PDA

View Full Version : Lime Rock Park

Goldy
09-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Call your local AAA office; with membership they have tickets for $30.. I think the front gate is $45 on race day..
Camped there last year for 2 nights, was great – it looks like they have a new “camping ticket” or something – but I still think it’s the way to go. The camping atmosphere reminded me of Thompson in the late 70’s and early 80’s (minus the firework wars over the creek) – but great fun, decent amenities with the bathrooms and shower availability down by the pits. Speaking of, big plus here is the access to the pit area with your general admission ticket – can’t get that anywhere.

Bring the folding chair, blanket, camera – plant your rear on the grassy hill and take in the turns over something refreshing (like an offering from their Harpoon tent) or on the outside of the track and see them roar down the front stretch and through the turns – or see how the mods maneuver through the chicane. Just a few of my favorite vantage points, but there are many more I didn’t even get to..

I know there are many that give a big thumbs down to this race on the schedule – but it’s something different and offers a lot for the race fan – it’s a real nice ride out there and beautiful county - @ $30 with that AAA discount and the pit access – you really shouldn’t pass it up.. I think if you go buy 4 new tires at Town Fair Tire they give you a ticket as well.. Just a couple options I thought I’d make folks aware of… enjoy.

JWfor8x
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Call your local AAA office; with membership they have tickets for $30.. I think the front gate is $45 on race day..
Camped there last year for 2 nights, was great – it looks like they have a new “camping ticket” or something – but I still think it’s the way to go. The camping atmosphere reminded me of Thompson in the late 70’s and early 80’s (minus the firework wars over the creak) – but great fun, decent amenities with the bathrooms and shower availability down by the pits. Speaking of, big plus here is the access to the pit area with your general admission ticket – can’t get that anywhere.

Bring the folding chair, blanket, camera – plant your rear on the grassy hill and take in the turns over something cold (like something from their Harpoon tent) or on the outside of the track and see them roar down the front stretch and through the turns – or see how the mods maneuver through the chicane. Just a few of my favorite vantage points, but there are many more I didn’t even get to..

I know there are many that give a big thumbs down to this race on the schedule – but it’s something different and offers a lot for the race fan – it’s a real nice ride out there and beautiful county - @ $30 with that AAA discount and the pit access – you really shouldn’t pass it up.. I think if you go buy 4 new tires at Town Fair Tire they give you a ticket as well.. Just a couple options I thought I’d make folks aware of… enjoy.

Hi Goldy.
I know that a lot of folks don't like the road courses, but as a fan, I love them. When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time at the old Bridgehampton track on Long Island, it was 2.85 miles and there was a lot of sand to walk on. We would spend the entire day walking around the place to see from different vantage points and it was fun. Later, my brother raced sports cars in Oklahoma and Texas for about ten years and I got to help him when he raced at the Hallot course in Oklahoma. That place is similar in some ways to Lime Rock and again, a fun place to watch racing. I would love to gp this year, but who knows, maybe next year, it it's still on the schedule, I can get there. Enjoy the race.