PDA

View Full Version : congrats teddy and the 36 team

bud
10-02-2011, 06:48 PM
enjoy! no mercy at thompson either!

BigMac
10-03-2011, 08:37 AM
If you like yellow flags, Stafford was the place to be yesterday. The SKs put on a wreckfest once again on Fall Final Weekend. Then the tour followed it up with 13 more cautions for 65 laps. I guess 2 good races in a row was too much to ask for.

MXCHAMP04
10-03-2011, 10:23 AM
If you like yellow flags, Stafford was the place to be yesterday. The SKs put on a wreckfest once again on Fall Final Weekend. Then the tour followed it up with 13 more cautions for 65 laps. I guess 2 good races in a row was too much to ask for.Yeah that was brutal. And almost all the trouble was in 3 and 4. I was beginning to wonder if there was stuff on the track over there.

CuriousGeorge
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Great job by the #36 team. Although I wouldve liked to see Justin win, I thought the race was pretty good and having the cautions is alot better than watching extended green flag laps with 1 or 2 guys blowing the field away.

Acadia
10-03-2011, 02:50 PM
I was at turns 1 & 2 and there were plenty of solo spins and slides down there. Szegedy couldn't get through there without sliding up like there was oil on the track. Maybe too cold to get good grip, especially on such a flat rack. Any word on the tires? Tires were questionable at the Thompson event.

limodmaniac
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
I hate cautions too, but, I think the placing of those cautions made for an exciting race. I had no idea who was going to win that race. Not the outcome I was hoping for, but still an exciting race. Stafford will never produce a race like Loudon can. But for Stafford, it was pretty darn exciting.

SUfan
10-04-2011, 06:35 AM
No surprizes here. We just had the best Modified race at Stafford in years and all people can do is ***** and complain- or say nothing at all. Try finding the intensity and drama that played out in this race in a Cup, Truck or Nationwide event- or in an RoC or VMRS "tire-saving" race for that matter. It's just too bad this Stafford event wasn't on TV because people across the country would see what has been missing in the big three.

This was a classic. How often do you see five drivers racing that hard for the fifth position with 35 laps to go. Bumping and grinding on every lap throughout the field. The championship drama was an event in itself. Then to top it off- the lead three cars were sideways on the last lap- going for the win. You've got a better chance of seeing Dorothy in Kansas this weekend than a race for the lead like that in the Cup event.

Acadia
10-04-2011, 06:59 AM
I think there were two runs over ten laps. That race was a series of restarts interrupted by cautions. Thirteen cautions, 65 non-racing laps, 42% non-racing laps, 89 laps of racing. That comes out to an average of only 6.85 laps per green flag run. Never had a chance to warm up the tires.

I don't care where it is, I want a good Tour race, and this wasn't one of them.

If this is considered one of the best races at Stafford in years, that's just sad.

bud
10-04-2011, 08:38 AM
SUfan VMRS Monadnock this spring 3 wide pass for the lead! Less cautions would be good in all modified divisions. Not a perfect world.....lol. I'll settle for Ted winning

BigMac
10-04-2011, 09:38 PM
I think there were two runs over ten laps. That race was a series of restarts interrupted by cautions. Thirteen cautions, 65 non-racing laps, 42% non-racing laps, 89 laps of racing. That comes out to an average of only 6.85 laps per green flag run. Never had a chance to warm up the tires.

I don't care where it is, I want a good Tour race, and this wasn't one of them.

If this is considered one of the best races at Stafford in years, that's just sad.

Well said. It amazes me how people can sit through 13 cautions and think they saw a great race. Blows my mind actually. It really does. One lap doesn't make for a great race. Someone should ask the owners how they feel about buying two sets of tires for 85 green flag laps.