PDA

View Full Version : Wow glen and silk!

bud
10-16-2011, 07:19 PM
You drove that car like you drew the big carb! I'm obviously a Tc fan but was cheering for you the last 20 laps. You withstood a lot of pressure!

Also Congrats to Mr Silk. I beat you up a bit earlier in the yr. After the day you had today.....enjoy!

Goldy
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
It's ok folks, we can talk about it..
Soooooo... that was some race there yesterday hummmmmm? discuss...

Congrats to Ronnie Silk and team and its always great to see a first time winner, way to go Glen!!

jaFor
10-17-2011, 03:27 PM
:confused:

Goldy posted <Soooooo... that was some race there yesterday hummmmmm? discuss... >

THAT... was a joke... and a bad one! Just ask the owners who have to pay for all that carnage...

The answer to the question of what NASCAR will do to help the modifieds is nothing. What they HAVE to do is start setting some the "cowboys" down and fining them. Chad must have a "blind spot" in his windshield if he can't see what's going on. Teddy "Divebomber" Christopher get's away with it so everybody copies him (ie: Bonsignor yesterday). It's not racing anymore... it's survival! :mad:

bud
10-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Some series and or tracks park you if you're the cause of three cautions. Might not be a bad idea. God if we had to go 100 green flag laps like the VMRS there might not have been anyone left!

Linda
10-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Congrat to Glen Reen!!!:applause: It was so awesome to see Glen win knowing he has limited funds to race. Congrats to Ron Silk and team for their championship as well.

whelenguy
10-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I have been reading the threads on this site all season long and I want to thank everyone for their interest and support of the NWMT. The ideas expressed are entertaining and informative. You all display your passion for modifieds and your desire to make the NWMT better and I appreciate that very much.

I avoid commenting on some posts that are inaccurate from the uninformed but use many of the thoughts and feelings expressed as a basis for trying to make some changes within the Tour that will benefit the drivers, teams and most importantly the fans. Without each of you there would not be a NWMT. Without your support we would not be able to race and I would have no interest in continuing to sponsor the Tour.

Whelen has completed 7 years of sponsorship and we are committed to 8 more years.

Thank you for your support and keep the conversations going. I appreciate all of you.

MOD11RACER
10-17-2011, 07:23 PM
A big Thank You to Whelen for the support you give to the Greatest sport and Division in the World. THE MODIFIEDS.

Phil you're the best and everybody loves seeing you at the race track.

Any time I can watch the Modifieds I feel very lucky and yesterday wasn't any different. I loved the intense racing and everybody driving to win the race. No holding back racing that's what I like and that's what Modifieds are built to do. If you want to see strategy watch Cup racing. Went to all 16 WMT events and loved every one of them.

Jaws
10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
I have been reading the threads on this site all season long and I want to thank everyone for their interest and support of the NWMT. The ideas expressed are entertaining and informative. You all display your passion for modifieds and your desire to make the NWMT better and I appreciate that very much.

I avoid commenting on some posts that are inaccurate from the uninformed but use many of the thoughts and feelings expressed as a basis for trying to make some changes within the Tour that will benefit the drivers, teams and most importantly the fans. Without each of you there would not be a NWMT. Without your support we would not be able to race and I would have no interest in continuing to sponsor the Tour.

Whelen has completed 7 years of sponsorship and we are committed to 8 more years.

Thank you for your support and keep the conversations going. I appreciate all of you.

Phil, you are more than welcome to come on any board and post, you have done more for short track racing than almost anyone out there.

Thank you for what you do and we look forward to the next 8 years (And beyond).

The fact you attend so many races to support the tour. It shows your commitment and is always a pleasure to chat for a few minutes.

See you next year and thanks again.

MXCHAMP04
10-17-2011, 10:35 PM
That was the best modified day possible. I predicted before the season started that Silk would win the championship. What I like most about him is he is very honest as witnessed by his comments after the ice breaker in which he made a mistake and hit stefanik and admitted that he was at fault. That's a stand up guy and shows good character, contrary to other drivers who blame others even after they wreck people, even sometimes after the race has ended.

And I was super happy for Glen Reen. From one former motocross racer to another, I couldn't have been more happy for him. It's very difficult for motocross racers to try car racing as we are wired differently to go fast on a bike vs a car. All those cautions were killing me praying he would hold on.

Acadia
10-18-2011, 01:10 AM
jaFor, this is TC country around here. Thou shalt not speak truthfully about TC. ;)

I counted TC as the cause of at least three accidents, the last taking himself out.

Congrats to Silk and the 6 team. Geez, that couldn't have been anymore dramatic.

Phil K., if you have any influence, you have to get Chad & Co. to do something about the stupid driving. It's incredibly obvious and certain drivers need to be on very short leashes. That was a disaster. Many years ago, people went to watch the crashes, but I don't think that is the case anymore, that's a minority. Bud, what do you think? There is the joke that goes something like this, "I went to the ice rink and a hockey game broke out." For those of you not familiar with hockey, this joke came about when fighting was all too common. Nowadays, I go to the track and I'm surprised when a race breaks out. There are way too many cautions, and way too many races like what happened yesterday. These events are not races but a concatenation of restarts that are overwhelmingly less than ten laps. That's not racing. The people in the stands are disgusted at this type of result. I watch the people when these stupid wrecks happen and the fans don't like it. Wrecking is not racing. People are paying to see racing, not wrecking. I was watching people leaving long before the 150 lap mark, just disgusted.

With the couple events that had dysfunctional quantities of cautions, and the brazen high profile cheating at the Icebreaker and Loudon race, this was not a great year for the Tour.

There were 14 DNFs on Sunday. The stats on how bad that event was are staggering. Look at the Twitter feed for NASCAR - Jason Cunningham.

The NHRA fines cars for oiling the track, and it works. There are far less NHRA cars blowing up. The NWMT should do the same for putting any fluid on the track, and for driving that is unacceptable and detrimental to Modified racing.

Phil K., thanks for all the support. I can't believe it's been 7 years already. Whenever I see blue flashing lights behind me, I think of you. ;)

Bud, thanks for the invite, but I'll probably pass. I'm sure we'd have a hoot! I really would like to spend time with you and explain a few things to you. I do think you would understand if you just had the right information presented to you. Forums such as these that are loaded with advocates are not a great place to get accurate and objective information. I might go, and if I do, I'm sure I can find you.

:confused:

Goldy posted <Soooooo... that was some race there yesterday hummmmmm? discuss... >

THAT... was a joke... and a bad one! Just ask the owners who have to pay for all that carnage...

The answer to the question of what NASCAR will do to help the modifieds is nothing. What they HAVE to do is start setting some the "cowboys" down and fining them. Chad must have a "blind spot" in his windshield if he can't see what's going on. Teddy "Divebomber" Christopher get's away with it so everybody copies him (ie: Bonsignor yesterday). It's not racing anymore... it's survival! :mad:

bud
10-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Yup be wearing a 25 shirt next yr.... pretty sure anyway

limodmaniac
10-18-2011, 05:19 PM
1. Thanks to Phil. But we have to get you to Riverhead!

2. Congrats to Glen Reen. As we know behind every good driver is a great pit crew and also crew chief? Who was the guy turning the wrenches, setting up the car and getting that 17 to run as well as it did?

3. Any race that has that many cautions and wrecks can't be called a great race.But I left there high as a kite because the race had more drama than you can get on a soap opera. Who was going to win the championship? Who was going to win the race? We really didn't know until the very end.

4. Before we went to the race , we talked about how this race had the makings of a front page headline. Would Solomito or Preece win in their first time out with a new team? Would 51 win one for the Trinca family? Would Silk take down his first championship? Would Civali take home the win after being reunited with the 28 team? Would the 4 win and give Troyer Bob a final victory? Would Stefanik win in the 86 car? Lots of guys wanting to have that special headline. Probably added to the number of cautions and definitely added to the drama. And by the way, we never even mentioned the 17 winning! Now that's a headline story!!!

5. Teddy Baxter does a great bus trip!

6. And because this race was won by the 17 - again Congrats to the 17 team and Glen Reen!

BOWATCHER
10-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Whats the story around Troyer Bob?

limodmaniac
10-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Saw in Area Auto and I think they announced at Thompson, that he would not be working on the 4 team next year.

He does have some good ideas about how Nascar can help the modifieds. I hope he gets to share those ideas with Nascar.

uticamike
10-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Saw in Area Auto and I think they announced at Thompson, that he would not be working on the 4 team next year.

He does have some good ideas about how Nascar can help the modifieds. I hope he gets to share those ideas with Nascar.

Word around here is Bob is retiring. He's won at the highest level and Troyer cars are tops in the Modified world. I think he's earned it.