PDA

View Full Version : Start of the 1st 8 and 4 cyl

davis26
09-05-2011, 07:48 PM
We need to have better starts , in the 1st 8 the pole car was in turn 3 while the rest of the pack was exiting turn 2 , in the 4's sombody needed a push start and jumble evebody from 4 place on back ..... I started 7th but when the green was dropped I was prob in 13th ...

SP33D RAC3R 28x
09-05-2011, 09:10 PM
The 4cyl race was my fault... pace lap started and my clutch stuck to the floor (again)... ive been fighting this problem all year and thought i had it figured out... apparently not.
i know it screwed alot of people up..... i got to watch from the infield after getting t-boned while rolling in on the pace lap.
sorry again... ill try not to let it happen again :help:

davis26
09-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Well I wasn't singling u out , I was just pointing out there were some sloppy starts .....

don38
09-06-2011, 10:40 AM
The problem was that the #1 and #2 cars in the 4 cyl took off to fast, I tried to push the #3 car off the track then all hell broke loose. I have never seen a bottom of a car in a pace lap and that was in turn two:confused:

A69pizzoo
09-06-2011, 11:30 AM
The problem was that the #1 and #2 cars in the 4 cyl took off to fast, I tried to push the #3 car off the track then all hell broke loose. I have never seen a bottom of a car in a pace lap and that was in turn two:confused:

I had no idea the 3 car was stuck or I would have waited. Christian needs to fix that bag or junk it. As far as the 8 cylinder start I had a funny feeling he was going to do that. I was starting 3 and just watched him take off. He was a new guy so I guess the officials should have informed him on how to start the race.

davis26
09-06-2011, 11:58 AM
The officials should of thrown a caution at the point cause there were cars are wrecking under pace laps .... But u can't blame christian 100% cause there were cara going underneath us in turn one :cheers:

RPMcGrellis414
09-06-2011, 04:11 PM
The 4cyl race was my fault

I wouldnt say it was your fault you got it going pretty quickly, i was starting behind you it looked like all the other cars just took off and the whole field got messed up theirs no order on the starts. The last two races I got shuffled back like 5 spots before I even took the green! :disgusted On a different subject I just wanna say how helpful all the enduro drivers have been to me this season Ive learned alot and hopefully can finish a race soon just wanna say thanks to anyone whose helped me out!:wave:

don38
09-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I wouldnt say it was your fault you got it going pretty quickly, i was starting behind you it looked like all the other cars just took off and the whole field got messed up theirs no order on the starts. The last two races I got shuffled back like 5 spots before I even took the green! :disgusted On a different subject I just wanna say how helpful all the enduro drivers have been to me this season Ive learned alot and hopefully can finish a race soon just wanna say thanks to anyone whose helped me out!:wave:

As Bobby THE Pease MAN would say "That what enduro racing is all about"

PIT BULL
09-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Oh well it is what it is. I just wish it was a 75 lapper so I could have left with more money and a trophy. LOL

cerckl'm racing
09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Did I hear that right Sunday - that the first 8 cyl. winner was DQ'd for "camber"?:confused:

The Bullfather
09-07-2011, 02:11 PM
And he has an alignment shop! He used a laser and swears it was spot on, techs use a handheld device. Lots of his competitors stand behind his claim from what I heard after the races were over.

A69pizzoo
09-07-2011, 06:48 PM
And he has an alignment shop! He used a laser and swears it was spot on, techs use a handheld device. Lots of his competitors stand behind his claim from what I heard after the races were over.

It is what it is.
im going to fix it by there gauge and try again.

SP33D RAC3R 28x
09-07-2011, 10:12 PM
well my sonata is what enduro racing is there for. cars that arent quite road-worthy any more, thier time is up and they need someone to drive them for fun and give them a proper burial. we should not be looking for specific cars BUYING enduro cars for rediculous money and being forced to buy latemodel-modified priced tires to be competitive. dont get me wrong, im all about clean. fast and fun racing but the division is here for people who dont have legend/ charger/ modified money. it is intended to be cheap and fun and i think once we get that spirit back into the class the car counts will return.
im not junking a perfectly good "enduro car" because i seem to be running in a "ministock" or "minimod" division with it.
i think some people (who seem to have the money to spend) need to buy real racecars and stop destroying the only entry level division we have. im not saying i dont like the people we race with but we need to stop the wallet measuring contest.

