PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Bad For The Folks Up In NH.....

MJProcko
09-24-2011, 03:02 PM
They have a whole weekend of racing left knowing they have already seen the best race they are going to see.....

Awesome race!!!! It don't get much better than that. For all the pissing and moaning about the WMT it days like today that prove it's still hands down the best game in town!

PS
anyone else notice that Newman seemed to be a little off today before they lost the engine? Hmmmm must have missed the setup.....

limodmaniac
09-24-2011, 03:25 PM
That's why I have already left, as have many others. Just passed Tour Fan Ed on route 3 south.

Jaws
09-24-2011, 04:18 PM
That's why I have already left, as have many others. Just passed Tour Fan Ed on route 3 south.

Where are you headed?

BigMac
09-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Best race of the year and I didn't have to get off my couch to see it. SPEED did a great job. I don't know if it was me but the camera work seemed better than usual. A lot of great shots coming off the corners. Nascar held the yellow as much as they could today. I was VERY pleased to see that. Saved us 3 or 4 cautions. If they had held off throwing it for another fraction of a second we could have avoided the last green, white, checkers but I know they were trying so you can't fault them for that. On a sour note, it sounded like a few more teams may be cutting back in 2012. Understandable but not good.

bud
09-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Awesome race. More lead changes in 3 laps than the whole truck race!

ModTourMan
09-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Best race of the year and I didn't have to get off my couch to see it. SPEED did a great job. I don't know if it was me but the camera work seemed better than usual. A lot of great shots coming off the corners. Nascar held the yellow as much as they could today. I was VERY pleased to see that. Saved us 3 or 4 cautions. If they had held off throwing it for another fraction of a second we could have avoided the last green, white, checkers but I know they were trying so you can't fault them for that. On a sour note, it sounded like a few more teams may be cutting back in 2012. Understandable but not good.

All great points BigMac...though I still wish I had been there!

Analyst
09-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Sorry boys but the ACT race was by far the best race on today's racing card! Unfortunately, you only got to see it if you survived the truck parade that lasted 2 hours. Fortunately I can sleep nearly anywhere and was able to catch up on some sleep during that section of the program.

Teds Race Tours
09-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Hopefully, enlight of the Indycar prob not on the NH sched in 2012, There will be a WMT/ACT double header at Loudon.2 GREAT RACES Yesterday!!!!!

wmass01013
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Hopefully, enlight of the Indycar prob not on the NH sched in 2012, There will be a WMT/ACT double header at Loudon.2 GREAT RACES Yesterday!!!!!

Ted my idea would be to run an OPEN COMP MOD RACE, tour type basic rules, heats lap money good purse, OPEN COMP LATE MODEL, same thing heats consi

add like super mods

BigMac
09-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Never going to happen without a national series. Its too expensive to open the gates at NH. Don't forget, its a publicly traded company that owns NHMS. If they didnt make enough money with the IRL they certainly aren't going to do it with a bunch of regional series. Thats like asking the Pawtucket Red Sox to sell out Fenway. Just not going to happen.

CuriousGeorge
09-25-2011, 11:04 AM
GREAT race....Not only did I get to sit next to the LongIslandMod Maniac himself for the race, now I get to watch the replay from my couch. Big fan of Bob Dillner...nobody better to have in the booth to represent the Mods. I dont mind Spencer either because I personally love how often he mentions Riverhead Raceway. Wouldnt it be great if we could watch like this EVERY week????

Goldy
09-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Agreed George - so I was pretty harsh on Spencer leading up to this, but really, all in good fun. Giving credit where credit is due - the booth did a great job; SPEED did a great job - Dillner in the lead role was awesome, he really did the coverage justice and Spencer, well, he really wasn't that bad after all - they all sounded like they were having a blast covering this race and it's no wonder why - it was awesome to see the mods put on the type of show we have all grown acustomed to.

CuriousGeorge
09-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Agreed George - so I was pretty harsh on Spencer leading up to this, but really, all in good fun. Giving credit where credit is due - the booth did a great job; SPEED did a great job - Dillner in the lead role was awesome, he really did the coverage justice and Spencer, well, he really wasn't that bad after all - they all sounded like they were having a blast covering this race and it's no wonder why - it was awesome to see the mods put on the type of show we have all grown acustomed to.

Somebody should send a tape of this race to NASCAR...THIS IS THE KIND OF RACING FANS WANT TO SEE!!!!!

JWfor8x
09-25-2011, 12:55 PM

While I wish that I was able to get to NH, I have no complaints at all about the SPEED coverage. As you said, Dillner was awesome. The race itself was fantastic and I really liked how they emphasized Richie Evans and that's where I thought Spencer shined. I really enjoyed hearing from someone who competed against Richie. I just hope that next year, there will be more tv coverage of the tour. I know that I'm a dreamer, but I would love to see a Riverhead race coverred by Speed.

CuriousGeorge
09-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Ive been watching and rewinding for about 4 hrs LOL Great camera work, especially the little things. Love seeing the 93 and 45 heat up the left fronts on lap 98.

MOD11RACER
09-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Best race of the weekend by far the Modifieds. The best young talent of any touring series that's still racing and it showed at Loudon.

MOD11RACER
09-25-2011, 05:08 PM
They have a whole weekend of racing left knowing they have already seen the best race they are going to see.....

Awesome race!!!! It don't get much better than that. For all the pissing and moaning about the WMT it days like today that prove it's still hands down the best game in town!

PS
anyone else notice that Newman seemed to be a little off today before they lost the engine? Hmmmm must have missed the setup.....

Could not have said it any better.