PDA

View Full Version : Big diamond enduro nationals, 2,000 to win

CAPTAIN
09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Big diamond speedway is paying 2,000 to win, we need 50 cars for the payout. All car will be on the track at the same time (4-6-8 cylinders). Your home track rules will be applied. The only difference from neets to diamond is tires. The race is this sunday 9-11, weather permitting, after the make up races from this past friday night. If we do not get 50 cars then we will be refunded 50.00 and we will have a regular race. The distance is 139 laps. Good luck to all!!!

rustyboltz6
09-08-2011, 10:45 AM
Chuck,
You forgot to mention that the registration is $100.00 to compensate the larger payout. That is how the $50.00 refund will be paid if there is not 50 cars. Good luck to all!!! :cool:

richardpetey
09-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey Chucky! Does the person who's gonna tech the NEETS cars know our rules?.......................:confused:
What rules will govern the tires used for the race: home track tire rules or BD tire rules? What are BD's enduro tire rules.........................:rolleyes:
Is it 139 laps regardless of the car count?.............................;)
For that kinda money, it might be worth playing in the mud again, if I can find a Pennsyltucky indian guide to get me there......................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RICK16RACIN
09-08-2011, 11:06 PM
HEY R.P I WILL BE GOING TO THE BIG DIAMOND ENDURO , JUST WANNA MAKE SURE THAT BIG DIAMOND AND NEETS ARE ON THE SAME PAGE IN THE RULE BOOK !!!!! :applause::confused:

RICK16RACIN
09-08-2011, 11:38 PM
On the big diamond web page it says " dot tires , no studs " it doesnt say a size and it also says "home track rules apply" since neets runs 8 inch tread width , is this ok ?? If all the neets cars have to buy tires you will be hard pressed to get 50 cars ?? I have some cars that wanna make the trip so we need to know , thanks

CAPTAIN
09-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Neets drivers run under neets rules, diamond drivers run under diamond rules, new egypt drivers run under new egypt rules. Neets driver can run 8" tire tread. All three tracks are really close on the rules. Neets drivers should not have to change anything. Come on peety, come out and play!!!

KennyWallace81
09-09-2011, 06:47 AM
I'm a little confused about the race at BD in regards to how the nights events will be run. From an eariler post I read that the make up race would be first (at 6:00 p.m.), then the pits and grandstands would be cleared before letting the Enduro race. From a practical standpoint, where would the 50 enduro cars/haulers/trucks be, while wating for the other events to get completed? I'd assume that by the time they finished the race, did whatever tech inspection needed, people packed up, and got out, we wouldn't hit the track until 8 - 8:30 p.m at the earliest, assuming pre-race tech inspections (for us), drivers meetings, etc.

I'd love to race this week at BD, but I'm not too sure the whole nights events are planned out well. Just from a practical standpoint, you can't have 50 cars/haulers/trucks pulling out the same time 50 are pulling in. Since I don't know much about BD, I might be making some bad assumptions.

If anyone has further details, please provide them.

gswracing
09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
my sister went up that way yesterday w/ her boyfriend and had to stay in a red cross shelter over night because of flooding & roads closed. the weather channel saying scattered t storms all weakend. better bring out the dot paddle tires.
jeff

McLovein
09-10-2011, 07:30 PM
They have done this be for the enduro drivers will be able to park in the back row of the pits while the mods are on and alot of enduro drivers wait till the end of the mod show to show up. As of yesterday there were 30 pre. reg. and almost all the regular v8 guys werent registerd yet. But I was told with 50 or not all run together.

Philter39
09-11-2011, 12:31 AM
Not related but I see The Captain and Eckert went out and raced at Port Royal. How did you guys like that crazy fast track. I raced there 2 decades ago and liked the speeds. Good luck have fun at BD to all who venture there today. I can not attend. phil

nscrchick
09-12-2011, 03:38 PM
The Captain had a bad night at Port Royal and ran into a pile up and the car was wrecked really bad. But he was determined to race Big D's last race and was able to fix it (after many long nights)and not only make it to the race but win it too! Congrats Captain!:)

CAPTAIN
09-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Port royal was the best track i ever raced on. From start of the race, we could race, no sloppy track. Eckert and i were racing in the back of the pack, went into turn one about 80-85, and ran into about seven car that were piled up. I had no place to go both frame rail were pointing north. Broke my tranny, and shoved everything back about six inches. I came home and took care of business and got it back together. If you ever get a chance to run port, do it. The only trouble is that there is no tech, it is basically run what you got. The car were clocked at over 90 mph. They were stripped down road runners- extreme stocks. We were lucky to even keep up.

Philter39
09-13-2011, 07:08 PM
I think a bent race car is a fast race car. That is why Captain won . Way to go Captain. phil