PDA

View Full Version : James Civali Fired By Hillbilly Racing NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Team

ShawnCourchesne
09-26-2011, 05:52 PM
James Civali Fired By Hillbilly Racing NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour Team; No Replacement Named Yet (http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/)

Bobby1717
09-26-2011, 07:01 PM
As a Civali fan I am disappointed that he is not in a ride right now but on the flip side I'm glad he is out of the 79 car. That car is not a front running car and it did not do James justice at all. I know James had to take any ride he can get after the fall out with the 28 team but he deserves better. It was hard watching James in that car during the races. I would be looking over my left shoulder watching the lead pack and then I would have to turn and look over my right shoulder to find Jamesn the middle to back. I do not know what is going on with the 79 team. I don't know if its old equipment or how the car is set up I am just speculating. But when David Hill says he is just not getting the results and that he had to make a change. That might be true but when an organization has made several driver changes over the past couple of years and still does not get the results then it is a team problem a.k.a the Oakland Raiders. Mike Christopher (multi time track champ at Stafford), Chuck Hossfield (current ROC champ), Ron Silk (current points leader), Woody Pitkat (has had success in mods all around Ct.), James Civali (has much success in the family 29 tour car and 28 team was a title contender one year). Some may say that I'm being bias because I'm a fan but just look at the numbers. The facts don"t lie. I would like to thank the Hills for giving Civali a second chance at racing when a lot people felt he was done for what happened in he past. Hopefully Civali can find a ride next year that can put him in title contention once again