PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Star Johnny Benson is in for Atlantic City Indoor Race

LongIslandJam
11-18-2011, 05:36 PM
NASCAR STAR JOHNNY BENSON IS IN FOR ATLANTIC CITY INDOOR RACE; TEAMS WITH CICCONI IN NEW DRINAN CAR

ATLANTIC CITY, NJ – November 17, 2011…ISMA Supermodified star and past NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck standout Johnny Benson, Jr. is the latest driver to file an entry for the Indoor Auto Racing event to be held at Atlantic City’s Boardwalk Hall in February.

Benson, 48, earned a total of 17 career wins among NASCAR’s three national circuits, including one Sprint Cup triumph, at Rockingham, N.C., in 2002.

Benson has proven to be a quick study throughout his career. In three different series, ASA, NASCAR Nationwide and NASCAR Sprint Cup, Benson has earned Rookie of the Year honors. He subsequently earned ASA and Nationwide Series championships, indicative of his ability to adapt quickly.

Lou Cicconi Jr. is preparing a new Drinan-chassis for Benson to drive. “I raced with Johnny in ISMA the last couple of years. I can see by racing with him that he gets the most out of a car. That’s the kind of driver I want,” Cicconi stated.

Benson’s most recent win came at Seekonk, Mass. on October 2, 2011 in an ISMA Supermodified race; Cicconi trailed him for most of that race.

Though Benson has never raced indoors, Cicconi has no doubt his versatility will make him instantly competitive. Cicconi is also building an identical new Drinan car for himself.

The 10th edition of the event under the direction of Len Sammons and staff is planned for Friday and Saturday nights Feb. 3-4, 2012. TQ (three quarter) Midgets, dirt 600cc Micro-Sprints, Slingshots and Champ Karts will be in competition.

Tickets for the Atlantic City event are on sale now at Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com and at the Boardwalk Hall box office. Ticket prices remain the same as the past event. Premium seats sell out quickly.

Tickets and further information can also be obtained by calling the show office (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at 609-888-3618.