PDA

View Full Version : 9/10 Show

Ka$h25
09-12-2011, 01:14 PM
The place seemed pretty crowded for a regular night with questionable weather, at the end of the season, with school in session. I missed the Trucks and Legends but the fans in Turn 1 were absolutely thrilled with the Blunderbust feature, then literally looked confused when the chargers came out. A family of 5 or 6 actually got up and just left, walked right out the gate. It stinks because it was an interesting race knowing the points situation but with 7 cars, it's disappointing. Anyone who left missed another great race in the Late Models and it just makes me wonder if they should change the race order in situations like that. Maybe swap the trucks and chargers?

MSK27
09-12-2011, 01:59 PM
The trucks are treated like a red headed stepchild and it is a shame because they put on a good show!

Ka$h25
09-12-2011, 02:17 PM
The trucks are treated like a red headed stepchild and it is a shame because they put on a good show!

i kinda understand it. they wanna separate trucks and chargers because theres a few drivers who run double duty. but at this point the trucks are clearly the better of the two and maybe should be swapped.

Dave A
09-12-2011, 02:19 PM
no MSK27 that would be the Grands!

T_BONE
09-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I havent given this much thought but have the mods last and all other div. Start in order of car count the least number of cars got out first then the next number of cars next. Etc. The show would get larger as the nite goes on. Iam sure somethings wrong with this but i dont know what!

LetItShine
09-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Ka$h maybe that family left because you showed up?:cheers:

Golf Guy
09-13-2011, 10:40 AM
yeah if a family/customer leaves because one of seven races has a bad car count my guess is that they would be very hard to please anyway.

Ka$h25
09-13-2011, 01:24 PM
Ka$h maybe that family left because you showed up?:cheers:

Thats a good point!!! lol

You're right Jim and there's probably a lot of factors that played into it. Three young restless kids, it was coming up on dinner time, getting dark and chilly. It was just the dumbstruck look on his face that stood out to me when the Chargers were lined up and ready to go. Like "what the heck is this???"

TTOR
09-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Could be worse, I was at New Smyrna over the summer and they ran a Truck race with FOUR trucks, and one was a start and park. The followed that up with a 6 car "modified" race. But back to the point, They always space the Trucks and Chargers out so that the Dumicich's and Turbush's have enough time to get from car to car. I also get the impression that the order the show by "prestige" or what they consider prestige. Ironically it's usually the lower divisions Enduros, Grands, Super Pro, and Blunderbusts that put on the most exciting shows.