PDA

View Full Version : Top 6 Big and Small!!!

CJfilms
09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Don't think you all weaseled out of the Top 6 Tear Down because of Irene!!!

Still need the top 6 from each division to be at the track EXTRA early for this event!!! Top 7 in the Small Cars...tie...

FYI....not showing up early MAY constitute a DQ from the day's event...

Thank you all!

Maddawg
09-21-2011, 09:01 PM
whats the penalty for being a little late for Tech, I have a really good excuse ???

Easy E
09-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Why or why not tear down after??

Philter39
09-22-2011, 08:46 PM
When I raced at Williams Grove. After the big payout race labor day weekend when we ran Friday night under the lights. They ALWAYS pulled the intake and 1 head off the top 3 finishers and would randomly pull intakes during the year. They would also check for roller timing chains which are not stock. I placed 2nd in one of those races I had to open my engine up right on the race track. Note I raced that car the next day at Orange County with NEETS. I like the idea of checking engines. phil

CJfilms
09-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Don't be late Maddawg!!! That type of thinking usually bottlenecks the whole process when 5 of the top 6 think the same way..."Rick has 5 other guys to tech, it won't matter if I'm running behind"...

When all of the top 6 show up AFTER 9 am, then we run into squeezing safety tech in and around the top 6 teardown...

Ray, we only do this once a season with the top 6 in points just to "re-assure" the legality....getting a DQ with only one race left will knock someone way out of the points for the season...possibly even a top ten.... We do it before the race THIS TIME only so those running up front for that championship, WE know they are legal and THEY know they won't be DQ'd that day....

Technically, this would be our seventh regularly scheduled event......so should we be doing the top 7??? NAH!! LOL! I think Rick probably just fell off his chair reading that! LOL!!!!!