PDA

View Full Version : Long islanders represent again in pa. !!!

racing#s
11-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Last weekend he won at Wall...today,Steve 'Pitbull' Trimboli takes another win in the 4cyl. Enduro at Mountain speedway. Walter Stroud took down the 8cyl. win, (Pitbull takes second)....
Nowak wins in the Legend race........

CONGRATS TO ALL !!! :applause:

A69pizzoo
11-06-2011, 10:43 AM
What car did steve drive in the 8 cylinder race

racing#s
11-06-2011, 12:00 PM
He drove the 4 cyl. Benz....

PIT BULL
11-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Only had power in the straights. Nothing at all in the turns. Got beat by a car leangth. Congrats to Stroud.

rfgenduro
11-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Did you put fuel in the Benz after the 8 cyl race? Becouse I though I saw it being driven onto the trailer under its own power.

PIT BULL
11-06-2011, 05:38 PM
The pick up is in the center of the tank. I had fuel on the straights but nothing in the turn. Gravity.

rfgenduro
11-06-2011, 07:09 PM
OK Thanks - Is there a locker in that rear?

PIT BULL
11-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Brought mine up to there attention before I got there and was told it woldnt be a problem as it was a 4 cylider car in either race. It also has a factory header, factory getrag 5spd, 2.3 ltrs that makes 185hp at 6200rpm.and an independent rear suspension. Here I googled it for you.

http://mb190e16v.com/Templates/Mercedes_the%20car%20index.htm

The bottom end has over 200k on it. The cylinder head just got a valve job reuseing the old,stock,original valves, Stock, original cams, Kept the original exhaust guides replaced the intakes as they wher worn. It was 10 thousands warped so we put in an oven then milled it just a touch. It just makes under 10.5:1 compression after the valve job as 10.5 is stock. It also made 27"of vacuum in tech at wall There rule is not below 17".

I do have a full blown ported head but if I was to use it, it would not help as I would also need more cam and cubes to make it work properly.It also would make power at too high of an rpm for circle track. Its sitting my bench on my shop with a mirrior finished gasket surface which is obvious it hasnt been on a car since the work was done. I bought it from a machine shop last week because a customer left it there with out paying. I need to have special sized shims made for the lifter buckets as its usless the way it is. I will keep tools in my truck to remove my head if any officials want me to. As long as they do there home work and know what there looking at. I would love to shut up the no nothings who have talked **** about my engine being modified. Its such a dam shame that a 4 cylinder Mercedes does such a number on v8 cars as I am a big chevy fan. And Im known not to care for Mercedes very much. Looking forward to racing the grand car as there will be much stiffer competition. I am hopeing to top 10 my first season. Any other questions??? Looking to build a Benz for the enduros?? I will give you any advice I can.