PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead Tour Race

limodmaniac
12-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Still looking for people who want to help out - 300 for your name on the modified of your choice - can't get a better deal than that.

Each year, I debate two things. 1) If i can afford to do this again, and 2) if I should do it the same way or make changes.

One idea ( Thank you TBax) - to offer 300 to each driver. If the except it, it's theirs. Or they can tell me to hang on to it. All of the money I hang on to - goes into the "POT" So let's say 5 drivers say to hang on to the money- that makes 1500. At the end of the race, the highest finisher among those five drivers gets 1500 ( they don't even have to win the race) Of course, the other 4 drivers end up with nothing. Sort of a gamble.. but might be a fun way to change it up some. If say, ten drivers say to keep it, then they gamble on the possibility of taking home 3000. Would love to hear from car owners and drivers on what they think.

Besides the 300 to each driver- we are hoping to have the following bonus money - 1000 to the winner, 500 Mike Ewanitsko hard charger award, and 500 to heat winner. All of those could go higher with your support. In addition, we'd like to do lap money again, and if we do as well as last year, some added extra bonus awards as well.

By the Grace of God and 600 horsepower, we will hopefully be able to make this event something extra special again this year.

Bobby1717
12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I like it. I can see five guys doing it. Not all the top contenders are strong at that track but it would be interestting to watch.

Bobby1717
12-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Or you can take the three big races of the year at Riverhead.. the 77 lapper, 100 lapper and tour race and make a point fund for only those who attend all three races.

Just a thought