bud
09-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Hmmm nice move....

worm
09-07-2011, 09:29 PM
they always have live updates

CTtoPA
09-08-2011, 12:10 AM
I don't understand why pavement tracks charge so GD much for entry? The Williams Grove National Open is like $32 general admission for $50,000 to win.

RGeeProductions
09-08-2011, 12:11 AM
they always have live updates

It's their race...

Gil
09-08-2011, 01:01 AM
I wonder if they will allow it once the place is filled? I remember when games were blacked out in certain areas when ticket sales were too low.

The Bullfather
09-08-2011, 05:57 AM
whose facebook page do we go to for updates? lol.;):rolleyes:

RacnJason00
09-08-2011, 07:09 AM
its gonna be live on Speed51.com and live radio and updates from Nascar Hometracks on there LIVE lap by Lap http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/6818

CynthiaTork
09-08-2011, 07:55 AM
For $50 at the front gate, I'll pass on Thompson, go to Star on Saturday (only $30) and stay home to watch football on Sunday

Bobby1717
09-08-2011, 10:50 AM
You can"t tell me that Nascar isn"t the the most powerful racing organization so how come the Outlaws and other tracks can do it.

I paid 46 dollars to go to the Knoxville Nationals this years to see the winner get 150K, 75K for second and so on....

The Williamsgrove National Open for the World of Outlaws pays 50K to winner and is 35 dollars to get in.

I love the mods but I just don"t get it

Mod Squad
09-08-2011, 11:22 AM
You can"t tell me that Nascar isn"t the the most powerful racing organization so how come the Outlaws and other tracks can do it.

I paid 46 dollars to go to the Knoxville Nationals this years to see the winner get 150K, 75K for second and so on....

The Williamsgrove National Open for the World of Outlaws pays 50K to winner and is 35 dollars to get in.

I love the mods but I just don"t get it

The Southern Mod Tour was at Langley last Saturday night, I'm stationed in the area and decided not to go (born and raised a Northern Mod fan and the entry list did nothing for me) anyway I checked prices and stopped by the track to see for myself.

As a "special show" with the NWSMT being there it would cost $15 at the front gate ($13 with military ID). I could have gotten enclosed skybox seats for $35. Normal ticket prices are $10 for adults $25 for skybox.

Having been to shows at Langley, Caraway, Friendship, Concord, Martinsville, Richmond and several other Southern tracks they are not very different from Stafford, Thompson, Waterford, Star, pick a track. Point being if people keep paying the greedy owners in the Northeast those owners will continue to charge ridiculous prices.

I live an hour and a half away from Richmond and the Cup race is there this weekend. I could have gone for free to that one but if I did have to pay I could have gotten tickets for $45. Not interested in the taxi cabs because I've already watched our Mighty Mods, Silver Crown Cars and Indy Cars at the track so Cup cars bore me there.

I guess the point of my rant is, tracks like Thompson and Stafford Charge what they do because people pay it. The only way that will change is when there are empty bleachers. Fans have the final say, but when you are a diehard fan it's tough to miss the race. JMHO

JMB
09-08-2011, 12:54 PM
The Southern Mod Tour was at Langley last Saturday night, I'm stationed in the area and decided not to go (born and raised a Northern Mod fan and the entry list did nothing for me) anyway I checked prices and stopped by the track to see for myself.

As a "special show" with the NWSMT being there it would cost $15 at the front gate ($13 with military ID). I could have gotten enclosed skybox seats for $35. Normal ticket prices are $10 for adults $25 for skybox.

Having been to shows at Langley, Caraway, Friendship, Concord, Martinsville, Richmond and several other Southern tracks they are not very different from Stafford, Thompson, Waterford, Star, pick a track. Point being if people keep paying the greedy owners in the Northeast those owners will continue to charge ridiculous prices.

I live an hour and a half away from Richmond and the Cup race is there this weekend. I could have gone for free to that one but if I did have to pay I could have gotten tickets for $45. Not interested in the taxi cabs because I've already watched our Mighty Mods, Silver Crown Cars and Indy Cars at the track so Cup cars bore me there.

I guess the point of my rant is, tracks like Thompson and Stafford Charge what they do because people pay it. The only way that will change is when there are empty bleachers. Fans have the final say, but when you are a diehard fan it's tough to miss the race. JMHO

I noticed this year that it was only $20($15 in advnace) for a doubleheader with the East Series and the WSMT at South Boston. There has been simlilar pricing in years past there too. That is not much above what some local tracks around here charge for a weekly show. Everytime I brought it up, some "experts" would try to say that somehow $100,000 costs more in CT than $100,000 costs in VA. I am still baffled by that answer. It's not like there is an exchange rate or anything.

Mod Squad
09-08-2011, 01:35 PM
For $50 at the front gate, I'll pass on Thompson, go to Star on Saturday (only $30) and stay home to watch football on Sunday

If I was coming home on leave two weeks earlier that's what Id' be doing too. Supers for the classic and the Mods run a pretty good weekly show. Go get 'em Jeff get a top 5 for Pop! SNAFU Motorsports

Bob T. Racer
09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
There's two ways of doing business. One is to charge a little less to get more customers. Two is to charge more when you're getting less customers. Number two is the approach that Thompson and Stafford have taken. The more fans that stay away, the higher the front and back gates get. The astronomical fees that NASCAR charges them to put on a Tour show doesn't help either. Unfortunately the more people stay away, the higher the prices will be. If those places cut their admission prices by 50-60%, there wouldn't be enough seats to hold people.

RGeeProductions
09-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Just wanted to throw out there that Denise WILL BE DOING LIVE updates Sunday for all the races!!!!
We will just leave it that we have been ok'd for this race. In the future, this may change for any media outlet....at ANY track....

RGeeProductions
09-08-2011, 08:03 PM
whose facebook page do we go to for updates? lol.;):rolleyes:

NONE. We are doing updates!

BigMac
09-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Oswego was charging $42 last Saturday for general admission the ROC race. So its not just Nascar and Thompson. That was only a Saturday nite show. A 3 day general admission ticket was $100.

Goldy
09-08-2011, 09:06 PM
This is all a very interesting topic and I was wondering Rich what legal grounds the track or Nascar has over someone relaying the running or finishing order - which is really what this whole
concept started out as on MSS back in our day.. from the concepts humble beginings to the coverage we now rely on - it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future..

For what its worth - I'm going..

Jaws
09-08-2011, 09:53 PM
This is all a very interesting topic and I was wondering Rich what legal grounds the track or Nascar has over someone relaying the running or finishing order - which is really what this whole
concept started out as on MSS back in our day.. from the concepts humble beginings to the coverage we now rely on - it will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future..

I could be wrong but I believe its up to the tracks just like with media credentials.

Glad they changed their minds and let the CH do it, Denise and Jim do a great job at every track they go to and have for many years.

RGeeProductions
09-08-2011, 11:43 PM

The track owns the show and can restrict anything they please. In this case, a NASCAR Touring Series' is involved and they can also restrict anything they want (even at a local sanctioned track). This can be live coverage, photos, videos, etc. They own the rights to the show. I really thought NASCAR had something to do with the 'no live' call but found out they didn't. Honestly, everywhere Denise, Polly, myself, or anyone else has gone, under TCH credentials, have been more then accommodating to us. I do understand and would respect any calls they make like this. And please understand, we were not singled out. Many venues were told this.