PDA

View Full Version : I heard a rumor!!!

CAPTAIN
11-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Pea shooters???? Really???? Who's idea was that??? All you are going to do is slow down the whole race. Fast car will be somewhat slower, and the slow car will be slower than they are already. What is trying to be accomplished???? Hope this is not true!!!!

richardpetey
11-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Hey Chuck! Rumor has it that they wanna put electrodes in our helmets wired to the ZAP button on their scanners.........................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY............................................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

glassmanjtf
11-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Yea thats true it's only gonna slow everyone down who want's to :eek: see slower cars ?? Not me...........

CAPTAIN
11-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Who suggusted this idea???? I'll tell him how it is!!! You act like this is a good idea. Why don't you just give us an hour time limit instead of 100 laps!!!! Maybe we should just break out the big wheels, i got some training wheels for peety!!!

11-30-2011, 06:39 PM
This way when we hit the dead cars on the track we won"t be going so fast.What a brilliant idea!

richardpetey
11-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Good idea Chuck! Training wheels.............why didn't I think of that................................:confused:
If you only mentioned it sooner...............coulda saved $$$$$$ before all those flat tires.....................:disgusted
Don't like rule changes because they usually cost you more money..................:disgusted
Don't worry, those smaller tailpipe extensions don't slow you down as much as you would think..................:help:
By the way Chuck, don't hold back on this one.........tell us how you really feel....................:D
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Philter39
11-30-2011, 09:28 PM
I raced at Susquehanna speedway in the 90s and we ran a Y pipe and 1 peashooter 1-1/2 inch od. I think not that it slowed the cars down that much. As you know the BD roadrunners have pea shooters. Are they slow ?? I did some math a car with a stock exhaust system with 1 2 inch tailpipe has 3.1416 square inches of exhaust. A car with 2 1-1/2 inch tailpipes has 3.5343 sq,in of tail pipe. Seems to me that no" slowing down" will happen with a stock engine. I will take math over myth any day. phil

CAPTAIN
11-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Take your hand, wrap it around your neck. Start sqeezing. Can you breathe correctly??? If you choke an engine, than it will not breathe, it will not work correctly. Big diamond roadrunners are fast. Take away the shooters and they will be faster. We are in the racing business, i come to the track to race not to just run around. I can run around at home for free. I will take logic & common sense over math anyday. So go do your math, good luck with it!!!!

Erin C
12-01-2011, 07:24 AM
Big Diamond was also going to bring on this rule for their Enduro's next year...THAT is where the idea came from...

It was either a 12 dollar part or we were tossing around the idea of a rev box...I like the 12 dollar idea better than the 100 dollar one to even out the competition a little.

CAPTAIN
12-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I know both tech guys, this rule was never discussed, so i do not know who would state that. None of the diamond guys that i know of even showed up for your rules meeting. You said that you like the 12.00 part to keep it cheap. Ok, i got a suggestion. Why don't you move the dead cars to minimize damage & costs in the event of an accident. I like the move the cars rule better than totaling a car and struggling to get back to the track to support your series. Captain #70

Erin C
12-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Maybe it was never discussed with you but it was definitely brought up to us as a FACT that it was supposed to be a new rule for 2012 during a private meeting a few weeks before our rules meeting during that fluke snow storm in October. There were some things discussed we liked and some we didn't...this happened to be a cheaper alternative to what we had initially wanted to do so decided to give it a shot...

We asked if anyone had suggestions or wanted to voice their opinions to come to the rules meeting and there was not one person representing BD in attendence.

AS DISCUSSED at the meeting this is an idea to even out the competition a little, if it doesn't work we will throw it away and try something new next year, but that is on OUR discretion...

As Joe and I know from experience, we can't keep everyone happy...we knew not everyone was going to like this idea but the majority had no problem with it...

That's all I have to say on the topic of the 2012 Rules until they are posted publicly...

Maddawg
12-01-2011, 07:19 PM
you had your chance to come to the rules meeting and listen, and voice your opinions there...... but you did not show up. So why do you come on this forum and always say negative things about NEETS and Grandview ?? the way I see it is they give you a place to race and a set of rules to follow, you may not like all of them, no one really likes them all but we have to follow them.. if you don't like the rules , procedures , whatever , YOU have the choice to FOLLOW or STAY HOME ---:confused:
Maddawg
417-14

CAPTAIN
12-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Do you think i come here just to complain for myself??? I do it for all of you also. If something is wrong or out of place i speak up and i'm the bad guy??? Everyone that knows me knows that i am vocal, and speak my mind. They also know that i would do anything to help anyone. Those days are gone. You all are on your own. Don't ask for anything. This will be my last post ever. Do not complain to me when something is wrong, or your car gets totaled and you can not race because there is too much damage. The rules are in place, i always abide by them, i have never failed tech. There are people that need to follow the rules. I heard of someone in the top ten that should have failed tech every race he placed if my what i was told is true, i did not hear it first hand, so i'm chalking it up to rumor, but the tech guys know if it is true. There was a reason that none of the big diamond guys were not at the rules meeting, don't you find that suspect??? Maybe we as a group know something. There is a reason for everything. Good luck to all!!! Captain #70 the end

Danger83Ranger
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I dont care what the rules are, rules are put in place for a good purpose. I would just like to see the tech rules enforced in greater detail...that is what needs to be done to make the competition closer. Its ridiculous, but their are quite a few big car motors that should be torn down and thoroughly inspected...:lol:

Philter39
12-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Big diamond roadrunners are fast. So go do your math, good luck with it!!!!
Yes Big Diamond roadrunners Are fast we both agree. YET they have the same pea shooters That you claim will make us slow. Math for me ( I have had good luck with my math) Logic for you. Racing for everyone. My 39 cents I will say no more . Phil

RICK16RACIN
12-01-2011, 11:11 PM
The pea shooter is a rule I put in place to do exactally that , choke the motors , BUT only the big valved high compression motors will be affected !! motors that are less modified will not !!! this rule was going into place period!!! my theory is if you cant push the air you cant suck the air !!! it was either this or a rev limiter or make the vac. rule 18.5 and i know for most that would cost way too much money !! I am trying to keep it cheap and simple !!!!! Sorry if this is upsetting .

RICK16RACIN
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
There is an exception to this rule !!! if you run a y pipe no greater then 2 1/2 single exhaust no pea shooter is needed .

Erin C
12-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Oh Chucky, I know you are vocal, that's why I wasn't getting upset and tried to explain why we used the rule and where the idea came from instead of just saying its our rule no questions asked. But you can tell me I'm pretty every once in a while to even out the other stuff....or Joe, you can tell Joe he's pretty, I'm sure he'd appreciate it :D

CJfilms
12-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I vote everyone goes out there and does whatever they want! I'd LOVE to see a race like that...no tech, no safety rules...run what ya brung....

...Problem is...insurance. Insurance companies are getting smarter and realize that if the cars are going faster with less safety in place, the probability of a claim (a HIGH claim) is more likely. IF the cars are going slower and IF the safety regulations are put in place and followed, there should be less claims filed.

Is this whole debate really about insurance when you break it down? No.

I will say this....it is about stock car enduros.... We offer a "stock car" "enduro" event and this is what happens...read both, the about part and my input...

What it's all about:
Stock Car: A junk vehicle that can be purchased at a junk or scrap yard or something you can inherit or buy for a couple hundred dollars max. Add safety, cage and bars, then number it and ride!

Enduro: Cars are left dead on the track, drivers have to navigate around the obstacles...some of the obstacles THEY create themselves. Track conditions are usually the worst possible imagined conditions....rain, soapy tracks, snow, mud....or Grandview Mudd....that's in its own category. As many cars start as the scoring system can handle...hand scoring - unlimited...transponder system - 150 cars.

MY INPUT:
Stock Car: Driver picks the fastest car they can afford to buy and build...focuses mainly on performance and appearance..will spend a few dollars on a helmet if they have to. Then they get beat at least one time...car goes up on the lift and they decide to tear out the stock motor and BUY a brand new motor or (worse yet) spend a couple of thousand dollars having a motor custom built...keep in mind, we're claiming MOTORS AND PARTS this season and not whole cars...if you spent 2,000 on a performance motor and you are bragging about it...we may decide to claim it for $400...that needs to be realized once and for all.

Enduro: Truth is...we don't run enduros like the old days and that is mainly because of car counts...if the car counts were over 100 for each class, on a 1/3 mile high banked, muddy track...you would not have to worry about hitting a dead car at 50 MPH....you would have to worry about getting through traffic and maybe get to see 30 MPH...

The dead car issue was born from TWO things:
1. The economy...with the cost to buy/build a car way up...no too many people are rushing out to start racing...they are more concerned about paying their mortgage which is two months overdue... Therefore.....LESS CARS...

