PDA

View Full Version : Only 29 modifieds at NHMS ths weekend?

Sluggo44
09-23-2011, 03:16 PM
This trend is disturbing

http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2011/09/examining-the-ever-shrinking-w.html

MOD11RACER
09-25-2011, 05:35 PM
It's not just the WMT.

Look at the ROC and the MRS. Car counts are down on both Modified Tours. I went to Dunn Tire or as I call it Lancaster last weekend for a 100 lap ROC event. 21 car field and only 2 yes 2 competitive Modified teams on that Modified Tour and one of those teams runs only part time.

Look at Thompson and the SK Modifieds. 8 to 10 car starting fields. Both Stafford and Waterford have had short fields this year in the SK division.

You have to ask yourself where will Tour Type Modifieds even come from.

limodmaniac
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
And I hear there are a few others who might not be returning next year.

MOD11RACER
09-25-2011, 06:37 PM
And I hear there are a few others who might not be returning next year.

If you no about some other teams then name them. I'm not looking for rumors. Just facts.

bud
09-26-2011, 04:40 PM
It's not just the WMT.

Look at the ROC and the MRS. Car counts are down on both Modified Tours. I went to Dunn Tire or as I call it Lancaster last weekend for a 100 lap ROC event. 21 car field and only 2 yes 2 competitive Modified teams on that Modified Tour and one of those teams runs only part time.

Look at Thompson and the SK Modifieds. 8 to 10 car starting fields. Both Stafford and Waterford have had short fields this year in the SK division.

You have to ask yourself where will Tour Type Modifieds even come from.

Rumor has a team coming from canada............

Acadia
09-26-2011, 05:56 PM
The Tour could lose some good cars after this season.

There are some good "new" teams, like the 51 and 98, but the loss of long-time cars/drivers/owners will sting.

And there are a bunch of teams that show signs of being very competitive. Hopefully they will become competitive instead of giving up.

I guess we won't really know until the IceBreaker.

MOD11RACER
09-26-2011, 07:06 PM
73 (Modified race @ Delaware) Cole Powell from Canada said he will run the WMT full time in 2012. I think he is 19 years old. I could be wrong about his age.