PDA

View Full Version : Rabenold Ready to Tackle Salem Speedway

LongIslandJam
09-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Slatington, Pa (9/10/2011)- Set to make his third start of the season in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards, Slatington’s Kory Rabenold and his family funded Kory Rabenold Racing (KRR) team are excited about the upcoming Kentuckiana Ford Dealers ARCA Fall Classic by Federated Car Care at Salem Speedway in Salem, Indiana on Saturday, September 17.

Rabenold has competed at Salem in the past and scored a 15th place finish at the facility in 2008. With high hopes coming into the challenge, he is determined to better his best performance on the asphalt oval, which is just over a half mile in length.

“This is a race that was circled on our calendar at the start of the year. With the way the budget was, we didn’t know if we would be able to get there, but it looks like we have that chance. I love racing under the lights, it brings me back to when I use to race Asphalt Modifieds locally,” said Rabenold.

He Continued, “The whole KRR team is pumped to head back to Salem and we believe we will do pretty well.”

“I think the biggest thing I need to do on this banked half mile is stay out of trouble. I'm very excited to head back to Salem because it's been a track I have always enjoyed racing at and I can't wait to do it”.

Although he’s had some solid performances at the track in the past, he and his team want to seal the deal with a solid performance, which will hopefully net a top 12 finish.

“In past races there, we had some problems with mechanical failures and handling issues, so hopefully this race will be different.”

There’s no doubt that Rabenold can get the job done, so keep an eye on the #03 Buzzy’s Auto Body Chevy Saturday night.

Driver introductions are slated for 6:45 PM and the start of the 200-lap Kentuckiana Ford Dealers ARCA Fall Classic by Federated Car Care will take place at 7:15 PM.

Teamwork and good people make up a great team and Rabenold is pleased to have the following supports on board this season: Buzzy's Auto Body, Dynamite Woodworking, Mama's Pizza of Slatington PA, Springhouse Eye Care, Ecco Communications, Brooksy's Beers & Barrels Drive Thru, Interstate Batteries of Allentown and Thomson’s Meat Market.

While his team is working every angle at bringing on marketing partners for the event, he and his team are focused on finishing the race in one piece and in turn, taking that next step. That next step is to continue to open up some eyes and show that the KRR team is willing and able to represent any kind of company who would like to jump on board our ARCA car. Kory states, “My goal is to do whatever I can to compete in more than 3 events next year and hopefully, next weekend at Salem, we will be able to take another step in that direction. We were able to use August event at Pocono as another stepping stone. We had a good motor under the hood that helped a lot, however, we just didn’t get the handling out of the car that we needed. We are bringing a different car next weekend and I am certain we will come away with better results.”

For more information on Kory Rabenold and the Rabenold Racing team, visit www.rabenoldracing.com.