A69pizzoo
09-07-2011, 10:32 PM
well my sonata is what enduro racing is there for. cars that arent quite road-worthy any more, thier time is up and they need someone to drive them for fun and give them a proper burial. we should not be looking for specific cars BUYING enduro cars for rediculous money and being forced to buy latemodel-modified priced tires to be competitive. dont get me wrong, im all about clean. fast and fun racing but the division is here for people who dont have legend/ charger/ modified money. it is intended to be cheap and fun and i think once we get that spirit back into the class the car counts will return.
im not junking a perfectly good "enduro car" because i seem to be running in a "ministock" or "minimod" division with it.
i think some people (who seem to have the money to spend) need to buy real racecars and stop destroying the only entry level division we have. im not saying i dont like the people we race with but we need to stop the wallet measuring contest.

I paid 100 dollars for my eclipse and I run used tires I get for free. My wallet is real small.

A69pizzoo
09-07-2011, 10:34 PM
I was joking about junking your car.

PIT BULL
09-08-2011, 07:42 AM
What it comes down to is there are guys who want to accel and go faster then there are cry babies who dont know how to better there car standing behind the old "wallet size thing" There will allways be the top five guys who piss off the last ten. I believe the last ten should pay more attenntion to there own cars instead of others. My car is bone stock and fits the rules.(accept for .9" extra wheel base which works against me) It is the fastest car in the fours lap time wise but I dont win every race. Should all the top five guys stop tweaking there cars so the back of the pack have a better chance or should the back of the back do some more tweaking to there cars?? If every one had the wallet theroey it would be a very boring race. There is a Saturn doing real well why dont you get one of those if money is an issue. I think George was letting his go for about $400-$500. When I was in the mid pack I was just happy to beat the guys I did. I was so happy to top 5 my first season no matter who beat me. Anyway Moving on to the Grands next season #69. However think I might pop up with the Benz some how to throw a monkey wrench in.

stockaderacing
09-08-2011, 03:58 PM
There are cry babies in the top five also

PIT BULL
09-08-2011, 08:02 PM
They are everywhere. But the top fivers usually have more at stake and more worth crying over.They also work harder to get there.:cheers:

SP33D RAC3R 28x
09-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Well i wasnt refering to any person or group of people.... it was just a general statement. anyone who feels singled out by my coments should check thier guilty concience :-B
the whole point behind what im saying is "enduros" are meant to be an entry level class that anyone can bring out grandpas old sedan from the back yard and have some fun and maybe be competitive. the problem is (just like every sport or form of racing) there are people who have super competitive personalities and want to do more and more to make cars IN THAT CLASS go faster. this evolves the class into something much more expensive and therefor less fun for everyone whos in it for its economic/fun value. :wave:
The "Grand Enduro" was created for these people to have a place to excercise this passion without destroying the spirit of enduro racing for everyone else.

The "tweaking" of cars really isnt legal anyhow.... everything's supposed to be stock. and adjustments for racing and parts changed or fine tuning cars is really against the spirit of the rules more than anything. im not here to complain about anyone in particular going too far with bending the rules etc....... my point is simple... this is a bottom of the bucket division for people with little to no experience and minimal money invested. noone should be BUILDING racecars in this division.
it has nothing to do with not knowing how to make cars faster or buying the "right car".... we are here to race what we have, old junk grandma cars and farm pickups that noone wants anymore.... lets try and get enduros back to that.... there are enough "racing divisions" out there to "toy with setups and car builds" in.
:*-(
Thanks for listening :cheers:
i know u were joking pizzo..... just had to be said.

