PDA

View Full Version : 11/08/11 - Cliff Krause says Wall Stadium will remain paved

RGeeProductions
11-08-2011, 07:47 PM
HAS NO INTEREST IN OTHER SPEEDWAYS

Despite reports to the contrary, Wall Stadium promoter Cliff Krause says that he has no plans to change his third mile paved oval’s racing surface to dirt. Krause also said that reports suggesting that he has an interest in promoting another speedway are completely untrue.

“In a way, I can see how these stories may have gotten started,” Krause said. “Most people know that I have a strong love of and involvement in local racing on both paved and dirt surfaces. People also know that I am very excited about bringing dirt track Modified and Sportsman cars to Wall Stadium’s paved track for Turkey Derby in a few weeks.

“But let me make this perfectly clear. I see no reason to change Wall Stadium’s paved surface to dirt and I have no plans on changing the surface while I’m involved with Wall Stadium. I also am not interested in operating any other speedway.

“I am concentrating on Wall Stadium and on Turkey Derby on Thanksgiving weekend.”

Turkey Derby XXXVIII is a two racing tradition set for Friday November 25 and Saturday November 26 during the daylight hours. On November 25, practice will start at 8:30 a.m., while qualifying will start at noon and feature racing will begin at 2:00 p.m. On November 26, practice will start at 8:30 a.m., with qualifying set for 11:00 a.m. and feature racing set for 1:00 p.m.

Pit gates will open at 6:30 a.m., with pre-purchased grandstand seating opening at 9:30 a.m. and grandstand seating opening at 10:00 a.m. both days.

Friday main event action will feature the paved Sportsman cars, the dirt Sportsman cars, Late Models, Legend Cars and the Factory Stocks. On Saturday, the Touring Modifieds, Wall Modifieds, dirt Modifieds, TQ Midgets and Street Stocks will all see main event action.

Wall Stadium is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400, while CKMotorsports@aol.com is the track’s email address. More information is also available at www.wallspeedway.com.

Jeff Gravatt