These things all effect the bottom line. Also, if its $50for the weekend and someone can or wants to attend on Sunday only why do they have to pay the two day price?

BINGO! Now there is the winning post

BOWATCHER
09-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Ok lets start now World Series at Thompson admission price estimation I say 85.00 lol!!!!!!

wmass01013
09-09-2011, 09:24 PM
bingo!! We have a winner!

easy to say from a guy with press credentials

RGeeProductions
09-09-2011, 10:52 PM

Ok, Mr. Know It All.
I DO NOT USE PRESS CREDENTIALS FOR MYSELF!!!(this year for tour races)
I own a NASCAR Tour license and PAY to go in!!! That's $280 outta my pocket and whatever the entry fee was/is per race!
I have missed 3 tour races this year and PAID to get in the others which I attended (which I think will be $60 outta my pocket tomorrow morning.).
As for the second 'BINGO', you can not say that economics, right now, is not a reason quite a few can not afford to go to this race.
I do not disagree with the statement that it is a bit high but read my first 'Bingo'.

shep 06
09-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Iam also a hockey fan I pay more than that to get a decent seat at an Islanders game. And that is for a two hour event.I dont like the price of ticket either,but I love the modifieds and dont want to miss this race.

TMAC
09-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Your a real pissa,you try and be a smart ass to the guy who operates the CHROMEHORN and TAKES A WHOLE LOT OF HIS TIME TO DO THIS.Take you smart writing and stick it!

JWfor8x
09-10-2011, 01:33 PM
...As for the second 'BINGO', you can not say that economics, right now, is not a reason quite a few can not afford to go to this race.
I do not disagree with the statement that it is a bit high but read my first 'Bingo'.[/QUOTE]

Richie, I for one can't afford to go to Thompson this weekend. I cannot even afford to go to Riverhead tonight where they are advertising $25 admission. Guess what, it is not their fault that I can't afford either one. It is MY fault. I don't blame either track. I'm just glad that they are there and hope that they are still there when and if my circumstances improve. Since I cannot afford to go to many races, only two this year, I want to say how much I appreciate The Chrome Horn. Thank you.

Racerjoe
09-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Just food for thought, my car owners idea actually.... "Cross Promotion" Last night at Stafford its no secret that the crowd was just (ok). Track owners, promoters should be trying to work together. They could of tried something like $5 or $10 off the front or back gate at Thompson with last nights pit pass or admission ticket from Stafford last night.. Whatever number they can think up... really what could it hurt.. I know its not some new idea but with all the tracks hurting with admission front and back, willingness to try should result.

csg
09-10-2011, 02:52 PM
yes it would be a good idea to cross promote the other tracks. Problem is aside from the occasional slip up by matt buckler who MC's at all three CT tracks they seldom a mention of the other tracks. They seem to be more or less competing for customers and cars and there isnt enough of them to go around where you can knowingly advertise for the other guy.

RGeeProductions
09-10-2011, 05:49 PM
...As for the second 'BINGO', you can not say that economics, right now, is not a reason quite a few can not afford to go to this race.
I do not disagree with the statement that it is a bit high but read my first 'Bingo'.

Richie, I for one can't afford to go to Thompson this weekend. I cannot even afford to go to Riverhead tonight where they are advertising $25 admission. Guess what, it is not their fault that I can't afford either one. It is MY fault. I don't blame either track. I'm just glad that they are there and hope that they are still there when and if my circumstances improve. Since I cannot afford to go to many races, only two this year, I want to say how much I appreciate The Chrome Horn. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you....