PIT BULL
09-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Well i wasnt refering to any person or group of people.... it was just a general statement. anyone who feels singled out by my coments should check thier guilty :-B
the whole point behind what im saying is "enduros" are meant to be an entry level class that anyone can bring out grandpas old sedan from the back yard and have some fun and maybe be competitive. the problem is (just like every sport or form of racing) there are people who have super competitive personalities and want to do more and more to make cars IN THAT CLASS go faster. this evolves the class into something much more expensive and therefor less fun for everyone whos in it for its economic/fun value. :wave:
The "Grand Enduro" was created for these people to have a place to excercise this passion without destroying the spirit of enduro racing for everyone else.

The "tweaking" of cars really isnt legal anyhow.... everything's supposed to be stock. and adjustments for racing and parts changed or fine tuning cars is really against the spirit of the rules more than anything. im not here to complain about anyone in particular going too far with bending the rules etc....... my point is simple... this is a bottom of the bucket division for people with little to no experience and minimal money invested. noone should be BUILDING racecars in this division.
it has nothing to do with not knowing how to make cars faster or buying the "right car".... we are here to race what we have, old junk grandma cars and farm pickups that noone wants anymore.... lets try and get enduros back to that.... there are enough "racing divisions" out there to "toy with setups and car builds" in.
:*-(
Thanks for listening :cheers:
i know u were joking pizzo..... just had to be said.

When I see the cars with radios,air conditioning, tons of extra weight,usless accesorys still bolted on the engine, batterys in the wrong spot and crapy tires etc thats the tweaking I am referring to. It will allways be an entry level class but some guys just want to win more then others. Its only normal that mechanics by nature get involved it racing and have a little more advantage then others. It has very little do do with wallat size which, was the only point I was making. If any area of racing was kept choked down to the bottom runners it would be no longer racing. The whole point is to evolve and go faster. But yes after 3 seasons of the fours and doing a lot of winning I felt it was time to move on to the grands. As in the past I have offered my shop and help to the guys in the fours who are working on a top five. I will have two of them at my shop this winter for "tweaking" If the car count depended on the guy who takes his grand mothers car to the track the class would fold. Guys who try harder and win bring families, friends and fans to RR which helps keep the sport going as well.

DJB74
09-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I agree with SP33D's point. The Enduros are supposed to be at the bottom of the barrel as far as stock car racing goes. Some people don't even consider them to be real stock car races because they don't even have caution flags and they allow those crazy starts to happen like the one we just had. But no matter what the division, you're always going to have people who spend more time and money on their cars than others do. And as time goes on.....the division as a whole gets more expensive to run. The Grand Enduros started out as modified Enduro cars....but now they are full blown race cars that could run as street stocks at any other racetrack.

I bought my first Enduro car for $150 back in 1994. I can't imagine what that would get me now. Used cars are so expensive now that I'm sure it's a big reason why we no longer have 4 races with 100 cars in each event. Plus these Enduro races have a wide variety of people running them. Some want to gain experience so they can move up into other divisions, some used to race every Saturday night and now just do this for fun, and some people just don't have the experience or the time to do any other type of racing.

My car is faster than some....but not nearly as fast as some others. And I'm perfectly fine with that. The most important thing is to have fun.

davis26
09-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I was going to sell my old saturn until my lost power and was piled into on the back stretch and the ass end now drags on the ground , I agree with entry level and a cheaper way of racing but if u want to finish in the top 5 and visit tech on a weekly bases than u need to do ur home work and dial ur car in. When I say dial ur car in I mean experiment with tire pressure sizes and make sure ur car has a good alignment , Un happy steering makes for a long day at the track , my last car wasn't that fast but she handled like a dream

intruder400ex
09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
The guy in the pink caprice that was #1 i havent seen him b4 and was watching none of the staff spoke to him about how to start a rolling start so you cant blame him.

TTOR
09-12-2011, 09:41 PM

I couldn't agree with you more in principal, however this matter isn't up to the drivers it's the officials. The rules are very black and white yet the officials not only don't enforce the rules but they enforce them selectively for only certain drivers. There is no way Anthony was the only guy in the top 5 last Sunday who had camber, but somehow he is the only one who gets screwed. It's frustrating that you have to spend so much to be competitive in this divisions but you can't blame the drivers who exploit blatant loop holes in the rules. If I had the funds I would too. The officials have to be consistently stricter, for all divisions.

intruder400ex
09-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Greg Anthony is a friend of mine and helps me out alot but every car was checked that went through inspection Sunday. Walter is not one to pick favorites but they will usually pick one thing to really bust balls on each race and they should do a complete inspection. Also Anthony had the same alignment for the season and he never had a problem not a warning or coment and then they just decide to dq with no warning.

edit:
Also would like to say that Walter and Terry dont show favoritism while completing tech for what ive seen. They also go above and beyond while pointing out things during the safety insp. that would get u DQed during tech to all drivers. There only checking for safety not teching cars at the safety insp.

