PDA

View Full Version : whats best

tbirdracer
10-22-2011, 06:50 PM
I am thinking of building a 4 cyl car for next year. what is the fastest and best car to race in. not sure if i am racing but who know. info will be helpful, :confused:

STU
10-22-2011, 07:32 PM
I would say a cavalier or sunfire. No, not the fastest, but there are millions of them still on the road. That means spare parts are a dime a dozen at any junkyard. Plus the 2.2 motor is pretty reliable. JMO

BIGDADDY64
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
in my opinion the saturns seem to be the fastest. our team has a cav. with a 2.2 and we believe it is evil. it seams to be fastest car when on the track then it just dies.

Poppop
10-23-2011, 09:40 AM
:)I picked the Cavalier because of the parts availability. The 2.4 engine will give you more power but more head aches too. The price for a 2.4 is three times what I paid for the 2.2 and actually ran a whole season on one motor this year. On the other hand, the Saturn has a pretty good folowing and is winning races. I don't know enough about them mechanically to be of any help that way but they work well for some. I think that they are a lot lighter because of all the plastic and need different repair methods. :cheers:

Poppop