PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the Precision Automotive Top 5 Contest

cornellsgt12
10-17-2011, 12:37 PM
I want to thank those responsible for for the Top 5 contest that TCH makes available.

I think I set a record for futility by not scoring any points for the Thompson World Series of Racing.

Hope the administrators decide to continue the tradition of the contest in the future.

Goldy
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Right - thanks Precision Automotive.. great fun..

.. what a disaster pick 5... I might have got negative points yesterday if that's even possible.. who'd a thunk it??

Curses (congrats) to Mod11racer who had the audacity to pick Preece for the pole - seriously though, great pick - fun season. Thanks..

RGeeProductions
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I want to thank those responsible for for the Top 5 contest that TCH makes available.

I think I set a record for futility by not scoring any points for the Thompson World Series of Racing.

Hope the administrators decide to continue the tradition of the contest in the future.

Rich...
Quickly looking over Thompson's Top 5 picks... I think there are going to be MANY with 0 points for the first time since there has been a Top 5 contest!!!!

JWfor8x
10-17-2011, 05:52 PM

I think I'm part of the futility tie. I had a lot of fun with the contest and want to add my thanks. It has to be a lot of work to do and it is appreciated.

mod4r6fan
10-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Rich,Thanks for all the time you put in for us to have fun

Bob T. Racer
10-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I want to thank Richie for all the time he puts into this because i know how much work it is to do it!! I'd also like to thank Linda and Norm for Sponsoring this contest, it's a blast to do when you can only get to a few races a year.

ModTourMan
10-17-2011, 10:29 PM
Yes, a big "thanks" to all involved. I enjoyed playing again this year...even though I finished deep down in the point tally...as usual! You have to be impressed with my consistency lol! Congrats to the winners!

MJProcko
10-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Thanks to Linda, Norm and Rich for their continued giving to the modifieds and their support of this site. Thank you.

Sadly, my picks were unable to circle the track like Silk and save me a top 5 :-)

Axel
10-18-2011, 08:41 AM
great job Richie, Linda and Norm. I did not play this year since i frogot to put my picks in for the first race (I am too competitive for my own good).

Richie- I know first hand how hard it is to crunch those racing numbers. Linda and Norm -- thanks for your support of pick-5, give us racing geeks a chance to be champs too!

limodmaniac
10-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Some of us play to win, and some of us play to have fun - and some of us pick our favorites (3,40,52,51, etc) and leave off certain guys( TC?) and end up in 38th place or something embarrassing like that.

Two things I've learned - after leaving off Coby at a track he normally sucks at - Riverhead - he ends up with a top 5 finish. From that point on - I promised never to leave him off my pick five.

Then , Matty Hirschman - another favorite of mine - I pick him every week ( ok maybe i left you off at Lime Rock ) but finally decided to leave MH off my pick five at Thompson. Sure sounded like a smart move when he crashed in time trials. But then, Matty goes out and gets 3rd in the race after starting dead last. I promise never to leave him off my pick five again.

Thanks for doing this! It's a lot of fun even if I do end up with zero points this week at Thompson!

Moa57
10-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I would also like to offer my thanks for running this contest, Precision for putting up the prizes and to Richie for all of the hard work in tabulating and trying to understand (LOL) all of the pics. It's always alot of fun to compete in this contest. Until next year..........