This is my observation only and racing has always been about the grey area to have a advantage, weather its an endoro or sprint cup race.

TTOR
09-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Greg Anthony is a friend of mine and helps me out alot but every car was checked that went through inspection Sunday. Walter is not one to pick favorites but they will usually pick one thing to really bust balls on each race and they should do a complete inspection. Also Anthony had the same alignment for the season and he never had a problem not a warning or coment and then they just decide to dq with no warning.

edit:
Also would like to say that Walter and Terry dont show favoritism while completing tech for what ive seen. They also go above and beyond while pointing out things during the safety insp. that would get u DQed during tech to all drivers. There only checking for safety not teching cars at the safety insp.

This is my observation only and racing has always been about the grey area to have a advantage, weather its an endoro or sprint cup race.

I've never had a problem with Terry, but I still have a hard time believing that Anthony was the only one to have illegal camber, I'm not trying to call out anyone in particular (I ran camber too when I was in the 8's) but walk down the pits before the race and look at the cars, most if not all the top cars are running a tweaked front end. Rule #8 clearly states no caster or camber. If they DQ'ed Anthony then I would think the 2nd and 3rd place cars should have been DQ'ed too. Again I've got no problem with bending the rules, like I said I had caster and camber adjustments on my old crown vic, but if the officials are going to DQ one guy for a given violation then they have to DQ everyone who violates that rule, or they need to update the rules.

intruder400ex
09-13-2011, 04:43 PM
I knew 4 of the 5 cars in tech they were checked and were under 2 degrees thats all im saying.

A69pizzoo
09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
I knew 4 of the 5 cars in tech they were checked and were under 2 degrees thats all im saying.

Ok the bottom line is I was over according to there gauge. Now I didn't see the numbers from everyones car. If im wrong im wrong. What I don't agree with is two things 1 the area we were checked on is not level. 2 what happened to the one race rule if you have something they don't like they usually say Fix it don't bring it back like this. And one more thing is that after the fact terry and Walter say to me we saw it before the race. Im pissed that they didn't say something then I would have corrected it.
Theres always next race and next year.

PIT BULL
09-19-2011, 10:02 PM
It is what it is.... The race ends in tech.

A69pizzoo
09-20-2011, 12:32 PM
It is what it is.... The race ends in tech.

Nice car you bringing it Saturday.

PIT BULL
09-22-2011, 07:49 PM
No too much going on to nab another trailer plus it has 4 yr old tires. Looking into having a two car trailer built for next season. Just makes sense to race two cars if Im spending a whole day ay RR.

A69pizzoo
09-22-2011, 08:56 PM
No too much going on to nab another trailer plus it has 4 yr old tires. Looking into having a two car trailer built for next season. Just makes sense to race two cars if Im spending a whole day ay RR.

I run two cars in three races its hectic.

RacinRob
09-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Steve if you need tires i might have a few take offs

davis26
09-23-2011, 06:53 AM
I run two cars in three races its hectic.

Yea but if he's running the grands n 4's he has a big enough gap unlike u with 3 races right on top of each other

A69pizzoo
09-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Yea but if he's running the grands n 4's he has a big enough gap unlike u with 3 races right on top of each other

Yea the time between the first 8 and 4 but the second 8 is right after the 4 cylinder now that's hectic.

davis26
09-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Yea the time between the first 8 and 4 but the second 8 is right after the 4 cylinder now that's hectic.

Yea but u r usually in tech so there goes ur time , yea u have a 15 min break but still ur rubbing around in that 15 mins

PIT BULL
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
I am going to buy a set right before the start of the season. I appreciate the offer.