2. Less cars....yes, I'm using the first item in my list as the second item... Because there are less cars that are competing, the drivers who are racing are racing at higher speeds. The faster you go, the safer you have to be...the safer the car, the more money it costs... Now, with less cars that are now faster and cost more money...instead of having rolling $#!T boxes, we have all out race cars... Race cars cost money to maintain and if there is nothing left on the track, then the cost of racing should go down...

The truth in that last statement is that there is none.... As fewer cars participate, registration fees have to increase to allow for the higher purse... As fewer cars participate, fewer fans want to spectate... As fewer fans show up race after race, sponsors dwindle down and the cost to maintain your ride goes up...

Now, you got what you want... Cars moved, faster racing. What had to happen to bring this about? Less people participated, loss of attention, costs went up across the board.....this isn't all because of dead cars, but maybe you all see why I keep saying the dead car issue will fix itself IF we get more support....the keyboard complainers aren't supporting anything by hiding behind their computer on race day and bashing tracks and series...

And Chuck, because I know you well enough...I know you are not a keyboard complainer...you above all will outright voice your opinion anytime it is asked of you.... If more people were like Chuck at the times when we say...are there any questions...things will be different... When no one speaks up, nothing changes...

richardpetey
12-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Thank you Joe for another well intentioned under 1000 word dissertation, but:........................:applause:
Any rule change, good, bad or indifferent costs the racer MONEY and TIME.......................:rolleyes:
No matter what you do, the same guys your trying to slow down will still run upfront, they will adapt and survive..................;)
The whiners will still "squeal like a pig" because they refuse to "do what it takes to win"......................:help:
NEETS has a good set of rules, you don't need any changes, just enforce the ones that were already in print..............:disgusted
UNCLE PETEY...........................................:w ave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
12-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Thank you Joe for another well intentioned under 1000 word dissertation, but:........................:applause:

He just likes to hear himself type :lol:

RICK16RACIN
12-02-2011, 03:07 PM
:disgusted Well as far as the rules go , most of the people whining on here are the ones who ask for leniency in Tech at the end of the day or swear it was right when it left the shop ??? :confused: ( or its a teamates car) I really thought i was being fair with everyone ??? giving people time to get there car started or checking for plugs and wires or rockers that came off, bent push rods , vacum leaks, etc....!! But apparently not ??? All i can say is" BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU WISH FOR !!!!!!" ;) And Chuck do tell why none of the diamond guys were not there for the rules meeting , please!!!

Erin C
12-02-2011, 03:41 PM
lets not start anything...tis the season to be jolly...lets all be jolly while waiting for the schedule =]

RICK16RACIN
12-02-2011, 03:44 PM
SORRY :rolleyes:

richardpetey
12-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I still love ya Rick! Even thought your trying to put the squeeze on my tailpipe....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY............................................: wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

greenflag
12-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Can't take sides on this one. NEETS does a great job (of course, I'm a little bias on that lol) and I'm really glad to see there will be more races next year! I have always respected the Captain. He has been a fine supporter of racing, not only as a driver & car owner but a sponsor as well. He has done a lot for our sport of enduro racing and dirt track racing in general. And, Chuck is never afraid to speak his mind, not hiding behind anyone or anything. Its great that the Schuylkill County competitors make the haul to Grandview and support the NEETS shows. After all, I'm a Schuylkill county lifetime resident, myself, so I guess I'm a little bias there also :) 2012 looks like its going to be a great year, looking forward to the release of that 2012 schedule.

Erin C
12-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Can't take sides on this one. NEETS does a great job (of course, I'm a little bias on that lol) and I'm really glad to see there will be more races next year! I have always respected the Captain. He has been a fine supporter of racing, not only as a driver & car owner but a sponsor as well. He has done a lot for our sport of enduro racing and dirt track racing in general. And, Chuck is never afraid to speak his mind, not hiding behind anyone or anything. Its great that the Schuylkill County competitors make the haul to Grandview and support the NEETS shows. After all, I'm a Schuylkill county lifetime resident, myself, so I guess I'm a little bias there also :) 2012 looks like its going to be a great year, looking forward to the release of that 2012 schedule.

I agree 100% - thanks Gary!

Bill11
12-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I can't say why noone showed up for the rules meeting I can only speak for my 3 cars. I had to work the weekend and you also had the meeting on the day of the area's largest race car swap meet at the fram show parking lot.

Bill11

rk1714
12-11-2011, 02:42 AM
As for the "Killian team" we have 2 good cars to bring this year. Very excited to see what Kyle can do in a GOOD car, afterall in his first race he pulled out a 5th in the 17K. His car the 4K is a much

much better car . just cant wait: Should absolutely be among the best in the devision!!! Russ Killian