PDA

View Full Version : Seekonk Grand Prix

racintodd
10-03-2011, 11:52 AM
LI MODMANIC you going to be organizing any races this year???

limodmaniac
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Sometimes, its just nice to be asked.

I'm not sure, but maybe this thread just made me start thinking.

I actually am planning to go to Mountain on Sunday ( I know, I hate missing Seekonk, one of my favorite tracks.. but I've been promising myself a trip to the King of the Mountain for years)

So, on Saturday, I was all set to go to Seekonk, but then Star rained out and they rescheduled their race ( another conflict) - so I was sort of leaning towards Star....

BUT, now that this thread has been started -- I just might have to change my idea.

So, if I'm at Seekonk on Saturday, I'll be walking around the pit area trying to get drivers to show up at the slick track.

Not definite yet, but I'd say right now 90 percent chance of some Slick Track action!!!!

limodmaniac
10-03-2011, 05:10 PM
This just in!

To any modified driver, attending Seekonk, you are invited to the annual Seekonk Grand Prix Slick Track race.

To be held, one half hour after the consi is finished. If no consi, half hour after the heats are done.

If you attend, and if you race at Lee in two weeks, you are up for a bonus at Lee. I will give 250,150 and 100 to the top 3 finishers at Lee who also attended the Slick Track action!

If you are not planning on Lee, feel free to attend the slick track race simply for the bragging rights of King of the Slick Track!

modracer13
10-03-2011, 05:33 PM
sounds great LImm ill be there!

Racerjoe
10-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm an absolute in.......... Cant wait !!

racintodd
10-04-2011, 05:46 PM
We are undecided on Star or Seekonk this weekend, but that extra $500 cash bonus at the start finish line last year was pretty cool.

limodmaniac
10-04-2011, 09:32 PM
I am putting up 500 this year again, but since I won't be at Seekonk on Sunday, that money will be paid out to the top 3 drivers at Lee ( who show up at the slick track Saturday night.)

If any of my friends out there want to help out, I'm looking for another 500 donation so I can double the payout. Looking for one big 500 sponsor or 100 from 5 people. Or ten people at 50 bucks each. Let me know if you'd like to help out.

limodmaniac
10-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Also looking for fans from the Chromehorn to show up and have some fun on the slick track. It's worth the drive to Seekonk just for the slick track. Come have some fun!!!

So far Joe Doucette and Steve Masse official entries into the slick track action. Who else is coming?

LegendCar20
10-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Undecided on going....

Maybe taking the Legend Car to Star after modified quailfying.

Decisions Decisions.

limodmaniac
10-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Thank You to Mr. Wayne Darling.

It now appears that the drivers who support the slick track race will not only be up for a 250/150/100 bonus at Lee, but also the same bonus at Seekonk!

Weather looks great for some slick track racing!

bud
10-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Steve are u running lee?

modracer13
10-05-2011, 11:12 PM
if all goes well at seekonk

SUfan
10-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Les Hinckley filed his entry for the Slick Track race today.

limodmaniac
10-09-2011, 07:57 AM
15 modified drivers took part in the action at the Seekonk Grand Prix last night. A great time was had by all. Todd Annarumo took the first feature win after Les Hinckley lost the lead on the final lap of the race. Todd, given the dreaded number two kart for the nightcap, lost it on the first turn of the first lap.

Rob Goodenough won the 2nd feature. Dwight Jarvis was turning in a great run until he was taken out.

Yours truly put on a great run throughout the night, I expect a modified ride to be offered to me any day now!

Thanks to everyone who showed up. Good luck today at Seekonk.

Special mention to Joe Doucette and his son for some great racing and to the 12 modified crew for helping me keep track of who the heck was wining the races and to the 19 David Schneider team for some great racing throughout the night!

See you at Lee

phillie
10-09-2011, 11:00 PM
thanks modmaniac the 28 crew had a blast!