PDA

View Full Version : Lousy Coverage by AARN

MOD11RACER
09-25-2011, 06:27 PM
As I started to read my two week late Area Auto Racing News Dated 9/13/2011 (which has become common) the cover page jumped right out at me.

These were the headlines:

Owens Out Of This World At Eldora; Big Supermod Wins For Stephens & Wood

Stevie Smith Ownes Tuscarora; Goodwin & VarinGet $10,000 Dirt Mod Wins

Colby Leads Yankees Over Rebel Invaders

What the hell:

Doug Colby and the Wayne Darling WMT Team had one of the most successful days in Asphalt Modified history by Winning 2 races and $26,950. But the story is in the back pages with the classifieds on pages 56 & 57.

This should have been on the front cover. I can't remember an event like this with a payout of almost $27,000 to the winner ever in Modified history. Yet we have no headlines and lousy coverage by AARN. If this was a dirt race it would have made big news.

Thompson Speedway also got screwed by AARN. No front page coverage, no mention of what Colby won on the front page. This was one of the biggest paydays in Modified history with 50 Modifieds at one event. You just don't see car counts like that anymore.

I guess a $10,000 payday is bigger news than a $27,000 payday.

AARN gives better coverage to the Wall Stadium Modifieds and SK Modifieds than the real Modifieds. What a shame.

Hmmmmmm my renewal for AARN didn't come two weeks late. I think I will pass on two week old racing news. It just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

jaFor
09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
At least in my case, the lateness of my AARN has been due to the post office. My mail carrier is a friend of mine and he's told be out on his route by a certain time even if all the mail has not been sorted. Newspapers are just about last in priority in spite of what we are told by "those in power". :mad: