PDA

View Full Version : Let's Replace the Top Ten Race Next Year

KennyWallace81
10-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Why don't we replace the top ten race with a "Non-Winners" race at the end of next year. Although it was fun for me, there were too many people who skipped the race because they had a lot to lose if they had issues in the top ten race and then didn't pass tech. inspection.

I think it would be better if we had a race where anyone who won any NEETS event in the last two years was excluded. The remaining cars who made at least 75% of the races would be eligible. You could collect an extra $5 for registration at each race and use it to fund the payout of that last race. The potential downside would be that you'd probably want to shorten the Mutha race to say 125 laps instead of 150. You could make the "Non-Winners" race around 50 laps. This could increase interest for those who are out of the points at the end of the season.

69racing
11-01-2011, 08:43 AM
I would have loved to run this year's race if I hadn't blown a head gasket in the Mutha.

I like the idea of a "non-winners" race. I agree with exclusing cars that have won in the last 2 years & have made at least 75% of the races. I don't know if I would want to run 50 laps on top of already running 125-150 laps in the Mutha. Maybe a 20-25 lap shootout?

KennyWallace81
11-01-2011, 09:05 AM
I was hoping that the post would get some interest and ideas. I guess I'd base the number of laps on the number of participants. Maybe something like 10 laps for 5 cars, 15 laps for 10 cars, etc. I just think a non-winners race would draw more interest than the top ten race and it also might encourage a few drivers to make the last race of the year if they were out of the points, not necessarily the fastest car, but still wanted a shot to win something.

Erin C
11-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey Kenny! We are always up for suggestions! Although I hate to stray away from the top 10 race at the mutha since we have been doing it for a very long time, this could be an idea for an added race at another event or even a change up from every other year...

We are also trying to think up ways to generate more interest, we have had multiple people ask us about spreading the purse out a little and I devised a new purse structure that Joe is going to look at and give the final yay or nay on...what I came up with was a purse that still is big money to the winner but the rest is spread out a bit more, and much like our prorated purse now, the amount of people getting paid would be prorated as well...how I calculated it was that 20% of the entrants would be walking away with something...but again, I have that pending approval for now as I took everyone's suggestions and made a new table and it will be discussed.

If anyone has any other suggestions you are more than welcome to post up on the forum or email me or Joe, or even call Joe directly. We want to make next year and the years after HUGE! :)

CAPTAIN
11-01-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm in for it. Will you be running 4's- & 8's together??? Could prove to be interesting!!!! YOU WANT TO GENERATE MORE INTEREST, THEN MOVE THE DEAD CARS!!! I CAN BRING ALMOST ALL THE DIAMOND GUYS TO GRANDVIEW, BUT THEY WILL NOT COME IF YOU DO NOT CLEAR THE TRACK. I HAVE ABOUT 15-20 MORE CARS THAT WILL COME IF YOU DO THE RIGHT THING.

KennyWallace81
11-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Erin, you guys have been at this a long time so I defer to your wisdom and experience. BTW - I would call Joe, but he can be grouchy if you wake him up from one of his many naps:lol:

NeetsSpectator
11-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Heres an idea.
First event of the year, clear the cars off of the track.
See if it brings a big car count.

glassmanjtf
11-01-2011, 06:23 PM
I agree, these are all very good ideas, i also like move the dead cars but either way i'm racing and have a couple of buddies that came to the last race and are going to be building cars this winter! So thats a couple more cars!! Either way you (Erin) and Joe do a great job!

Philter39
11-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Removing the dead cars makes the race no longer an enduro . Just another "street stock" race.
JMO phil

3gracing
11-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm in for it. Will you be running 4's- & 8's together??? Could prove to be interesting!!!! YOU WANT TO GENERATE MORE INTEREST, THEN MOVE THE DEAD CARS!!! I CAN BRING ALMOST ALL THE DIAMOND GUYS TO GRANDVIEW, BUT THEY WILL NOT COME IF YOU DO NOT CLEAR THE TRACK. I HAVE ABOUT 15-20 MORE CARS THAT WILL COME IF YOU DO THE RIGHT THING.

2 or 3 of our cars would DEFIANTELY come back, plus 2 others that i just talked to!!

tbirdracer
11-02-2011, 12:31 AM
how about top ten along with a few wild cards. pull car numbers out of a hat. start them up front and give them an advantage. jmo. both worlds happy! :lol:

Poppop
11-02-2011, 05:32 AM
:)Parked cars get hit some times and some times you get wrecked avoiding them. It doesn't keep ME home. :cheers:

richardpetey
11-02-2011, 09:02 AM
How about starting the race off on 3 flats............................................. ..:help:
I gotta lotta "sperience" in the tire testing field..........................:rolleyes:
Do I put the good sneaker on the RF or the RR...............................:confused:
I'd pay to see the mad-dash to the pit entrance on the drop of the green.....................................;)
UNCLE PETEY...................................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
That's a funny idea Petey.....LOL!!!

Non-winners race/shootout...
I LOVE that idea, but why not do it at the Junk-A-Thon since we already get a lot of cars for that race...add the $5 registration for that day only and anyone who has never won a NEETS Enduro in the past two years qualifies to run it. Winner take all - 20 laps shoot out. Small and Big separate, the $5 fee from all registrants goes only from small car drivers to small car drivers and big car drivers to big car drivers.... Obviously, previous winners will be exempt from paying the $5.

Moving Dead Cars...
This is the same old argument that has been going on since the beginning of the enduros....we ALREADY DO move cars... IF the car is not in the grove or IF there is still more than XX% of cars still racing, the car will stay where it is. However if there are too few cars left racing or if the main groove is blocked, we clear the cars.

I say that IF the drivers want to race an enduro, they should fully understand the concept of the sport. The cars shouldn't be moved at all, however due to the danger of leaving a car on the track when there are only a few cars left race at higher than normal speeds, we have to move the dead cars.....and due to the economy, we understand how difficult it is to go out and buy new and start over... We have always played it on the safe side and cleared cars on a CASE-BY-CASE basis....that is not going to change...

Remember the good old days of 200+ cars on a short track at once? There were no issues regarding moving dead cars since there was no way drivers could get up enough speed through all the traffic to hurt themselves or others....plus cars came a dime a dozen back then too....

Final word on dead cars.....once again, will be discussed at the Rules Meeting Saturday.....

Danger83Ranger
11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
kenny, what makes that so great is that it was the last lap!

still to this day, I would like to see the purse restructured. the amount paid does not need to be increased, simply spread the wealth through the top 10 in each race so that more people receive a little something for their hard work. referring to the NEETS purse link http://www.neetsracing.com/purse/purse.htm
this is what I propose in regards to the average of 31-44 cars (class C) since that is the normal amount of cars in each class.

1st - $435.00
2nd - $250.00
3rd - $175.00
4th - $120.00
5th - $85.00
6th - $55.00
7th - $45.00
8th - $35.00
9th - $25.00
10th - $15.00

total - $1,240.00

Class B (21-30 cars)

1st - $320.00
2nd - $180.00
3rd - $115.00
4th - $80.00
5th - $55.00
6th - $35.00
7th - $25.00
8th - $15.00
9th - $10.00
10th - $5.00

total $840.00

anyone agree with me? I think it would make the drivers more excited. it gives the drivers who are not consistent top 5 cars a chance at winning a little mulla. the purse right now usually caters to the same individuals for the most part because they are pretty much always in the top 5. im not even racing at the moment and im sort of excited just thinking about this! lol im going to call my theory on this subject, the Rams factor! haha

Philter39
11-02-2011, 06:07 PM
There is a reason some drivers are usually in the top five And there is a reason why some drivers do not. Why not divide up the purse to all the cars? Then we could be Communist racers. phil

NeetsSpectator
11-02-2011, 09:21 PM
There is a reason some drivers are usually in the top five And there is a reason why some drivers do not. Why not divide up the purse to all the cars? Then we could be Communist racers. phil

That greedy #5 is hogging up all the prize money. Joebama, Please help us spread the wealth.

Danger83Ranger
11-02-2011, 09:52 PM
i had a 95 horsepower truck, i wasnt blessed with the trux class like i intended on running beforehand. small cars were my only option and i made the best of it. some people just cant afford to own 3 cars and run them every race of the year. i sure as hell wasnt about to let the truck sit, couldnt afford to buy a new car and rebuild. 95 out of 100 people are gonna say restructure the purse, the 5 that wont are the guys that have consistently placed in the top 5. and yes, their is a reason they are up their...does that mean they deserve all and we deserve none? we try our hardest just as much as they do

CJfilms
11-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Erin is diligently working on the Rams Factor....make sure you bring your umbrellas....his head is about to explode!!! LOL!!!

That greedy #5......which one? LOL! Dave and Timmy both perform well enough each race to always end up at the front of the pack.....

As Phil said it...some drivers consistently finish at the front of the pack and some don't....that is how it is...

Even Petey said it...the cream will always rise to the top. Not meaning that if you haven't finished up front you aren't a good driver....these guys that are always up front have something you cannot tune into your car...seat-time. No matter how much you race against them, they will always have the years of experience ahead of you... The best thing to do is learn FROM THEM. Talk to the people you know always finish ahead of you, ask about car setup, racing techniques, etc... Knowledge is very powerful in enduro racing.....

And, for the record, I'm NOT talking to you and you alone Mr. Ramsey.....Stinky ( | ) !!! :p

Danger83Ranger
11-02-2011, 10:06 PM
haha joe, i understand what your saying. racing is hit and miss sport, you win some, you lose some. ive won many races in my day in actual race cars, equipment and setup is a huge factor for most on top of seat time. as for enduro racing, the vehicle is pretty much supposed to be stock, their are hundreds of hidden ways to get an advantage without anyone even knowing...also, were not running with strict rules, the cars out their are all different, make, model, horsepower, gearing...etc etc. enduro racing is 75% best equipment for the situation, 15% luck, and 10% driver ability to avoid the on track issues. use me for example, i managed to keep my nose clean with an inefficient vehicle, finish all 8 races, come home with ONE top ten and finish 5th in points. it can be easily done if you use your head, but for the most part, a faster car helps on the winning side...

i was simply looking for opinions on the subject, its something i believe would make the majority of drivers happier in general and give them something a little more to fight for. i have my disagreements just as much as the next guy/gal, but i still want this series to continue to grow therefore i will voice what i feel may indeed help. instead i get childish comments when a simple, i dont like the idea would have sufficed. "what we've got here is, failure to communicate. Some men, you just cant reach" (great movie btw)

KennyWallace81
11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm a little slow (as evidenced on the track) so it took me a while to figure out the Phil might be calling me a Communist! He may be right based on my first post that started this interesting discussion. Like a true politician however, I'm flip-flopping to side with the Capitalists. I think we should change it as follows: One class of "stock" cars regardless of how many cylinders, winner take all the loot, 200 laps. The heck with the Ladies race (sorry Linsey), who needs a non-winners race (buncha losers anyway), screw the points system, becuase capitalism is about winning every time and not about trying hard and finishing near the front. What was I thinking... a non-winners race... phooey!! The next thing you'd know we'd all be getting trophies just for participating and Joe would be telling each of us how "special" we all are.

Oh yeah... I'd also make a junkyard run the day before the race just to pick up a couple of dead cars to put on the track for the start of the race.

Phil... thanks for bringing me back to my senses.

I'm working on a more complete list ideas for the rules meeting. See you there:lol:

Kenny

richardpetey
11-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Since were playing the rules thing again! I wanna quote a few things I've learned over the years, that never make the rulebook:
Stupidity is not a crime...your free to race............................:(
Bigtime Caution: Driver has money.....................................:drool:
Objects in your mirror are not getting a trophy......................:)
Wanna make $1000 racing?......Spend $10,000.......................................:dis gusted
If you lived in your racecar you'd be home by now.................................:D
If you can't find the performance problem its in your helmet............................:confused:
Its painful when you have to pull that excuse out of your a$$............................................... ........:rolleyes:
Ax me about my driver diversity training...............................:help:
If you keep getting banged in the rear..................your doing it wrong............................:eek:
Last but not least, for our beautiful lady drivers; Hang-up and drive............................................. .....:applause:
UNCLE PETEY..........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Philter39
11-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Correction I own 4 cars. 1 was built in 1997 39b, 1 in 1998 39 pontiac, Mazda in 2007 built at a cost of $53 and the Honda. All my cars are 100% stock. Have you taken notice of the 28 and 38 year old trucks I use to tow to the races. Things are not what they always appear. I only brought 1 car this year after I crashed my Pontiac. I am supporting this series by lending my old cars to others they pay the costs involved with their rides. phil

rustyboltz6
11-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey Phil, they just don't build 'em like they used to!! "Old School!!!!!"

Joe, I won't be coming to the meeting on Saturday, but as far as the rules and the payout go, I don't think there is no immediate need to re-invent the wheel!! The rules, procedures and payouts you have in place are fine. Don't muddy the waters, keep things simple!!! The biggest thing to remember, I think, is to enforce all rules, penalties, etc. "consistently" and all will be well in the world of NEETS. You will never please everybody!!!!! As far as moving the dead cars?? That is an argument that will never end.:mad: I think we can all agree that in the "true spirit" of enduro racing the dead cars should be left where they die. But in the real world where all the costs involved in building and maintaining a car in order to continue participation in these events continue to rise, maybe the dead cars should be removed or at least taken out of the racing groove. The longer our cars last, the more races we can compete in. I would tend to think that the more cars you have participating, the more people you will have to fill the stands, which is good for the racing economy. I'm not so sure people want to see all these wrecks, especially with dead cars, at an enduro race?? My guess would be that if you asked all the drivers what their intentions were the day of a race, I think their reply would be that they came to race their car, not wreck their car??? It is "racing", not "wrecking". Save the demolition derbies for somewhere else!!

**** P.S. If some of the guys out there would remember to look beyond the front end of their car, many of these crashes would be avoided!!!! Patience!!!!!!

I hope the meeting goes well and the banquet!!! See you at the track in 2012!!!!

It is what it is!!!!!!!!!!!

Philter39
11-04-2011, 05:32 PM
No Ken you are not slow. Just saying that mediocrity need not be rewarded. phil