PDA

View Full Version : My favorite story from Thompson- not to be overlooked

limodmaniac
10-19-2011, 06:41 AM
http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2011/10/fast-to-the-front-18year-old-w.html

Linda
10-19-2011, 08:40 AM
That is a really cool story! It's actually amazing to me how drivers like Rudolph and Preece etc., how awesome they are as drivers and being so young and now this story about Glen's crew chief... Glen drove Wade's backup car at Loudon in August and brought along a few of his crew. Both Glen and his crew are extremely nice and were a huge help to the team. Thanks for posting a link to the story.

JWfor8x
10-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Very good story.
I'm a dope, so I was thinking that Brian Ross might somehow have been Brian Ross the driver of days gone bye form Balston Spa, NY. I was happy for Glen Reen getting his first tour win at Thompson, but reading that story made it even better, thanks.

Acadia
10-19-2011, 12:30 PM
This is what Modified racing is supposed to be all about!

Bobby1717
10-19-2011, 07:59 PM
This is a great story. Here is a kid who just wanted to get involved and look what happens when someone is given a chance. This was his first year as crew chief of the 21 car at Stafford and that car ran the best it ever did even when it was numbered 45 in the past. Obviously having Glen as a driver helps as well. So many guys dream of being a crew chief and winning a tour race but to do it on your first try is something else.