PDA

View Full Version : Simplified Points System

Acadia
11-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Whew!!!

http://hometracks.nascar.com/Simplified_Points_System_To_Be_Instituted_In_NASCA R_Regional_Touring_Series

Sluggo44
11-29-2011, 04:35 PM
At least we dont have a "Chase" like the Cup series does. It be interesting to see how this plays out next year. Basically if a driver gets a DNF/DNS they could be possibly knocked out of contention, especially if the schedule is only 14 races long

Acadia
11-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Everybody, even the really good teams DNF, so they can all have their oops and even things out.

But at least this points allocation will be more comprehensible. The bonus points might be worth fighting just a little bit harder. The points gaps will be smaller and make standings seem closer, or understand how close they can be. I know I liked this point system in the Cup series.

MJProcko
11-30-2011, 02:05 AM
I don't want a chase like the cup - I would like to see 6 combo races between the northern and southern tours that would make a national champion as well as count towards the northern and southern champion. Similar to what the PASS series does. With the addition of the Rockingham race to the WSMT it would be nice to see a full field. I went to the last cup race there and it's a great facilty. This would be a nice national champion schedule.

3 in the north:
Loudon
Stafford
Thompson

3 in the South:
Bristol
Rockingham
Probably Caraway but South Boston or Hickory would be better IMO
but it really should be Richmond or Martinsville.

Now that would be something to look forward to and with very little effort on Nascar's part other than finding a point fund sponsor for the national series.

Acadia
11-30-2011, 10:19 AM
I don't want a chase like the cup - I would like to see ...

Don't worry, the release didn't say that the Chase was being implemented, just the simpler points allocation.

But your blending of the North and South looks nice, simple, doable.

rpd
12-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Love the combo idea. Think how special those races would become. Six races with the best of the best

Acadia
12-06-2011, 11:07 PM
For example, many cars will not qualify for these combo races, and that will separate each Tour into those that earned points in these events and those that didn't, sort of a default Chase.